Eve = Safe

I think that has more to do with the current powers pushing the small fish and weaker / less entrenched and prepared groups and individuals out. There’s no shortage of targets or entertainment for these people and being on friendly terms with other more organized and capable groups is a solid way to ensure ISK continues to flow. Can’t say I 100% agree, but it’s EVE and I understand.

I think that’s a bad idea. What will this actually do but require more use of your contact list and standings?

Just seems like you’re just saying anything that comes to the top of your head here. I understand why highsec exists, so it’s easy for me to see why people would want to live here in order to extort as much entertainment and value out of the area.

So then what is the point of them traveling through highsec? These ships have jump drives and can travel around just fine.

1 Like

Mission runners are the safest ingame
/s

1 Like

@Dom_Arkaral

I miss TEARS, dropping spawns on them was always fun.

You forgot the point I said on making incursions a lowsec only thing…

This would make everything more interesting and thus leading to unsafeness

Just nerf the payout. They are flying around blingy ships for the most part. The risk is there.

Edit: They could also force them to spawn in 0.5 systems as there’s less of a CONCORD presence there.

Yes, because that was the gem of that post.

How about considering something called Feasibility in your suggestions.

And btw, I think one of the main reasons Eve seems so much less dangerous for so many is for the same reason that book you have read 300 times has become boring. :moonwalkingparrot:

1 Like

Have you got any good ideas or are you just here to protect your safe eve?

Still keeping them safe… As the risk was to get them where there was no concord

Space is segregated the way it is for a reason as it allows different mechanics and different strategies / methods for killing and playing with others. The segregation is important and should be kept intact, unless you’re ready to talk about shrinking the number of systems that are in the game (I don’t personally think it’s a necessary idea).

I am all for promoting the “be the bad guy” style of play, but you have to have balance. I appreciate your enthusiasm to see everything explode but next time try to think a little more balanced.

Eve is a complicated game and we as players tend to think that we have years of game dev experience over CCP. I’m not saying that they are always right or that they know their game and it’s mechanics better than some of the players (lol) but the game is alright right now.

Like I said regarding highsec incursions… maybe try adjusting payouts and then possibly the frequency or timing of new spawns after the MOM is popped.

Danger? No, there was a lot of new stuff, exitements and fighting over the ‘undiscovered world’. I’m sure the people living in a ranch in the U.S. don’t have the same exitement and danger as the settlers had… but yes due to lax of exploration you can now see them youtube ‘dangerous stuff’ as they think that’s what’s missing.

OMG, WAS IT YOU WHO KEPT STEALING MY CANS 8 YEARS AGO?! Well, don’t do it and give me back my thousands of Veldspar. And I think a small amount of Scordite.

It was only 8 years ago so he probably still has the suspect timer…

3 Likes

hahahahah did you actually fill it up? :smiley:

1 Like

Hahaha oh god. +1 to you sir (sorry for assuming your gender, ma’am).

2 Likes
  1. Encourage smaller groups, it’s the ~10 man roams making 0.0 unsafe, not the 500 man blob you know 2 weeks in advance is gonna be there, and even if you don’t, before they fleet warp or move caps you gonna be far away or just make a deal with them (can’t fight and/or too lazy to move).
    Coalitions and their renters/ pets controlling half of the map (and blueballing the other half) is not healthy for the economy.

Pockets of space with special effects or physical obstacles (like they talked on youtube- huge environments) that would make the use of 50 supers impossible, would help the smaller dudes.

1. Make the game less static and easy to bot. Alliance wide “Twitch cameras” on ratting pocket entrances (automatic pings etc.) have to go.

That’s the best way yes. If they see you doing it though they’ll throw a neutral noobship in with the pods so the smartbomber gets Concorded. If you get them on the first try though you win.

That’s the player-driven part of the game that creates a meta like that. It’s been neat to see smaller groups get to control and use part of space and swing their smaller-sized carrier :dong: around but in the end they are still kept under the thumb of the larger blobs. I don’t know if there’s a healthy way to change that.

If you cared about sec status before you wouldn’t go the smartbombing route

When I’ve seen people going after Code pods and getting themselves Concorded doing it, they got absolutely furious. Don’t think they had considered all the possible outcomes. Lol

Eve as it is now is way better than it was before the Citadels came out.