Havoc

So what do people think of this update.

Just watching the video from CCP and it looks interesting, but with may things from CCP it’s going to take time to work out the finer details.

So I’m hoping from my standpoint I can help make a sys safer where as pirate players can make it more unsafe .

Same for them if there want to lower the security.

Gate camp systems might be interesting to but it all looks fun to me .

So if I’ve got this right this gives us more control over our favourite systems if you actually get off your ass and play the game , can’t really see ganker lowering a SS of a sys with them being lazy but who know .

Please do add your thoughts and point out if I have miss understood anything

Ps is this just for the war zone area of fw or for all over eve

(Ok I understand now it’s part of FW )

1 Like

If you want things to be safer, just join a Minecraft creative mode server.

No reason to play EvE.

1 Like

Why I can see this leading to more fighting, oh wait you don’t want people to fight back , I see now

1 Like

You can’t fight back.

That would require you to log in…

…and then you would still have to do…

something?

1 Like

I did say I was coming back soon , to much work in real over the summer to give eve any useful time .

Right, but when you come back…

…you will mostly stand around watching AFK miners.

Why?

There has to be a better use of your time.

Have you tried ganking?

1 Like

Corps doing FW right now , that will be fun I think

Yes, you should just leave all this antiganking nonsense behind. It’s a genuine waste of your time to try and protect AFK players in a video game. The game is not and never will be balanced around one person going AFK, not even trying, and remaining protected. It’s delusional to try and pretend it would ever be otherwise.

Miners must protect themselves.

3 Likes

It’s a waste of time regarding game mechanics, but still plenty of criminals to be hunted down

Besides not all your victims are afk

What are you going to do?

Waste your time chasing a Catalyst?

I’m sure the game has better content.

Very true but we had fun times

Name one.

That AO guy from your blog, who thought he was safe from ganking , not that I would have saved him , I may have helped you hehe

He was AFK.

All they have to do is warp away.

It’s not exactly difficult, if you are at the keyboard. One click.

@topic:

Looks like lot of wasted Dev hours for now, except for the beauty of design. Can’t see how it makes the game better, even the contrary by adding more unnessessary new rules and complexion. Another pocket of space that will be basically unusable for 95% of the population because it will be perma-camped or perma-farmed by a legion of alts (depending on what is to gain there, ISK, PvP, or strategical advantage for some blob). Again another unnessessary set of new and fancy environement mechanics that - so far - only favors blobbing over skilled mobile skimish gangs. It won’t attract new players imho who simply can’t survive there anyway because they lack both the hard- and softskills for dealing with this environment and ruleset.

It may entertain the boredom of some older players, but in 6 months from now it will probably be a skeletized, solved and controlled niche-thingy like Pochven is.

:person_shrugging:

(and yes, I am an optimist)

7 Likes

how is Havoc affecting HighSec?

Havoc seems very nice, it would make things more dynamic in EVE

Too soon to know what I will do with my FW alts, people are already theorycrafting about pushing the borders and then corrupt it, I know that Deltole can be corrupted… a certain someone will be pissy pissy about it

That’s what I wanted to know , the video from CCP said you can change them into a bit like low sec ,

If Uedama turned lowsec it would have major success at disrupting those HS pirate scum!

It would basically become Ahbazon 2.0 overnight. There would be no HS route from Jita to any of the major trade hubs. No more concord, 24/7 gate camps… It would be glorious!

1 Like