EVE University - Teaching players about EVE Online since 2004

You are probably familiar with EVE University’s wiki already. We strive to keep it a comprehensive and up-to-date public resource. But did you know we are also a corporation?

EVE University is a neutral, non-profit training corporation that exists purely to teach players about EVE Online. We were founded in 2004 and have taught thousands of players over the past 13 years, including many notable alumni. Since we started, EVE Online has changed significantly, and we have changed with it. But we have maintained our core values:

• Neutral - We do not get involved in sovereignty battles, and freely give non-aggression pacts. This means our members have a wide range of options when they decide to move on from EVE University. This does not mean we are a pacifist organisation, but we do not get involved in EVE politics.

• Non-profit - We don’t make any charge for our public classes and our wiki is provided free of charge to anyone who wishes to make use of it. The vast majority of our income is from donations, and is used to fund our member services, such as our ship replacement program, skillbooks program and implants program.

• Training - EVE University’s sole focus is training. We accept both new players and those who have played longer but still need some guidance. We run regular classes and events, as well as lots of training fleets. We also offer a mentor program, which matches members with a more experienced player for some one-on-one assistance.

Over time we have developed various campuses, which gives our members lots of different learning opportunities. Without having to move corporation, our members can try life in high sec, low sec, (NPC) nullsec and in a wormhole.

We do not have any minimum or maximum skillpoint limits. We generally accept any applicants who:

• Want to learn about EVE Online
  • Are applying with their main character. We do not accept alts as we simply do not have the budget to accommodate them
  • Have a security status above -4
  • Are prepared to follow our rules, which include honesty, respect and family-friendly communications

If you are interested in joining EVE University, follow these instructions to apply. If you would like to learn more about EVE University please join our public help channel E-Uni

21 Likes

For a summary of what is going on in EVE University this week see our calendar:

http://calendar.eveuniversity.org/

You can also see a list of our upcoming public classes here:

1 Like

I got to say, I love the idea of EVE University, but the applying procces is way to convoluted to me. I understand the necessity of interviews and API checks, but you guys add another step to that already long process. There’s actual universities IRL with easier entry methods. Anyway this is just my two cent, a little feedback on someone very interested in doing in game what I do IRL, but who got put off by your application.

5 Likes

What extra step are you referring to? Back when I joined, I found it to be pretty straight forward - even for a two week old player.

There are many misconceptions about our application process. Most of them are based on outdated information. Our application process consists of a few basic steps:

• Create an EVE Uni account. This enables you to sign into our forum, mumble, wiki etc and takes about 30 seconds to do. Log in with SSO, provide an email address and set up a password, that’s all.

• Fill out a short application with some information about you and what you want to learn, including your API. This takes a bit longer if you do it properly, but it just involves answering some easy questions which enable our staff to help guide you when you join, e.g. suggesting a campus to start out in.

• Some applicants are accepted at this stage. A few are sent for an interview with one of our Personnel Officers. This gives us an opportunity to chat with applicants one-on-one to see if they will fit in and provide them with some extra guidance if needed.

Even if an interview is required (which it often isn’t) the process typically takes a matter of a few days.

2 Likes

EVE Uni accepts both alpha and omega clones. We have training plans and ship fittings for alphas and loads of newbro friendly PVP fleets for you to get started.

1 Like

EVE Uni’s wiki is a free and comprehensive source of information about EVE Online. Be part of something :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We have been busy with a big op this week, taking down an Azbel belonging to a corp who previously war decced us. Revenge is sweet:

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=105674

1 Like

Currently our average time from applying to being accepted is a few days. Come join our public chat channel E-Uni for help and advice about joining or the game in general.

1 Like

EVE University is always accepting new members, apply today: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Applying_to_EVE_University

1 Like

Join our mailing list Classes.E-Uni to stay up to date on upcoming classes. We also post a summary of the upcoming week’s classes on the forum and on Twitter.

1 Like

As per usual, the majority of applications are processed within a few days at the moment. The days of it taking weeks to join are long in the past. Come and see what else has changed since the old days…

1 Like

EVE Uni is always accepting applications. We accept alpha players, new players and returning players who need a refresher on the game. We also accept experienced players who want to join to teach or mentor our newbros.

1 Like

Looking to Learn something New in Eve? Just joined the game and feeling lost?

For thirteen years, EVE University has been teaching pilots, helping them to get to grips with EVE, whatever their chosen career.
For all our members, we provide:

• Scheduled lessons from corp members, and lectures from various personalities in EVE.
  • Fun and interesting events, including free for alls, races, and competitions.
  • Replacement ships for PvP combat, up to cruiser size hulls.
  • Forums, Wiki and Chat Channels, filled with information for new pilots.
  • Skillbooks under 1 million ISK provided for free.
  • Adverts for corporations recruiting E-UNI graduates.
  • A true open community within EVE.
  • New and Improved Capsuleer Orientation Related Education (C.O.R.E) classes

… and more, provided free!

Still not sure, check out one of our Introduction to Eve Uni classes or ask one of our Personnel Officers in game

Apply here

2 Likes

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Applying_to_EVE_University

^ Start our application process here. The process takes a matter of a few days which is comparable to most other new player corps in my recent experience, quicker than some!

2 Likes

Don’t know what to do next? Or don’t know how to do what you want to do?
Join EVE University to find out what we can do to help you. Start your application here!

Or just come to one of our classes. More information here.

1 Like

Are you a new player that does not know where to start?
Or are you a more experienced player who is unsure how to start doing something new in EVE?

We are here for help anyone who wants to learn something new in a friendly environment!
Apply here!

1 Like

Looking to Learn something New in Eve? Just joined the game and feeling lost?

For thirteen years, EVE University has been teaching pilots, helping them to get to grips with EVE, whatever their chosen career.

For all our members, we provide:

Scheduled lessons from corp members, and lectures from various personalities in EVE.
Fun and interesting events, including free for alls, races, and competitions.
Replacement ships for PvP combat, up to cruiser size hulls.
Forums, Wiki and Chat Channels, filled with information for new pilots.
Skillbooks under 1 million ISK provided for free.
Adverts for corporations recruiting E-UNI graduates.
A true open community within EVE.
New and Improved Capsuleer Orientation Related Education (C.O.R.E) classes

… and more, provided free!

Still not sure, check out one of our Introduction to Eve Uni classes or ask one of our Personnel Officers in game

1 Like

If you’ve been away from the game for a while and need a catch up, why not join EVE Uni to get to know EVE again. We have everything you need to get you back on your feet and having fun. You can leave whenever you feel you are ready to move on to other things, no long term commitment required.

Of course if you find that you enjoy EVE Uni you are more than welcome to stick around and help us educate the next generation of pilots…

I am fairly new to EVE and though been out learning stuff on my own am looking to learn more and have that bit more security of a corp and the advice that will come with it … Most active time for myself is between 2000 hours to 0100 hours most days