EVEMon 4.0.20 - ESI Edition

Hi all! i have recently got back into EVE and started using the excellent EVEMon as usual.
However, i have noticed that for my market orders, evemon simply says that no market orders are available for this character even though i have a bunch of them.
it shows me at the bottom how many orders i have and how many are expired/fulfilled but will not list them at all.
I have re-imported all three characters on my account and this character is the only one with this problem.

I occasionally have other errors checking different things pop up that seem random. (error looking up character identities).

EVEMon 4.0.16.4965

API Error:
Error looking up character identities.
HTTP error: A request to esi.evetech.net failed with status: 404 (Not Found).

EVEMon.Common.Net.HttpWebClientServiceException: A request to esi.evetech.net failed with status: 404 (Not Found). ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found).
   at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()
   at EVEMon.Common.Net.HttpClientServiceRequest.EnsureSuccessStatusCode(HttpResponseMessage response)
   at EVEMon.Common.Net.HttpClientServiceRequest.<SendAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at EVEMon.Common.Net.HttpClientServiceRequest.<SendAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at EVEMon.Common.Net.HttpWebClientService.<DownloadStreamAsync>d__11`1.MoveNext()

I have reinstalled evemon and rebooted my pc but still having this problem.
Can anyone help me get my market orders back please?

Thank you for your time.

As has been said already, something in market API has changed, and either EVEMon needs some love in that area, or this is a genuine ESI bug that CCP has to fix.

These bugs were indeed not caused by app update but by database update, so it looks like itā€™s CCP to blame as usual. Is there a way to revert those updates?

Iā€™m not sure anymore. Looks like the EVEmon is bugged too. https://github.com/peterhaneve/evemon/issues Just a coincidence. And the image bug was way longer. My instance used cached images and I didnā€™t detect it. So if you clear cache you end up with no portraits. I switched to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dae.evepi&hl=en as I needed PI info.

Version 4.0.17 has been released, with updated links in the original post. Users of version 4.0.1 or later will receive an automatic update prompt. Users of earlier versions should install over using the EXE file in the release (not the ZIP), but see the warnings in the OP.

Several issues caused by recent breaking changes in the ESI API (particularly regarding a change to image serving) have been fixed. The CCP geography SDE has also been reverted to the last version as the latest solar system data from CCP is corrupt. Missing solar systems were causing dozens of crashes in places ranging from planetary colonies to market orders.

3 Likes

Is it possible to update the Link in the Help --> About to point to a download page for the installer? The link that is there goes to an old ( and outdated ) page for the older 2016 version(s)ā€¦

1 Like

Is it just me? Iā€™m not able to load evemon today at all. Itā€™s like something is killing the process. I have the new version 4.0.17 but yeah canā€™t get it to load up at allā€¦ Halp.

Thank you for all the replies, i can confirm that the latest version has fixed my issue with the market orders being unavailable. Will do more testing but Iā€™m happy for now with my favourite Eve tool! thanks again!

1 Like

After the latest update, Iā€™m sometimes getting messages like ā€œx market orders expired or fulfilledā€ even when no market orders have been expired or fulfilled, and for characters that donā€™t even have x amount of market orders open.

I just returned to Eve and quickly got the latest EveMon, I used it for years and loved it. This newer version doesnā€™t seem to be working for me though. It wonā€™t update my characters skill queues unless I delete the character and give it authorization again. This happens for all 6 characters, and they are still Alphaā€™s. Is that the problem? If they are Omegas will they be able to fetch the data better? When attempting to update, it will countdown from 1 minute, saying ā€œPendingā€¦ā€, and then resume another 1 minute countdown.

Dray Cil

The full update timer is quite long, but thereā€™s smaller timers for frequent updates of more volatile data. Please check the state more carefully.

Yeah, Iā€™ve checked the update timer settings and things. There are 4 characters that I simply cannot interact with, everything is greyed out like market transactions, and so forth. Even ā€œenable allā€ is greyed out. Only the two characters that are skilling up on can I check other statistics. Oh well, If I have to Iā€™ll just use it for the two players then.

Dray Cil

I can only guess some network issue then. I just checked again and all my characters are updated all right.

Just me or basically, eve mon wont update several stuffs like money?

I need to close it and open it again, then everything will be fine.

It seems that market updates itself. Wallet, no.

1 Like

Can evemon show me all the skills available just for an Alpha player

1 Like

You can create a plan and/or a reference character, but thereā€™s no direct way to know what skills are alpha and what are not.

Means functionality of that kind would be ad hoc and unreliable at best.

1 Like

Uniwiki has a complete list of all Alpha Clone skills.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Clone_states#Alpha_skill_set

1 Like

Got some communication eror bug going on between EVEmon and the Tranq server i play onā€¦ Error posted belowā€¦

EVEMon 4.0.17.4966

API Error:
Error querying the character sheet for Delmar Sanders Midumulf.
HTTP error: A request to esi.evetech.net failed with status: 404 (Not Found).

I uninstalled re downloaded the zip tried that same thing. So idk at this point.

ESI is not healthy right now. Wait a day or two after release dust is settled and try again.