EVEMon 4.0.20 - ESI Edition

I just want to say that I recently returned to the game after years away and EVEMon brought back a flood of nostalgia. Thank you for all your hard work.

1 Like

@Peter_Han

is there no download for 4.0.20 ?

JuuR

Version 4.0.20 has been released, with updated links in the original post. Users of version 4.0.1 or later will receive an automatic update prompt. Users of earlier versions should install over using the EXE file in the release (not the ZIP), but see the warnings in the OP.

Apologies for missing update notes for the last few updates, but most of the changes since 4.0.18 have been bug fixes and SDE updates. Note that the ESI/SDE still have invalid values for some of the new items and skills (for example, all attributes of the Fleet Formation skills in the SDE are blank), so EVEMon might display unexpected results if there are industry jobs with the new items or skill queues with the new skills. Among the new features include big improvements to the item pricer, which allow skill injector price estimation in plans (check the mouse over tooltip!)

4 Likes

Great work Peter!

Any reason in the About page there is still a link to the old deprecated Github page? (the one from 2016)

1 Like

Since the last update EveMon is constantly giving me the Error “Error logging into EVE SSO. If you changed your passwort, you must log in again using File > Add Character.”

I did not change any passwords and I have now re-put in all my characters twice. I mainly use EveMon to get an overview over skill times and that still seems to work, no idea if anything else is broken.

Does anyone know what causes these errors?

For weeks, it keeps telling me “1 market order is expired or fulfilled” but when I check it shows me completed orders that are weeks old. Is this an ESI thing?

Please, please update github link in the About box.

For about a month now all my characters refuse to update, it says in brackets (cached) after their names.
I’ve tried reinstalling, re-adding the ESI (for all), nothing.

Anyone else have this problem ?

My Industry jobs have stopped updating for x3 different Omega characters. It was spotty updating for a few weeks but has now stopped altogether.

Also, there are unknown items showing up in my market transactions which I know to be items related to the recent changes to industry/production.

I have cleared the cache and confirmed the ESI token is current. What should I try next?

The last 2 days does not display the list of corporate jobs.

EVEMon 4.0.20.4986

API Error:
Error querying industry jobs for Izhorskie Zavody.
HTTP error: The server at esi.evetech.net returned an error. The full response returned by the server was: 504 (Gateway Timeout)

1 Like

Confirming that. I got same problem with timeout. I also checked following overview:

https://esi.evetech.net/ui/?version=legacy#/Industry

It shows that corporation industry jobs with a red dot (I think it means “offline”) since two days.

Edit.:
Found also “GetTypes” & “Get star information” with red dots. Rest seems to work.

EVEMon working as expected. My question deals with writing skill plans and blank character creator. How can I write a skill plan and save it with the ability to import it into EVEMon. I would like the plan to be based on a character with zero skills. If I use the blank character creator, I need to choose Race, Bloodline, Ancestry and Gender, all of which have an effect on the characters starting skills.

I am also having these errors, but only on some of my characters, others are working fine.

Yeah I get occasional errors like the ones mentioned. Just a shutdown and restart is required for it to work again, for me. Especially when you reset your PI extractors. It won’t update unless you restart EveMon.

Dray

If I copy a skill that I own to clipboard from a skill plan and select shopping list, evemon crashes.

EVEMon Version: 4.0.20.4986
.NET Runtime Version: 4.0.30319.42000
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19043.0
Executable Path: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Newark\mon\EVEMon.exe”
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: text
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(String text, TextDataFormat format)
at EVEMon.SkillPlanner.PlanEditorControl.miCopySelectedToClipboard_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Datafile report:
eve-blueprints-en-US.xml.gzip (233KiB - df91ac86ac9954dfaff13ab77681a1cc)
eve-certificates-en-US.xml.gzip (45KiB - 540000f7c111354769a54fa31e57d411)
eve-geography-en-US.xml.gzip (1007KiB - 3077e700023d84a267b744a6ee44acc7)
eve-items-en-US.xml.gzip (3540KiB - 4c9cb667e22421fad8ca08777be7fd8a)
eve-masteries-en-US.xml.gzip (21KiB - 3668b50996fc40a0c0853fec427b5712)
eve-properties-en-US.xml.gzip (55KiB - 1f6ae9f613fd26b08d5ec206d0958d79)
eve-reprocessing-en-US.xml.gzip (114KiB - adb83f4fc55f61a58548dcb924a9

Why is running the program so difficult? Theres a whole list of steps I have to do, and substeps in the steps like choosing what I should download in visual studio. Why there just be a download link, I get the program running and thats it?

Did you mean Release EVEMon 4.0.20 ¡ peterhaneve/evemon ¡ GitHub ?

Any possibility of a dark mode?

Yes, if somebody code it. :wink:

Just note that there’s enough color points to make it a headache to make them all look good on different background.

The Eve Mon skill queue does not show skills as queued in game (blue colored). Is it just me, or does Eve Mon need an update after the new patch?