Event Feedback - XVI Anniversary Celebrations!

You are right.

Going over the logs, I missed the first day (4th May) and didn’t start claiming until 5th May in the evening GMT. What got me thinking I was on course for the big prize was the days left indicator.

• Claimed 1/16 - 16 days left, check.
  • Claimed 10/16 - 6 days left, check.
  • Claimed 15/16 - 1 day left, check.
  • Went to claim 16/16 - sorry event screen gone, event over.

Unbelievable.

Despite the fault of missing a day is rightfully mine; the feeling of disappointment is real, and I still haven’t decided what to do…

1 Like

Thank you for all the free stuff! Hope it happens again. I’ll find some creative use for all that stuff!
:tada::gift::rocket:Happy B-Day​:rocket::gift::tada:

1 Like

Just for curiosity’s sake, Solonious Rex. Did you celebrate the start of the new millennium in 2000 or 2001. You have stated before that you are not afraid to hold unpopular opinions so I bet you were the guy that was correcting everyone on new years eve 2000.:laughing::partying_face:

I’m just joking. It’s just that when I was reading about when the event ended I was reminded of the debate about when to celebrate the new millennial.

1 Like

ftfy :relaxed:

Sure.

So basically, the event was more difficult to acheive, and the reward was also greater if you completed the event.

So.

Difficult event.

Best reward for those who completed it.

Makes sense, doesnt it?

Im not saying this to put you down or anything, I missed the first of these daily login events last year and missed out on 100,000 skillpoints, which at the time was a pretty good bonus if i couldve gotten it.

It sucked to miss out on 100,000 skillpoints back then, and it sucks to miss out on the million with this event.

But what a lot of people dont seem to understand, is that this is all bonus events. CCP arent obligated to do anything on their birthday. There is nothing within the EULA or contract that states that they must do an event, and that everyone must recieve the gifts. You made it through the 15 days, and you got a lot of skillpoints and other cool things. You gotta learn to be happy with what you got, and appreciate what you received. Forget about other people. After all, there were people who im sure missed the entire event. They would prefer to get even the 100,000 skillpoints you got, than nothing at all.

Exceptions come from understanding, and identifying misunderstanding, or in this case a complete lack of forethought on the part of the event organizers. I’m not sure where on this planet 24 hrs does not constitute a “day”.

If i, or anyone, had complained a week later that i “missing it” well that’s on me.

Hey look, you said “days, daily”, not downtime reset…

2 Likes

XVI Anniversary Celebrations!

You claim to be a player dating back decades, and yet you overlooked the simple fact that all events began and end on downtime. This is your lack of forethought on the subject matter, not CCPs.

Im not sure how 11 AM UTS to 11 AM UTS the next day, does not constitute “24 hours”.

Yes. 24 hours is a day. I’m glad you figured that out.

I shall now consider you a well fed troll.

1 Like

Of course, this is your only option left. You dont want to admit you were wrong, you dont want to take responsibility. You cant counter anything ive said. So your opponent must be a troll.

The last bastion of a sad, broken man.

By the way:

This sentence structure would imply that you were sent here to troll yourself.

Come back when you actually have an argument to stand on. Otherwise, bye.

1 Like

We can make another celebration! :+1:

Celebration has fizzle as we see from comments.

EvE is like a love affair to me. I put in the effort. I logged in every day. (sometimes before downtime and sometimes after.) CCP is like the in-laws telling me I’m a no good bum that doesn’t deserve what all the other son’s in law got. 'CCP, why am I never good enough for you? I love your daughter. ’

To personal?

I don’t know where that puts Solonius. Maybe the sassy girlfriend who’s telling me to man up and don’t be such a but hurt crybaby.

Now I just watch Bachelorette with my teenage girls instead of playing EvE and I think I’m growing boobs.

1 Like

Your bot program is malfunctioning.

I put in just as much effort as anyone else and still I did not get the last reward. I logged in every day of the event. Sometimes before downtime and sometimes after. I feel I deserve the reward, CCP does not. I asked for my money back. After playing for 26 days of the subscription CCP downgraded me and halted my training queue. They said they would see what they could do about a refund. My love affair with EvE continues but we have agreed to see other people.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!

??
Mah,
who cares …

I missed a couple of days and I still managed to collect all the gifts. If you had logged in every day of the event then you would have collected all the gifts with days to spare.

Now I don’t know about this 26 day stuff. Even if you cancel your subscription, the Omega Clone status should still stay in effect until the month is done. Monthly Subscriptions are based on 30 days so if your account wasn’t Omega for 30 days then definitely file a complaint with Customer Service.

The skill training queue will revert to Alpha Clone state, if you have over 5 mill SP’s or are training an Omega skill, then the skill training will stop. Can either train Alpha skills if under 5 mill SP’s or switch to a different character on the same account.

I am telling you, I logged in every day. Sometimes before DT and sometimes after. I was not stating I collected every time. Just that I logged in every day.

Well, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t collect all the gifts each time you logged into the game. That’s actually on you since the gift page was automatically loaded over the character selection page.

1 Like