Event Feedback - XVI Anniversary Celebrations!

You broke up with a bad event, unclear rules, and stupid rewards. so you have a negative effect instead of positive. Much more attention needs to be paid to these things and should not be so badly planned and implemented as only negative effects are achieved.

1 Like

The management of this event made me realize that it was time to leave the game.
They closed the event a day earlier than had been announced (DT Time of the 19th instead of the 20th) and this without a valid motivation, and instead of apologizing and returning what they have illegally taken away from the players, they decided to tease the entire community.
They have lost the respect towards the community, believe that they can decide everything without considering the players experience.
When there is no respect for the community, it is proof that the game is dying.

2 Likes

If I ask you and someone else to bring me 100 bricks to my house, and i give you my address, and you send the 100 bricks to some other persons house halfway across town, while the other person brings the 100 bricks to the correct address, do you think I should still pay you both? you both did the same amount of effort, after all.

Doing the same amount of effort, is meaningless, if you do it wrong. I can run a marathon, but go the wrong way and end up running the same amount of distance, but in the opposite way. I wont get a medal for that.

So you ate 26/30ths of a steak, and are trying to convince the waiter that you shouldnt have to pay?

The event was good, the rewards were good, and the rules were clear.

Every year, CCP has stupid rewards for their anniversary, but this time they actually had good, useful ones. And for that, im grateful.

I know you tried to sub 100 characters to get the rewards and then failed to do so, but those of us who read the rules, and logged in, did fine.

Yes, entitled people will always cry foul when they dont get something, even when they dont deserve it.

Wrong, it was DT of the 20th. Event ended 11 AM, UTC, May 20th.

Its not Illegal. There is no legal obligation for CCP to give you gifts, if you didnt follow the rules.

They did consider the player experience. Which is why the rest of us who followed the rules got our reward.

If CCP broke their own rules and handed out the rewards to everyone, where is the respect towards those who followed the rules?

Its like, if you are running in the olympics, and this guy who used drugs, and was found out before the race, still got to compete and got 1st place, and you were 2nd, would that be fair? Where would the respect be to you, who didnt use drugs, and still came 2nd?

Why do you sometimes refer to gifts and sometimes rewards? Are those the same in your mind? Businesses like CCP make distinctions between those.
Why are you saying that those of us that logged in on the right day but the wrong part of the day are like people who cheat in sports because we find it unfair and want to voice our complaints. I have said before that I think you might be right about me/us being entitled and I’m trying to see things your way but I don’t see myself as a cheater.

1 Like

Check his posting history, it’s filled with toxic snide remarks, none of it is helpful and he definitely doesn’t contribute anything positive to this community. Best to just ignore him.

Its a little of both, really. CCP isnt obligated to give us anything. But they created an event that is set up in a way that you get rewarded with gifts for logging in.

I made that analogy more towards the fairness aspect of the event, and not cheating which is why i didnt use the word cheating, because if a race allowed its athletes to use drugs, its not cheating. But I do agree that the analogy was unfair in terms of accusing you of cheating. So I do apologize for that.

I checked his post history, he didnt say anything too snarky.

Your post makes no sense. If I tell you that something starts on day x and ends on day y, it means that day y is the last day to be able “to do something”. As they did, the last day was the previous day because by logging on the last official day: 20th - before 11:00 AM, anyway nothing could be done.
This is how things are and the CCP had to apologize for the inconvenience caused and return what was taken from the players.
In their response to my ticket they agreed to be wrong (and could not be different from that) but they did not want to take responsibility for their mistakes. They simply apologized. This way of scamming, has pushed me away from EvE and don’t think I’m the only one to have been scammed.

Yes.

If you had not redeemed anything after May 19th, 11 AM UTC, you can still redeem it on May 20th, before 11 AM UTC. Therefore, the 20th of May was the last day you could redeem anything.

No, this is how things are, and CCP apologized for the misunderstanding by the players, and did not give what the players failed to acheive.

Yes, they agreed that you made a mistake, and apologized for any misunderstanding. But they were still your misunderstanding.

When a restaurant gives out a free meal ticket card valid for only lunch for one day, and you come in for dinner and expect the free meal, they are going to say “Sorry for the misunderstanding, but this was for a free lunch, not dinner. Our lunch service ended at 3 PM.”

Now you can say “WTF YOU APOLOGIZED TO ME THOUGH, THAT MEANS ITS STILL VALID. IT SAYS FREE MEAL, IT DOESNT SAY WHEN YOUR LUNCH PERIOD ENDS, ITS 8 PM BUT I EXPECT MY FREE LUNCH!!!” But it doesnt change the fact that you failed the requirements.

Or rather, I come in to a restaurant where I have payed in advance to get the free desert they advertised they would have at the end of lunch. The clock in the dining hall and the watch on my wrist says 1 PM but they say “The clock in the kitchen shows it is 7 PM so we will not give you the free desert.”

Then I will politely ask for my money back, they will give it to me and I will be on my way.

1 Like

You didnt need to pay in advance, you couldve been alpha the entire time and got all the prizes retroactively by becoming omega on the last day.

Are you honestly saying that you were not aware that the in-game clock was different from your local time?

I am saying that the counter showed I had 1 day left after I collected my second to last gift. I logged in on the day CCP said the event would end.

1 Like

You collected your second to last gift, when the counter said you only had a day left to collect a gift.

In other words, the counter was saying it was your last day to collect your gift. You were collecting your second to last gift.

CCP isnt obligated to give us anything

well at least they could celebrate without spitting in the face of less active players and mocking them afterwards… I already was pissed by this kind of event and similar situation at new years celebration. Tho I was satisfied about the fact that GM resolved it manually - the symptoms of impending bs were there. Second time seals the deal - I already stopped prolonging my omega and just waiting for the news about lootboxes incoming or something like that. It sucks to abandon 100+mill SP character, but if i’ll feel the need to be butthurt each time I log in and insulted by devs/publisher, I’ll just play Rust. Facepunch are way better at this.

2 Likes

Not sure how they did this.

I mean, i guess you could say that if you consider all the EVE Vegas events as a spit in the face to less rich players and mocking them afterwards by handing out free gifts based on whether you went there or not, then yeah.

I dont. But if you do, then okay.

By making lengthy accumulative daily login event, where by each missing day during few weeks you are locked out out of most valuable gift available left there. In a game designed at its core not to be punishing for low activity. Also revealing rewards upfront - you wouldn’t get annoyed by the fact that you missed last day reward as much as than being shoved in your face with what you could have but will not get it, but everybody else will, for 2 weeks.

Why Vegas would have to do anything with this?

1 Like

The event was 16 days and you could miss 2 days. So you can miss a day during a week, or even a few weeks, and still make it.

Its not a punishment. Missing events and not getting the reward, is not a punishment. Anymore than not being able to log in and defend your structure, is not a punishment. Its just a fact of life and a fact of the game.

There is always a time where real life responsibilities will over-ride your gaming time. And thats good. That means you have a life, and your priorities are straight. The fact that you miss timers, the fact that you wont be able to make all events, is fine. We all have our personal lives to attend to.

But to blame CCP for the fact that you were busy in real life, how does that work? Why should they be responsible for your real life obligations?

Most game companies show you what the rewards are, unless they use a random lootbox method. And even then, they would show you what the potential rewards are.

But yes, sometimes real life prevents you from playing a video game and you miss out on events and rewards.

If you consider this event as spitting in the face of less active players, then EVE Vegas is spitting in the face of less rich players. Almost no one does, of course. Which is why i pointed it out.

So, I didn’t read the entire 465 preceding posts, but I did skim over it and agree with many of the sentiments.

There are a few good reasons why you have to log in to claim the rewards; however, I think it’s safe to say that the many cons vastly outweigh the pros. I think the best solution is to automatically grant the rewards per day, but the rewards can expire if not redeemed after a while. This is already in line with how other rewards are - many of them have one-year expirations in the redeeming queue, for example.

3 Likes