Eve's War Dec Groups and who are they

It is correct, as I read above. We had 0 structures outside of WH space, and we were war decc’d. we were not the aggressor.

Githany did ask if a war HQ can be anywhere, and the answer to that is that no, it has to be in high-sec. “War eligibility” structures can be anywhere, however.

1 Like

Githany was asking specifically about WarHQs. In order to declare war on someone the structure tied to the war HAS to be in Highsec.

Your structures weren’t WarHQs because they weren’t in Highsec. All your structures did was make you eligible for war to be declared against you.

Ok so you could be allied in a war with a Poco , which could be anywhere , supposed that’s something

How about a rule that over 5 war Dec’s every war after that mean they are auto open for allies, would that work?

What do you mean?

All receiving entities are already open to allies. You just have to hit a toggle, and then accept corporations/alliances who send ally offers.

Many give up or play on an alt Dracvlad said he asked people to open up for allies , most said not bothered or don’t want to antagonise the war decer any more.

But if it opens automatically after 5 it could get around the apathy many have to wars , and I know you will say why brother to protect people who don’t care , you have a point but just thinking about making it easier to fight and for longer .

The whole ally system is stupid and should never have been implemented. It bastardizes the original concept of wars as implemented by CCP. We have a system in which attackers must pay a fee, and that’s fine. But what can happen is that attackers pay a fee, then the defenders all switch corporations, and open their original corporation for war allies. Then the attackers end up having to fight players they never intended to fight, while the players they did intend to fight, and paid to do so, are entirely unreachable.

If wars need to be paid for, everyone should have to pay for them equally, or no one should pay at all. Even though I used the system for my personal benefit, I believe it’s a really bad system, and enabling CCP to think that it’s working by participating in it due to lack of better choice does more harm than good.

At least being war-eligible is a requirement for allies. That’s the sole saving grace to be found here.

3 Likes

Mining is going to be fine, people need those low level ores, I am wondering about the rest of the process, compressing in an Orca has already removed one requirement to have a structure. The players I am with, all were doing indy in hisec, but now not one has a structure in hisec. There is of course NPC stations.

I know you are not being rude, but that is what you blew up, what you do not see was those hisec players not logging in and not returning. You do not see the whole picture. Yes you blew up mainly nullsec players but you had wars against hisec entities that produced zero kills and there was a reason for that.

I knew several nullsec industrialists doing indy in hisec, they used out of alliance alts and indy corps with structures. At this point I would think that the only thing they do in hisec is mine the low ends, compress it and export it. So at this point you can’t touch them.

They rely heavily on bubbles and caps, most doctrines cannot spread points like hisec doctrines. They have to fight a different way.

A war HQ no, but an eligible structure can be anywhere in Eve. A War HQ has to be in hisec.

Yes you can use that to ally in on wars.

The ally system is great, I find it rather telling that Destiny hates it.

I think that assisting in wars is fairly low on what is broken. To Dracs point, I do wish that Crimewatch was equipped to allow remote assistance between parties with mutual enemies / timers.

Example:

Group A and Group B are friends. They both declare war against Group C. Group C gets in a fight with Group B and because Group A is at war with Group C as well, they can provide logi and such to their friends in Group B.

Another thing to consider is that if we have 6 wars, our enemies may not want assistance. They may not want people jumping in because they may want to attempt to log off trap or jump us themselves.

—-

So really instead of ham fisting more nonsensical rules that further confuse already confusing mechanics… why not just fix remote assistance? This way everyone has their cards out on the table with structures at risk… the difference now is that (and I’m sure what you’re searching to have happen) you can create a coalition that opposes the large groups of Highsec war dec players and shows up to big fights and timers.

Our joint fleets would be much more fun and interesting with our blues if we could provide remote assistance to each other.

2 Likes

Thanks for seeing that, it was important to defenders to be able to do combined fleets and CCP destroyed that option.

For defenders however it is a very high on the list of issues, in my view the number one issue. It is why in fact any attempt to gang up was thwarted and the possibility of fun large fights around structures stillborn, all to the detriment of the game.

Neutral RR always favored larger groups more, not only because of the N+1 consideration, but because as group size goes up, the amount of available friends/allies grows exponentially.

Neutral RR was fun to use to bait targets into taking fights that they perceived as extremely favorable, but it was a very unbalanced system.

Now, neutral boosting on the other hand, acted as a sort of equalizer between smaller and larger groups, and probably should’ve stayed in the game.

If we remove Githany and Dracvlad from this discussion, it will be more straight-forward with less exaggerated red herring inaccuracies.

1 Like

Well watching Drac lie makes me cackle :smiley:

If you have structures in HiSec, you should be wardeccable, periods. Regardless of whether the aggressor has structures.

2 Likes

If you live in HiSec, you should be wardeccable, periods. Regardless of whether you has structures.

Dracvlad quickly checks Safety. War Eligibility and finds:

Not War Eligible…

Yeah right…, practice what you preach perhaps?

Well they might not be and really need any. But their members have multiple alts structures running in various systems around highsec. They have quite a few actually.

1 Like

True, and we have knocked off the odd one or two at times. Still I always find it a tad amusing that an entity that claims all of hisec has no structures to lord it over others with. Can you imagine the Satey. Keepstar in Uedama, what a horrible thought that. But that is saying I am here and I have control of this space.

Tora used to talk about putting up a Keepstar in hisec, would have been good to see actually.

You know war immunity corps are making the game stagnant right? These alliances and corps allow nullblocs, wormhole groups and lowsec groups to move materials with impunity, thus allowing for such massive build ups that caused scarcity in the first place.

Whining about wardecs isn’t the problem, it’s about the sandbox, and what’s good for the sandbox, not for the individual.

1 Like

Yep. And I am afraid my alts are making use of it as well.

To be honest, I think war immune corporations should get a baseline non-zero NPC tax on top of their corporation tax.

Players would have to choose between evasion and evasion. You should not be able to have both.

Today most of high sec is both tax- and war-immune.

Adding additional financial benefit to taking the risk of being in a war-eligible corporation may shake up high sec a bit more.