Eve's War Dec Groups and who are they

Nah bro, it’s just going to make all the well-adjusted non-sociopaths leave the game because they don’t want to be griefed while playing a PvP MMO.

The amusing part of this is that CCP saw that blanket war decs in the desperate search for targets was impacting player retention so they reacted to it and made having structures a requirement to having war waged against you. Now that would have been fine apart from additional changes and an existing issue, which was the reduced benefit of hisec indy structures compared to other areas.

Widening out vulnerability and changing the status of structures, allowing them to go low power and lose asset safety all added to this, reducing the value of using structures.

Then came quantum cores, which was added due to the fact that nullsec were not shooting structures, which made ownership of structures in hisec even more of a dumb decision.

At this point it is all risk and no benefit to have a structure in hisec, why would you even do it.

So the pool of available hisec targets is shrinking.

To add a tax based on not having a structure is simply nonsensical, a complete red herring, there is limited benefit and only downside to having a structure in hisec, and that is where we are.

But don’t worry, you can pick off nullsec people moving around hisec, so all is fine.

In one sentence you’re saying that there is only downsides to having a structure, while also saying that increasing tax based on not having a structure is nonsensical.

If war-immune corporations would have a baseline NPC tax in addition to their own tax, wouldn’t that be an upside to having a structure?

You’re contradicting yourself.

No contradiction because you are comparing apples to pears. The war eligibility is based on having a structure, there are reasons to have a structure and for many professions there are no reasons to have a structure. There is no contradiction at all in what I said, but there is in what you said. I repeat, what you are suggesting is nonsensical.

What you are suggesting is all stick.

You will put up a structure so you can be war decced and you will be happy about it…

Well no, that is not how things work.

The trick isn’t to punish corporations/alliances for not owning structures in high-sec, but to reward them for owning them instead. That’s why instead of implementing a no-structure tax, they should instead apply an income multiplier to the high-sec activities of all high-sec corporations/alliances that own structures. Something like a blanket 1.25x to all bounties/LP earned, and mining yields. They don’t even need to do much work, since the code base is already implemented into the game in the form of system effect boosts.

1 Like

You can repeat yourself, but that doesn’t make what I said nonsensical.

But indeed, what I suggested is all stick. I’d like to use sticks to help people in high sec find a better home rather than a newbie-spamming tax-evasion corporation.

You may be right. While the end result is the same (people with structure get an extra benefit over people without structure) I guess some people don’t see it that way and complain about ‘all stick’ when taxes apply to one group instead of benefits to the other group.

Well it is nonsense. And why is your disquiet of people joining what you see as the wrong type of entity anything to do with this at all.

The thing is that the way CCP did this is wrong right from the start. I suggested that all entities are only allowed to have 4 concurrent war decs at the same time including those in cool down. If they wanted to have more than 4 then they had to have a war HQ and their wars would be tied to that structure, this would allow a lower level of more fun war decs and affect only blanket war deccers.

No need to do what you suggested at all.

My suggestion wasn’t really intended to fix everything with war decs, the effect an NPC tax on war-immune corporations has on the amount of war-eligible players would merely be a positive side effect.

The suggestion of an NPC tax for war-immune corporations is something I had in mind for a longer time and the change would mainly be aimed at making it take more effort for players to create a better corporation than the NPC corporations.

Corporation owners should put in a bare minimum of effort to offer a better corporation than NPC corporations to new players, whether that is through a social group, activities or anything else.

Right now that isn’t the case: anyone can make a corporation, put the tax to lower than that of the NPC corporations and it is a compelling competitive alternative to the starting NPC corporations.

With an NPC tax for war-immune corporations players players would have to bring something better to the table to draw in new players than ‘tax haven’, for example a fun social group or events. Tax haven corporations could still exist though, just not war-immune and therefore require some social group or friends to set up a defence when structures are under attack.

In short, adding an NPC tax to war-immune corporations will encourage groups to either be more social to provide something better to new players than an NPC corporation, or encourage groups to be more social to have a group that can defend structures.

1 Like

Are you involved in Alliance or corp recruitment?
Are you a bloc level FC and need cannon fodder to be able to enjoy your content?
Are you a war deccer?

It appears to me that you have a dislike for certain hisec entities so you want to make changes to disrupt their activities within the mechanism and in doing so disrupt the play of others that have nothing to do with them or have decided that there is too much risk, cost and effort to have a structure to do indy and have given up on it and are doing it in NPC stations a lot less efficiently.

It is a stick, that seems to want to hit everyone just because you don’t like those entities. While I understand you not liking these groups, it gets a bit meh to keep asking for penalties and extra tax all the time because of it.

I dislike corporations that draw new players but offer them nothing but a lower tax than NPC corporations.

I don’t see why it should be so easy to create a trash-tier corporation that is better than NPC corporations, especially when good social corporations can improve player retention a lot.

3 Likes

You are a member of Brave, you alliance has a vested interest in dismantling these alliances and corporations that you dislike. I am not saying that you are incorrect to feel like you do about them and the damage they do, but then again it takes two to tango as in the player who joins them and them. You have to make your alliance more attractive to those players, not rely on punitive mechanic changes that damage so many others, and those players have to see that they will be better off with your alliance.

I have noticed some large alliances setting up dedicated hisec alliances that operate the same way as these corps / alliances that you dislike. That is good in my opinion.

At the end of the day, untargeted blanket war decs killed war decs in hisec. The blame is more with those type of war deccers then anyone else.

I’m not only a member of Brave, I’m also a player of EVE with a vested interest in having a healthy playerbase in this game as the game is rather boring without other players.

Therefore I would like to see trash-tier tax-haven corporations that are counterproductive to new player retention gone.

So does my alliance and I’m making use of it with my high sec alts to have a war-immune corporation.

In fact I’m acting against my own self-interest if I ask for NPC tax for these corporations as that means increased taxes for my market alt.

But I prefer a healthier game over some tax-evasion, to be honest. An an additional NPC tax to war-immune corporations would accomplish that.

So you need to use game mechanics to force them out of the corps you have decided are trash tier? Game mechanics that if implemented would impact many more people in an area of the game (hisec) that is not exactly great for ISK generation.

My view is that what you are asking for is actually going to make the game less healthy at least in my opinion.

And being war immune is actually because war decs turned out to be in the main garbage tier gameplay for most hisec players and is carried out in the main by turkey shoot kill farmers. And people treated it accordingly, they avoid, so you want to add tax because people don’t want to expose themselves to this type of garbage?

Because of what war decs turned into I think using war decs and tax on those that do not own structures to attack these corps and alliances is very wrong headed indeed.

I’m just glad that Dracvlad isn’t a dev, and nobody needs to convince him of anything, or waste any time refuting anything he claims.

4 Likes

Are you / your corp still fighting in Hisec? Wardecs n stuff?

No, BLACKFLAG. realized that what they were doing was very upsetting to the high-sec player base that just wanted to do PvE in peace, and that it was really hurting player retention, so they stopped, and went out into null-sec to become TAPI allies and hang out and run fleets where the REAL PvPers play the game.

God Emperor Kane from Blackflag contacted me yesterday and made me feel bad for siding against TTC on the weekend.

Why what happen at the weekend to the TTC

Nothing…

A few pesky Azbel/Fortizar market hubs sprang up around jita and Amarr and TTC had them removed.

So you had Goons, Frat, Test, PH, us and some others popping them. We are at war with most of them but when the TTC fleets are running, the only target is the structure.

1 Like

LOL. Imagine that.