Excuse me, Project Discovery, What?

Do I just completely misunderstand Project Discovery and have been getting lucky 99% consistently, or is this particular one flawed?

I have never seen the correct answer be a border directly through the middle of the primary cluster.

Also, apologies if I’m in the wrong area for the post…I scouted around for a more suitable location, but didn’t find anything. It’s my first time posting.

4 Likes

Most of the multiple-cluster-dividing answers don’t make a lick of sense to me. I just took pics with my phone to have the answers they suggest and went with them since the clusters repeat themselves over and over with 10 to 15 cluster intervals.
I really hope they’re not using this minigame’s results for the real COVID research or we’re all f@cked.

3 Likes

It was the only cluster…everything below this screenshot was just that random spread. I tried to go back and get a full snap, but it had moved on to the list of rewards.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you. Find a scheme to get them right and get your isk.
I didn’t do P.D for that long. I don’t want my mind reduced to mush as a result. I can’t imagine how anyone would want to do that crap for more than three days in a row. Gotta really be hurting for isk.
I don’t buy for a second that it helps anyone on anything related to the pandemic.

I’ve seen some weird ones to the point I stopped bothering, if it’s that silly I’m not going to waste my time on it.

2 Likes

10mil on bad day, 20+ on a good day.

Takes maybe 20-25 minutes.

Safest way to make isk in the game.

ps- I agree it doesn’t do anything outside the game.

1 Like

Looks like there was only 1 large cluster and you you tried to split it into 2 parts.

Looks like there was only 1 large cluster and you you tried to split it into 2 parts.

No, I did just the opposite and it told me I SHOULD have split it into two parts.

4 Likes

I find the risk free hundred billion ISK I’ve pulled in so far helps alleviate any downside of spending an hour or two a day listening to podcasts while mindlessly drawing shapes.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Every now and again I run into a Project Discovery round that throws me for a loop because it seems to be one big cluster, or it seems to ignore a portion of the pixels on grid. I suspect it’s a glitch.

For the most part, I get “Submitted” as my result, rather than a percentage, but I’ve maintained “99% accuracy.” It’s a fun little moneymaker I can do when I’m mining, or docked up waiting for hostiles to leave my system. It’s not terribly entertaining nor the greatest way to make ISK, but it’s certainly more profitable than ship spinning.

Removed some off-topic posts…

1.Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

Trolling
Flaming
Ranting
Personal Attacks
Harassment
Doxxing
Racism & Discrimination
Hate Speech
Sexism
Spamming
Bumping
Off-Topic Posting
Pyramid Quoting
Rumor Mongering
New Player Bashing
Impersonation
Advertising
1 Like

I tried to do the project discovery thing but I kept thinking about the fun I was missing not using my ships so I only spent a half hour on it. That and the fact that I don’t understand how to do it properly. My results are all wrong most of the time so I give up on it. It reminds me too much of how I’m not that smart all.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.