Faction Warfare in 2021

Lol… I said no backing out

1 Like

It is the same post, I was making sure it’s a reply. And read the first paragraph to get the idea of your words’ weight

Ok so A or B ?

1 Like

I’ll let you stare at it for 5 minutes, then I’m gonna delete it back so it wouldn’t be a doublepost

Ok I got it. Its both A and B.

Now back to a meaningful discussion with actual professionals

1 Like

Yep, a professinal demagogue - that you are. Pretending not to hear anything, expecting people to fall for your wild assumptions. Why did I even bother?

1 Like

Perhaps you felt threatened by me exposing your lack of knowledge publicly and somehow felt forced to defend yourself. I shouldnt have made your faulty argumentation so obvious and pointed it out in such a manner. I should have remembered that I too was a newbro one day just like you :slight_smile: . Just keep trying and you will get the experience ! Sorry Sorry :slight_smile: I can show you some dscan tricks some time if you like

1 Like

:yawning_face:Yea, yea, keep talking

1 Like

Ok what do you want me to talk about.

I can tell you more about FW if you like :slight_smile:

1 Like

right. So after the “Muh Killboard” circle jerk. Can we get back on topic ?

Thanks for all your great input & time, BUMP!

1 Like

needs another bump. this needs some consideration

1 Like

I like this idea, but i think you could take this up more, make it work more like the ESS dose things. With a large warp bubble spaning not only within the bounds of the plex, but say 50km out (form the edge of the plex) this then prevents ANY combatant (farming alt, bot, fw pilot, or general pvper) form just warping out if they don’t like what they see. This bubble would be removed once the plex has been caped to allow the ship to leave, but this i think would solve a lot pf problems with farming alts / bots (or at best make it not as worth while to do so)

A disruption bubble would be better than rats with tackle mods, I think. Only it shouldn’t affect mwds unlike the ESS one. Otherwise the warzone becomes “Sansha Hulls Online”. But then again, if it doesn’t affect mwds and mjds, then it might become “Command Dessies Online”.
So, a balanced thing would probably be a disruption bubble (only preventing warp) positioned directly at the capture beacon and having the exact same sig radius. That way it would prevent non-pvp-commtited plexing but still allow long range shenanigans inside the plex.

4 Likes

Faction warfare is great.

I have been back in it again for the last couple weeks because it has progressed far enough that I had to stop what else I was doing to see to it personally.

Our group of 140 dudes has gotten over 670 kills this week. I got 100 kills in under a week last week (and only 5 of them were bots btw). There have been tooth and nail battle for system after system in the warzone for a while now. The more people stop saying it is dead, and instead pick some turf and start holding it and taking others the better it can be.

The improvements to FW in the last year or two have made the actual mechanics of plexfighting far better than even back in the golden days of 2012-2015 FW. We have even seen fleets of 15 or more again several days in a row fighting over the key systems under contention.

Also I made over a million and a half LP in days during this time. This is about 1.5 to 2 billion isk worth of LP, and this has been while in T1.

force fights into the larger complexes

You don’t need to force fights into larger plexes. They do it anyway.

And just to be fair:

Faction Warfare Intel Map: https://www.aideron.org/map

You do have some good points, and some great ideas. One thing I like to champion is buff system bonuses but have them only applied to structures owned by corporations within the militia. I also want “campaigns” that focus the effort on specific systems/constellations where activity during that time comes with bonus LP and limited access rewards like medals and clothing based on who wins any given contest (Yes I did play Ingress and go to an event or two, why do you ask?)

3 Likes

That’s how they currently work if I’m not mistaken - I don’t do industry very much. But yea, the bonuses (or is it “boni” lol?) gotta be greater, and the system upgrade level should be somehow tanked from rapid plexing.

That’s an interesting idea, indeed. But it’s kinda hard to sensibly implement - it’s either gonna be completely random stuff distracting people from actual players-driven effort or an entire team of devs tracking the events of warzone and adjusting these campaigns accordingly. Given the level of attention FW genereally gets by the devs, the latter is wishful thinking to say the least.
What we do need is a solid victory condition reward. Regular warzone control medal is certainly nice, but it kinda loses value when everyone is wearing 10 of those. So maybe some exclusive LP store items available as long as a faction holds full warzone control would be better. Like faction citadel blueprints, unique skins and apparel, maybe some high-grade implants at a decreased price and so on.
P.S.
Actually, your ‘campaigns’ idea makes more sense from this perspective. And it could be a fully automated thing. And it could potentially expand the lore too.
For example, as long as Minmatar hold the entire Semou constellation (or maybe the entire FW part of Devoid region) they get access to Starkmanir skins in the LP store. Of course the amarr get their ‘Holy Arzad Divine Pride smth’ counterpart in the opposite situation)

Savros, I appreciate all the promotion and fighting you do for FW changes. I agree with almost all of your proposals.

I really don’t understand why you are an advocate for the above quote. I don’t think that this will significantly affect farmer gameplay. To me, it seems logical they will just kill the rat as they already do, and the duration of a point will be brief. Also, this imo negativity affects PvP gameplay because it gives a strong defender advantage, especially if there is already a defender inside the Plex, and may lead to gameplay where 2v1s or greater are the only option for attackers.

In addition, I think a Frontline mechanic will essentially ‘solve’ the farmer issue without other changes, as a high concentration of pvpers already runs out farmers. We can see in the systems of Tama and Amamake.

Care to give more elaboration on why you continue to support this change?

2 Likes

So the idea for having the rat warp disrupt is to add a level of risk when plexing. FW Plexing is the only true consensual PVP in the game, you can see (Most of the time) what is outside, and what is in. So you can bail if you dont like the fight. I get that, it should be an option. But if you are taking a hostile plex, the addition of the disruption adds risk. So long as that rat is alive, you are in danger, especially if you dont want to take a fight. You are right, it does give you a little of a defenders advantage. but im ok with that, it opens up the thought process. you may not want to enter knowing they may have a point in there.

I think my version of the frontline system solves alot of problems. it provides locations for the most of the content to settle because you have incentivized LP there. Plus it stops back capping. Heck i would be 100% for reducing all plex LP rewards except for those in frontline systems. that would really drive the fights there.

In the end though the biggest take away from my post should be that these were changes that shouldnt require a huge amount of development. We cant force CCP to do the work on it, so maybe they can just put a little work, change some numbers, and make FW better.

The problem with this idea (and warp disruption npcs) is that most of the fw fights are consensual. The gate gives you the time to consider if you want to take the fight or not, disrupts blobing by making reinforcements take longer and changes the balance in favour of ab ships.

I believe that making the defender unable to run away will stop them from being there in the first place, unless they are solely wishing to run the plex, in which case they will not be wishing to fight and will always try to run.

I would be way more in favour of a front line mechanic that focuses the forces into a smaller number of systems. But not too small!

2 Likes

Frontline system will NOT solve any farming… look at it now gallente down to 9 systems and all the farmers still come… best thing about FW was solo and small gang and each Corp can hold a small region. A frontline would force folks to concentrate and dry out the majority of the war zone. People who want this system are doing it to fuel their own agendas and they sit in corps and alliance that want to fuel their own content.

Move gate activation back to 10km and make rats warp dis and scramble. No where in FW consensual pvp should be guaranteed. U signed for for PVP deal with it. Hell even the belt rats in low sec warp dis erupt sometimes scramble are all these “pvpers” so scared of a little risk? Lol