February 2018 Release - Known Issues Reporting

This might be a corrupted or somehow old cache. Can you try following the instructions here to clear your cache files from the in-game menu (assuming you can see the ESC menu) and let me know if that fixes it? https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203613081-Clearing-client-settings-and-the-client-side-cache-data

I have now tried clearing my cache and clearing my settings, as per that KB article.

Now instead of getting a login screen on launch, I just get a black screen entirely. I can see no UI. Hittings escape doesn’t even bring up settings.

OK, next step. Check this article out and use the info in it to “verify integrity of downloaded files”, and let me know if that fixes it.

That was actually the very very very first thing I tried. I get a frequent bug with the launcher, every 1-2 days (and have been for about 2 months now) in which the launcher is unable to launch characters and I have to delete the TQ folder in the Shared Cache folder and then do a Verify to get the launcher to fix itself in order to launch the game. That was the FIRST thing I tried this morning before I submitted a big report.

Am also talking to CCP_the_funk on Reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/7x8ybh/black_screen/?st=jdlslm69&sh=361c538c

And he recommended I attach a log using LogLite, which I’ve now added to the ticket.

Excellent! That’s exactly what I was going to request next! We’ll take a look.

Dominix Navy Issue Spirit SKIN (Permanent) is not a SKIN license.

Fixed.

proteus spirit skin drops drom site but is not on published on market and is not in the list of proteus skins.

FYI - After trying a few more things CCP The Funk told me to try, I eventually resorted to nuking my client, wiping every CCP file or folder I could find from my computer and reinstalling. That fixed it. Everything runs properly now.

Have already submitted but report but will add that having a sound bug currently when near citadels or many other ships of having 0 sound at all.

This was a bug during the test server that I mentioned to several CSM/ISD/CCP members but seemed not resolved.

I have multiple reports even in the help channel that people were also experiencing this bug.

ESSs still don’t have anything in their info page. It’s been 4 months and someone answered the report so I know you know.

1 Like

There is also an issue since the January release: The Inventory window opens randomly in citadels without pressing the respective hotkey.

I’m also getting this problem. It’s infrequent, but very disconcerting. Also, it doesn’t just cut out the in-game sound, but it appears to be taking down the entire audio device for the duration of the problem - sounds from other sources (such as music or video player) are also silenced.

4 Likes

I understand the CCPs motivation for moving the escalations to the Agency thingy. So for quick access I have added the Agency to the Neocom bar. Can we please have a setting to disable blink on the Agency button. (Not sure what triggers it all the time, anomalies changing?)

Some times Gala npc’s will warp off to a ping spot but never warp back.
I think this happens if one of these two criteria are met
npc is at ping spot when the site boss is killed
npc has warp drive active to ping spot when site boss is killed
its a bit annoying when they sit 500km out and you can’t warp to them, 'cos deadspace …

I have had this bug as well

1 Like

The citadel icon is not showing on the probe map. If I toggle the marker to display citadel I see a flash on the map, but the actual icon is not there.

Anyone else getting the same result?

The hideous graphics disconnect between ship and background (particularly when docked in hangar) that came in with the June 2017 update is still not fixed.

Can you please fix the overview settings so that the option to apply appearance attributes to ships and drones when checked works after this patch. My overview has the background colouring applying to structures despite the checked option for ships/drones only

After the Feb update, I get weird audio artifacts when sitting in space and zooming out to maximum zoom. It makes a cracking/popping sound. Reproduced so far on win7 64bit realtek audio driver 6.0.1.6050. Will test on Linux when I get a chance…

Edit: On Ubuntu 16.04 64bit on the same hardware, enabling audio crashes the game. Might have existed before the upgrade as I had sound turned off in Linux.

I’m getting the sound problem where all sound both in and out of game is lost, and I’ve noticed structures disappearing from the overview. Once it was just fortizars, another time it was all structures.