February 2020 Release - General Feedback

please tell me how it was hypocritical then.

You asked how mining proliferation caused stagnation while complaining about how stagnant capital warfare is (hint: it was caused by mining proliferation). No one wants to escalate with capitals since faxes are so prevalent and broken and dreads are so cheap (again, caused by mining proliferation).

I said how capital warfare is now going to be stagnant. I have been watching caps die left and right for the past few weeks and now no one (except the large alliances) is going to drop a cap fleet cause its not worth the time or effort anymore. But I do thank you for make my point known that you didnt actually read the post you just want to start a fight on the internet.

And yet up until today capital ships where ding by the hundreds, now we rely on our subcap fleets to win wars now. GG eve

Is the UI/UX team (or are the UI/UX teams) familiar with the work of Edward Tufte? It’s great stuff.

One of the things I always appreciated about EVE was that the designers appreciated the value of irreducibly dense, textual presentations of data. It seems we’re getting away from that more and more, and shifting toward graphical clutter that makes the UI less scalable, less sortable, less relevant, less informative, less usable.

Of course, the new inventory notifications are what prompted me to raise this issue today. This is nothing so much as a port of one of the worst aspects and worst systems in iOS design. Its function not to inform or assist, but to beat the user up and rifle through their pockets for precious, unmonetized attention. The red dots themselves are garish and out of place. The NEOCOM fly-outs are so intrusive and disruptive that I tried to remove Inventory from my NEOCOM altogether, but found I could not.

If you still think this system is a positive addition, I’d invite you to buy order a couple dozen types of salvage with a 1-jump range out of Perimeter, then wait. Your mind will touch the void.

Moving forward, please consider how best to bring considerate, gentle, empathetic, and above all relevant and informative design to EVE’s UI/UX.

Thank you for your efforts and for bearing with us on what must’ve been an uncomfortable day!

13 Likes

It’s actually been stagnant for the last 3 years if you haven’t been paying attention.

…yeah, because people got bored enough to start a content campaign… due to the stagnation…

[Citation needed]

53 Caps have died today alone. Home | zKillboard

I have been paying attention thats why I know its not stagnant.

I can tell you we were far from bored when we started this war.

But I guess if HS trash wants to side with CCP cause they cant even fly caps, thats fine with me.

As I already said - anything but “ my way to play is the only way !!!1 ” - simples…

I do not complain about this change because of lost m3/hour for i dont mine for profit, just for the sake of doing something else from time to time, this change even profits me: my stash of minerals will become much more expensive.
I complain because of ccp´s approach to the problem: they could easily nerf/change rorqs back to boosting ships, but they(for some diabolic reason) nerfed ores by about 90%. Now even t1 mining barges won´t mine much since this 90% nerf applies to every single mining ship. Their next step will be killing moon mining for minerals and at some point afterwards re-distribution will happen. Now lets concider that ccp hates sov null, because they do. How do you think ores will be re-distributed? Something tells me that quiet a good chunk will end up in high-sec, the area that have not been in need of any buff during last years, yet still it got buffed again and again.
That´s what i have a problem with: instead of fixing their own fault(ccp changed rorqual, not eve players), ccp decided to make it worse by making rorquals mostly useless, and putting nullsec industrial base under a pressure.
Do you expect nullsexcto wage any huge wars untill some great changes in future? I don´t.

So you just basicly said “you guys suck” without giving a single argument. That´s some great posting right there

Please add back the “quick search” function in the Hypernet “History” tab. You now have to click twice, type your item in, wait for the search function to find your item, then manually select your item. Before you could click once into the textbox, type your item in, and it would automatically display the item. This new method takes much longer and involves more mouse clicks, increasing the tedium for those of us managing many offers.

Also, while I’m here: Please add “synchronize all” and “claim all” buttons so we don’t have to manually synchronize and claim each item, which can also be quite tedious with a large number of offers.

1 Like

Your posts are the argument in a nutshell.

CCP…

The new Inventory, what that? remove it now, no one wants this. I feel like I’ve gone back to the tutorial.

There is no way that a system can be implemented by just 1 person and there is also no way that more than 1 person at CCP thinks this was a good idea so we need to ask, how did this get into the game?

8 Likes

This patch introduced so many bugs, nuisance and unwanted features that I feel tempted to suggest a rollback. So I’ll do it: @CCP_Lebowski rollback. :neutral_face:

7 Likes

People told you guys how stupid this red dot + sound thing was on SiSi. Big surprise, it went live anyway.

10 Likes

3 Likes

Help us, CCP Karkur, you’re our only hope.

5 Likes

How do you miss that the response perfectly answers your question? If it were a known bug, it would be (by now at least) listed on the linked ‘known issues’ page, and as the patch notes (also linked) explicitly mention a reduction, it sounds like it is working as intended to me.

Well that’s easy, read this:

Moon Mineral Distribution | EVE Online

Heh, believe it or not, CCP are not out to get you… even though you (obviously) are that important :expressionless:

OMG you’re not seriously this dense?

Even though this is a game, engaging the thinking parts of your brain is still sometimes required people.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

for the love of all things evil give us a way to turn that new items notice off i don’t want to know every time ore pops into a hold

6 Likes