Foundation – New Quadrant starts soon!

deep breath BWHAHAHAHA

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I haven’t been this excited since you renamed resists modules…

2 Likes

list of things that I feel would make for great additions:

Lore library in game that you could fly to and read/study on the different nations and cultures.

Bring back lore, and hold more in-game lore related mission lines.

Make Lvl 2/3 missions more accessible to starting players so they don’t get burnt out on lvl 1 missions without even knowing to train social skills to get missions.

Give starting players more advice and tutorial tools with videos. There’s no reason that players shouldn’t at least understand how range works for each weapon type, and how tracking works, and have a good grasp on damage types. It would be simplistic to have CSM/Eve players submit tutorial videos for a contest, and give out rewards for chosen content and add it to EVE.

A huge one is STOP SPAM CORPS FROM DESTROYING NEWPLAYER EXPERIENCE. Apparently we have people spam mailing new players every day with crap corp advertisements, claiming they are good and have ppl to help/train when i found (with a new account) that none of that is true and CCP needs to address this right away. Players shouldn’t be hitting spam/scam/■■■■ corp mail until they at least know how to play., because if they don’t get the basics, and have a really bad starting experience, they are not going to come back and they will make sure their friends don’t either.

Unpopular opinion: join a big nullblock with one of your characters and learn how to play → THEN make another character on the same account that does what you’re more interested in.

2 Likes

It’s not as simple as you may think, but it is a good idea.

Perhaps what CCP could do is, build a web site / portal that has an assortment of topics, perhaps something that mirrors the market interface tree, arguably the most important interface in the game. Players could submit links to training content, be it youtube vids, twitch vids, google docs, images etc.

Other players could up/down vote the content. CCP will of course need to moderate, though players can help in that regard, with the ability to flag posted content (links).

That’s not a trickle. That’s standing water. Before the map needs expansion, you need numbers like FRT’s posting, in every region.

I think a far more productive change would’ve been ‘We’re going to do literally anything for all the players who heard ‘you can choose a side’ and didn’t choose the side that’s slaughtering whole star systems’ worth of planetary biospheres just because they could get cool ships’.

I get that they’re trying the path of least effort by giving the EDENCOM guys access to Pochven, but giving both sides the same reward kinda makes the whole idea of choosing a side pointless.

7 Likes

Artificial wars yield artificial results.

True, but everything in EVE is artificial, even space. :wink:

Give people points to find differences on, and let them fight, but reward both sides, not just one. And make the rewards distinct enough for the choice to have meaning.

2 Likes

Who is the Caldari figure?

1 Like

To be fair, Edencom gave you DeD LP for running Triglavian sites that you could use to buy delicious, delicious pyrolancea boosters. I was actually hoping for a Triglavian reinvasion for more of that.

Also, I seem to remember getting a hat.

As someone who is still doing the standings grind I definitely see the point here - that said I wish there was also more lore related content in the zone even if it does not directly translate into standings gain.

Those preferring to operate in vibrantly bustling environments are hardly ever too far from having their needs met. However, wider choice of settings would provide for richer experience thus better catering to widely diverse playerbase, especially if achieved via introduction of interesting new mechanics rather than mere map expansion.

Except, you know, in the majority of nullsec. Expanding the map won’t give a ‘wider choice of settings’, either, because just expanding the map will give more of the same. Setting up stable gates in j-space renders Anoikis, too, just more of the same.

Let’s actually use the space we have before we go thinning the player base out even more. Expanding sprawl is never an effective way to retain population—it just leads to diminishing in social ties, which, for an MMO, means it’s easier for people to just not care and stop playing.

Team A: You guys get exclusive access to new space, new content, new materials!
Team B: You get to lose shipping lanes, mission hubs, PI colonies, and everything else that was in those systems! But here! Buy some boosters nobody really cares about! YAY! And, you know, maybe if enough people complain, we’ll grudgingly give you access to the other stuff after a couple of months.

2 Likes

Actually, who are all of them. :thinking:

Gallente - President Celes Aguard
Amarr - Her Most Sublime and Imperial Majesty Catiz I
Minmatar - Sanmatar Maleatu Shakor
Caldari - Generic grumpy guy

3 Likes

Could that not be Tibus Heth then?

Heth has white Hair

https://evewho.com/character/1655768904

1 Like

Will there be a new launcher that runs on Linux wine?? And will you fix the Steam launcher?

1 Like

Are those waters really that still? (but the Jove regions in the NE)

Yes. That’s the lovely bit about relative graphics: when everywhere goes down, the smaller places look larger than they are.

2 Likes