Foundation – New Quadrant starts soon!

As someone who was new in 2009/2010ish and stopped playing in ~2011 but has recently returned, I am happy to remove the rose off of lenses.

Monoclegate, pay-per-API-use, release of Incarna/“walking in stations” which effectively ignored continuous community pleas around ship balance and weapon system balance (which was horrendous – but hey, we get a Noctis!), tiericide was not a thing, learning skills were a painful thing, the scanning hacking minigame was not a thing, managing clone tiers so as to not lose SP (which you couldn’t re-buy) upon podding was a thing, Drake blobs was in vogue in null, Hurricanes were the disproportionately powerful solo/small gang battlecruiser, the simple “comparison tool” was not a thing, that’s just off the top of my head.

On the whole the game is a lot more enjoyable to play now, but I do still have fond memories of a decade ago., like wearing my brown pants and blockade running through Amamake :slight_smile:

Niarja is gone, but maybe there will be a new shortcut gate from Jita to Amarr.

I can dream.

4 Likes

There´s APPARENTLY no stick on this one… but I´ll remain cautious.

No signs of a carrot either… Dude I could use some carrot after this so much stick.

1 Like

So how about some reviews that aren’t over 3 years old. Bet the results would be very different now.
Player retention - still low.
Clear lines of advancement - still ■■■■ with more and more complexity added every few months.
Developers out of touch with regular players - nothing new here.

Overall review (after 17 years of playing), Eve had the potential to be a great game but due to poor development over many years is now settling for “meh, it’ll do”

I vote for a Madirmilire to Kaaputenen gate, for one.

1 Like

I wish the 4 main factions/space was more divided.
Why is there Caldari/Minm/Amarr stations in Gallente space?
Why can you as a Gallente pilot, fly into Caldari space?
Why does Caldari ships have Gallente guns/drones bonus? etc. etc…

Yes, like that. Not really bustling but quite a steady trickle of sorts. Plus exploration which is not covered in the stats while significantly more of it can be observed being done vs. mining. And we are looking into the quietest regions here.

P.S. on the theoretical possibility to stabilize WH:

*humanity is so polarized

I use periods in my texts. But I mostly text my wife, my mom, my sister, and my mother-in-law, so I think I’m safe from the above judgment. And I don’t tweet, I just lurk on twitter. Same on reddit.

I haven’t put a nose on smilies since the 1990s, but it was QUITE common back then. I don’t feel like clicking the link to that guardian article right now, but I’m curious to know the age of the author, because… it’s like they weren’t even there for the internet in the 90s.

Don’t get me started on how to pronounce .gif. (“Choosy developers choose .GIF!”)

No kidding it was. see my previous post in this thread for my full agreement and workaround solution. :wink:

Not really that big a deal in the greater scheme of things and in the convo you 3 (and maybe others) are having in here, but… can’t help but chime in since I have 3 mains on 3 accounts, all 3 gallente ladies.

My other 6 toons are a mix of dudes and chicks.

Anyway, I too am a dude playing a lady character, and in fleets with people I know, most people say he, ofc, because they’ve heard me on comms, like you guys were mentioning…

but if someone says “her” about me in say an in-game channel, that’s cool. They might be a heavy RPer, they might want to stay in character in-game and all that. Hell, if I’m talking about a specific one of my mains in a channel in game, even in a fleetchat with people who hear me on comms, I’ll say her, because the toon is a her. I think that’s kinda what the person you guys are talking to was trying to say for why he (or she) said “her” about you, Arrendis. :wink:

And incidentally, I have a goon friend who told me you were a dude when I said “her” one time referring to liking yer posts on this here forum a year or two ago, and now I say he. So I didn’t find out from a youtube/twitch show, I found out from word of mouth in-game. Gotta love all the myriad ways of intel gathering in this game, dayum.

new Jita 4-4 interior hangar sounds awesome.

Now how about Amarr?

… yeah, that’s what I thought. CCP, just go ahead and put Amarr in Pochven, why don’tcha.

(srsly, all 4 empire station interiors getting some special love here and there, not just 4-4, would be nice)

2 Likes

All the structures that were added to game recently recycle caldari interior, just with those uglier textures. Not cool since beginning.

Refineries should look like refinery,

Manufacturing complexes like manufacturing complex,

Citadels should look like office space.

7 Likes

I predict you may be required to defend your Solitude.

well if everything get’s nerfed then that’s balanced

Its an interchange format, but is it a good interchange format, or simply great?

You forgot to mention is was in small, mostly windowless rooms with tiled walls and abundant supply of running water that we would indulge in said childish folly :wink:

Sounds like youre more frustated with not having money then with eve online.

But have you seen recent battleship prices? I think one can be frustrated with game and lack of ISK at the same time.

There were more small groups who did their own thing.

N+1 really became a thing around 2010 and beyond, more so than before. mostly due to jump gates and more jump drive capable ships being in the game. More groups working together means more control over space but also means way more empty space as no mans land.

Well. Seems I missed a whole heap of forum drama from the usual suspect. The stuff where folks are saying that people are ‘shilling’ because they disagree with you, and whatever that argument about how people talk to their friends was… Blimey.

Anyhoo. Quadrant sounds exciting - new gameplay in Empire space, seems potentially a new resource wars type game from what’s come out of hoboleaks. Potential for messing with a load more stuff, and even faction warfare becoming relevant again. And reserve bank keys, woohoo! Lots of content incoming. And cloaky camping nerf bat incoming soon™, thanks for stealthing (arf) that one Brisc.

I’m impressed with the look of Jita 4-4.

Foundation will also bring updates to the Pochven region of Triglavian Collective-controlled space starting with improving the accessibility

Of all the things that need to change in pochven this isn’t one of them.

The more accessible Pochven becomes;

1. The more the effort spent by those who went out of their way to get standings is Diminished
  2. The more Pochven becomes an omnipresent region of Nullsec hovering highsec that is made irrelevant by highsec itself.
  3. The more those who inhabit Pochven feel the actual issues within the region are being sidelined

The worst two:
The NPCs going rogue and attacking players with positive standings unprovoked and then proceeding to kill each other. You can’t rid yourself of the scrams and warp off without a hefty standings hit.

The Flashpoints and World ark sites need the same treatment as the Incursions for the same reasons The incursion sites needed them, that is calculate the payout only for the highest contributing fleet.

Alternatively if CCP wants to encourage a more parasitic style of gameplay allow the fleet inside to leave one or more people outside the site to fight over a node or defend an objective similar to a factional warfare objective while the fleet inside deals with the dread. Failing to hold the objective allows those around the objective to leech the payout.

2 Likes

After reading the responses to and from our CSM I have to say I look forward to everything EVE as to offer. I’ve been playing this game on and off since BETA and tend like most to take long breaks away when things get boring. I do believe that the current story line is going nowhere and a complete change up is needed in-game to get everyone back on there toes.
To CCP I would recommend that you keep the updates coming to pull new players in however you really need to look at the in-game story and shack the foundations a lot more than you have been doing. You must have some good peeps working for you on the content aspect of the game maybe give them a little more free roam to rock the boat.

But as always you have a good game and I hope one day to go back to saying a great game.

1 Like