Fourth and Out - Brisc's Final Campaign for CSM

We haven’t voted yet.

Perhaps you meant “renomination” by the null blocks.

As one of the few CSM members that actively visited the forums, you always were one of the most approachable CSM members. I’m glad to see you’re running for CSM again Brisc!

Doesn’t matter.

Congrats on re-election Brisc. One of the most deserved, regardless of the block vote.

1 Like

Voting “doesn’t matter”?

DISBAND and DISSOLVE the CSM then.

1 Like

Voting matters, but he already has the numbers, even before we vote. That’s why it’s ‘congrats on re-election’.

It’s not a difficult concept.

1 Like

That’s not the flex you think it is, thanks for the ammo against having the CSM.

No one is calling it a flex and CCP doesn’t care whether you want a CSM or not. They want it and that’s all that matters.

Your anti-CSM campaign requires more ammo? I’m surprised!

I wouldn’t mind if you ran out of ammo soon, it’s tiresome.

Finally someone who gets it.

1 Like

Actually, it requires ammo. The anti-CSM movement seems to be filled with people who are upset they didn’t get elected to it, people who just like being edgy and contrary, and their alts.

The logic behind their anti-CSM thinking couldn’t win a high school debate contest…

1 Like

I’m just surprised to see they need ammo from external sources. I mean, they can come up with all sorts of nonsense reasons themselves, like their latest “correlation is causation - CSM is causing the decline of the playerbase” argument.

(Sorry for the off-topic posts, consider it a bump :smiley: )

1 Like

WTB Re-iteration of your opinion on Ansiblex Jump Gate balance, particularly their impact on force projection and general safety

I think that ansiblexes should be treated exactly the same as regular gates, other than the toll. They should be open for use by anybody. They should just be player-owned stargates.

1 Like

But wouldn’t everyone just set the toll for non-blues so high that no one would use it anyway?
(Atleast I think you set that by standings/ACL)
Rather than try to force counterplay making the Jump Bridges more expensive to build and the mentioned ReDeploy Timer after destruction should balance it out a bit.

Some probably would, but not all.

After all, if you have a gate that others can use, that’s a gate camping opportunity on the other side - as an example of why not everyone would just make them unusable.

I would suggest just one fee for everybody, if they went that route.

I like the vast majority of ideas you have listed here.
Could you elaborate on your thoughts against term limits please?

Players should be able to decide who they want on the CSM without being told their choice isn’t available to them because CCP decided to change the rules. One of the biggest issues with the CSM is getting folks up to speed takes time, and the most effective members of the Council tend to be the ones with the most experience. They get to know the Devs, build relationships, and learn how the company works and how it doesn’t. If folks want to serve more than three years (and honestly the handful of people who have done that deserve a medal - there really aren’t that many) they should have that ability because they tend to be the best at what they do.

There really wasn’t a problem with incumbents staying on too long. Prior to term limits, there were only six people out of the hundred+ who have served on the CSM who served for more than 3 terms. This wasn’t a real issue.

You’re either a PR department or a political construct, which one is it? If it is a political construct, you get term limits.

Term limits aren’t ubiquitous. There are plenty of elected positions, in government or in business, that don’t have term limits attached. We didn’t have term limits in EVE until 2019.

2 Likes