Fourth and Out - Brisc's Final Campaign for CSM

Having the same people every year won’t help the already tarnished image of the CSM in gamers eyes outside the null blocks that vote them in. Think of it as damage control reimaging.

1 Like

As I noted before, in the entire history of the CSM, only six members have served more than 3 terms. This was not an issue. You absolutely need to have some of the same people on the body each year, because you need to have continuity and some kind of institutional memory.

4 Likes

It’s just for one year cooldown. CCP want “new persons” on the CSM. Their construct, their rules.

Appreciate the response to my question.

1 Like

I have been on the other side of the grid from you for years. But I respect the work that you have done for our community all this time. Good luck on your fourth term!

You were the guy just telling players in the forums to essentially f off right? Or was that a different guy named Brisc?

meant in a jeering tone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope, I don’t do that.

Now, I am one of the only CSM members who ever posts on the forums, so I can see how you might get confused.

I’ve been on the receiving end of a treatment similar to this (for having a particular kind of IRL job) yet I would still prefer to have someone on the CSM with strong enough opinions to do so and engage on the forums, than someone else that does not.

There is still hope for you getting out of IT someday. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

For the two years that I served with Brisc I found him to be a reasonable man and a great advocate for the game in general.

For some reason he always seemed to take a LOT more heat than me when folks got angry. He handled it well. (And face it, some of you DO need to ‘f off’ whether he or I say so or not.)

He will be on my ballot, no question about that.

m

8 Likes

This is the biggest chad amongst all candidates that CMS has ever seen! Full support from RSA

1 Like

After his postings on the Forum concerning the Siege green Structure changes, I wouldn’t vote for him if he were the only person running.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that your disagreement with me over this single issue clouds over all of the work I’ve done for the community for the past four years.

5 Likes

I saw Brisc Rubal at FanFest, and although I never got the chance to meet him face to face (you’re a popular guy!) I really would have loved to tell him that - alongside Jin’taan’s lore video series - his work with the Meta Show was one of the two main driving forces that got me into EVE Online in the first place. And later on, the Initiative.

I do not know Brisc well, but I have always liked what I’ve seen from the show. True to his experience as a Lawyer and Politician, he is never defeated by bad news. He is quick to take positive developments and victories where they come, quick to praise the players and his colleagues at the CSM for pushing for important changes, and always seems to have the game’s prosperity and longevity at heart.

But, most importantly to me personally: Rather than being toxic, or baww’ing at changes he doesn’t like, Brisc seems to be able to accept this with clear disappointment, but will then take positive steps to calmly resolve this - or at the very least find a compromise that may not necessarily be the change we’d initially hoped for, but may at least be a return to a more sustainable status quo.

You’ll have my vote!

2 Likes

Brisc for president!

2 Likes

oh ok whew! :slight_smile:

wait you said it wasn’t you? Now your a friggen liar too! Just given ya the gears Brisc.

Brisc for pres

:slight_smile:

how dare you be so correct, you sir, can f right off :grin:

2 Likes

Please don’t leave us red dot champion

• Additional clones per account

A quick clarification: You mean clones as in the character selection screen or do you mean jump clones, as in number of slots you can have (currently maxed at 10) for implants?

If it s the former, I’m all for that.
If its the latter I am definitely not a fan.

More clones as in additional jump clones. Although I don’t have an issue with them selling additional character slots as well.