Fozzie-Sov failed in shaking up null - maybe dynamic security status would?

I would assume that the id for the citadel is already connected to the assets. Otherwise how would their system know when to charge the 15% or not? As that id is also connected to the killmail, I don’t see any technical reason why that wouldn’t be a pretty easy bit of logic.

As for everyone shooting their own citadel… so what? If someone is active enough to do that to mitigate some of their expenses lost when losing a citadel… good for them. I’d say that you can’t get that payout if you’re a member of the alliance that owns the citadel, but if you want to get an alt on and steal a piece from those blowing up a citadel, good for you. Stealing citadel asset safety ransom payouts can be a new eve career… like ninja salvaging.

Doesn’t change that it would likely increase citadel destruction.

I’m not opposed to this, but many are. Giving a percentage of the asset safety payment is simply a way to address the fact there isn’t a whole lot of benefit to citadel bashing without upsetting other areas. People are already paying that 15%. This would simply cut those blowing up citadels in for a piece… which hopefully would make people want to blow up more citadels.

By paying out that 15% I can promise people would whore on it… which isn’t a big deal until you consider that it fails to reward the people blowing it up, when the blues who showed up to defend your structure with you (or for you) collect an equal portion of the pie. You can exclude anyone you want, alts are a thing, blues are a thing, and ultimately unless you only reward the top X% damage contributors (which would butt-hurt the subcaps 9 times out of 10 and ultimately fail to increase their level of participation) it will get severely diminished to the point of not really being worthwhile anymore.

If you can make more isk ratting, you won’t bother going to blow up a citadel “for the isk”. If you were going to go anyways for the stratop, yuo didn’t need the incentive to begin with.

Good God…

Before all these changes everyone cried about the blue donut. After these changes everyone cries about the blue donut.

How about you just stop ■■■■■■■ worrying about the ■■■■■■■ blue donut and ■■■■■■■ play the ■■■■■■■ game.

But then, I have to like, launch the game and play. That’s kind of a lot to ask man…

1 Like

but your arguing about people getting a smaller chunk of what they aren’t getting now. Even if blues (or non contributing neuts) whore on the KM to get a piece… those actually doing the work would still get something.

As for if the isk matters… I think it helps. I don’t particularly like mining. If my corp asks me to mine to raise the security level of a system… I’ll contribute. I don’t make as much isk while doing it… but I make some and that combined with what’s good for the corp/alliance can drive me to participate. If the corp was going to keep all the ore would I take part? Probably not. Isk isn’t my only motivator in participation (or I’d just rat or trade regardless). But it is PART of the motivation.

I don’t see the harm in adding a little isk motivation for attacking citadels. Yes, people may try to take actions to get part of the payout… but what the attackers get is better than what they get now… and if it’s a market hub citadel with lots of assets… that small portion could be quite nice.

Oh I certainly agree that an incentive would be nice. Personally when my alliance calls for entosis fleets or structure bashes, if I’m not dealing with mini me, I’m right there either doing entosis or camping the gates with the rest of the fleet. Other people however, they need something that will entice them out. A small payment, which is what it would be most of the time (if it is anything at all), will not entice them.

Getting something for my time would be nice… but I think part of the motivation needs to be getting defenders to show up as well. I’d LOVE to have a fight over the structure, rather than just let them shrug, laugh at us for wasting deployment time killing a citadel with a dps cap, and then collect their stuff for a nominal fee.

They can keep their money, I want to fight them. That’s 10x more motivating for me, and I know a lot of the other pvpers would totally come to the bash that they would have otherwise been busy washing their hair for otherwise.

If even 50% of their assets go poof, that is potentially a MUCH more valid reason to show up and take the risk of a fight. And then if the attackers win, they get ~50% of that as payment for their efforts as well.

Now what do the defenders get as a bonus if they win the defence? Also you haven’t answered how this gets paid out, since it can be so long till someone uses asset safety, but you can’t add incentive to attackers to fight & give no more incentive to defenders.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.