Game Crash

Every time I open the Character Sheet, the game freezes and then disappears. Sometimes the frame will reappear and allow me to close the Character Sheet, while most of the time the frame remains hidden, but the CCPexe file remains open and I can hear the music playing in the background, but no long is accessible; forcing me to shut the client file down via the Task Manager. I have verified that I am within the minimum system requirements for a Windows machine.

Anyone else see this?

I couldn’t find anyone else who had the same issue, so I’m taking some stabs in the dark here.

1. First, I wonder if the character avatar portion is causing you problems. You mentioned that you can sometimes close the character sheet. Next time that happens, instead click on the the little triangle that is under the X to close the character sheet window. That will stop your your animated avatar from displaying. I know it might not seem like a big deal, but it might make a difference if your computer barely meets specs or your GPU is overheating. You can also try turning down all your graphics settings and then try opening the character sheet to see if that works. Oh, and if either of these things work, let me know, and we’ll try to investigate further.
  2. It’s pretty easy to verify the game files, so it’s worth a shot. Click the E in the top right of the launcher, select shared cache, and then hit the verify button.
  3. You can also try deleting the cache folder, but doing so will apparently reset some of your settings. So, if you do try it, you should either do it through the game (so that it automatically creates a backup), or manually create a backup so that you can restore your settings if it doesn’t work.

Past that, file a support ticket. And please come back and tell us how you fixed it. Might help the next guy with the same problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.