Golem?

I watch the spaceyacey vids and only polarize fit golem for huge dps and isk to clear.

Also dont waste time traveling i autopilot to each mission while doing other work to be more efficient

Removed a bunch of unneeded back and forth posts.

Kinds rigged. Golem always be better than short range blaster fit kronos. That is why Kronos need range increase mods.
I’m caldari for live, flew missile ships for a long time but when I tried Kronos I never look back at missile BS anymore. Insta damage is far better than delayed.

The ■■■■ ?

I don’t pretend it’s better or whatever.

I’m just saying, the golem can do 3k DPS at 45km ; and the kronos can’t do 5.3k at this range.

I agree that delayed DPS is a problem. also application.
4200 m/s and 3.9 s/cycle means 16km per salvo, so one salvo lost after 16km, 2 after 32km, and 3 max at 48km. That’s why I degroup my launchers.

on the plus side, you don’t need to remain still to shoot small fries.

That’s about it, I had one and was so underwhelmed by it’s performance I sold it soon after, I don’t keep low performance high priced items around.

Also a very high value lol gank target. I mean how many times will an empire ganker get to pop a BLOPS, amiright. Probably not even scanned. Its straight up pop the black ops time for giggles.

r eve in a thread recently had a km link about a marshall kill in empire. Looked like a brave, or stupid, pilot went auto target missile style.

Not sure why you’d afk auto missile a blops let alone a marshal but that’s me.

Golem is still the Jack of all trades but master of none. All 4 Marauders are the best in their own Empire, Golem is the 2nd best choice in each other empire.

Don’t get into the DPS epeen argument. (No offense Mr Eppen). Google videos and watch mission completion times. That’s what’s relevant to missions.

2 Likes

Yep. If you know or look up trigger rats even a kronos which doesn’t get the best damage selectivity on ammo can drop the completion rat(s). I personally run the “lazy” kronos setup…Null and Void only lol. Works nice for my needs. Want to stay after for more bounty and wrecks have at. Or not lol.

Same for other gun boats. They may not have the 100% of missile damage selection…smack the trigger(s) down hard its all good. Full wipe optional at that point.

Also there is the fun factor. I have chucked missiles for years. Many many many missiles. Gun marauders give a more satisfying feeling imo.

BUt that’s me…nice thing here is options for all to get what they like.

2 Likes

i have a marshal and refuse to undock in high sec with it… its just a gank magnet lol with or without mods.