2020 Golem theory?

Are you Golem pilots using torps or cruise missiles for level 4s? I can make either work but predictably, even with the fantastic bonuses the Golem gets, range is a huge issue, especially with rage torpedoes. Not a problem with cruises, but I really like the speed with which torpedoes dispatch enemies. Plus how much tank is enough? I feel like I have greatly over estimated how much damage i’d have to deal with in level 4s.

Just to give more info to you fine folks, I can make a rage torp build work but I have to sacrifice some tank, and step down to lesser target painters. so that I can put range rigs in. Otherwise I can keep the cap rigs in to run the better equipment, but then I have to use “regular” torpedo range, which NPCs are staying out of.

Again I can use cruises with massive tank and the better target painters, but looking at the explosion velocity and radius torps apply pretty well compared to cruises, with more dps (just way less range obviously). Forgive me for talking in circles but this has been on my mind lol.

Thanks for any advice, please feel free to post fits if you want. Once I figure out how to post fits I’ll show you a couple I’m working with. Thanks

Used Cruise-Golems for a long time here. It was just a logical progression from my old Cruise-Raven. Also for a time I really liked the the way my sniper-fits allowed me to sit hundreds of kilometers from the rats and slowly kill them, while reading comics or books at the same time.

My fits generally had not that much tank, as you don’t really need tank when most enemies aren’t able to ever reach you.

Eventually I ran out of patience and on my new PVE-alt I’ve been trying ships and fits I never did in my Raven-Golem times, like a sniping Tempest for example, or T3Cs. HAM Lokis and Legions are astonishingly good at level 4s. Hell, I’ve run the Gallente Epic Arc with a HAM Legion once. Those tiny monsters can take a lot of punishment.

Anyway, when using a Golem, I’ve always been 100% into cruise missiles. In my mind, torps (and rapid heavies) are more PVP-weapons. Below is an example of the kind of crazy ■■■■■■■■ I’ve pulled in the past: 300 km lock range, and when the bastion module is active, also 300+ km missile range. In some missions, you can put yourself outside the range where the rats react to you, and just kill them all without resistance.

Also funny, when your jumping around causes NPCs to give up and go back to their starting point. Again, you can kill them all without much happening on your end. The 2k DPS your shield booster can negate with a single cycle when heated is only rarely needed.

[Golem, Murkem]

Ballistic Control System II
Signal Amplifier II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Range Script
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Dread Guristas X-Large Shield Booster

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Cruise Missile
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Bastion Module I
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II

Acolyte II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Salvage Drone I x5

@Anderson_Geten can probably give you the most definitive answer.

T2 missiles have slight range issues but serious application problems with explosion velocity and radius. Using torps instead of cruise missiles just makes the application worse. T2 makes it even worse.

Most L4 missions contain lots of cruisers and plenty of frigates. Torps May remove the NPC battleships quickly, but that time savings is lost because you spend forever killing the cruisers.

Whatever fit you use, you should take advantage of the huge target painter bonus that the Golem gets.

Using an MJD makes more sense than a MWD for Golems, due to the shortened cool down that the marauders get.

Here, read this:

1 Like

Man, some of those fits cause me physical pain to look at. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is the old school torp fitting, that said ever since cruise got a buff rarely see or hear about torp golems though. That said bastion mode’s extra range, and missile guidance computers are newer than that so maybe it’s worth running again?

Rage has great looking damage but the application is awful, no idea if it even works with a golem. Faction torps have pretty good dps but getting into might as well use cruise territory. and jav is worse than cruise, generally don’t want to be using it.

if anyone has better ideas on mixing of TPs/Comps by all means. someone used to have a spreadsheet for these kinda questions but haven’t seen that in a long time.

As far as cruise go can pretty much just swap the torps for cruise. might be worth an application rig or something, dunno haven’t done the math, that said the TP bonus is huge for application.

[Golem, old school torps]

Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Gist X-Type 100MN Afterburner
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script

Torpedo Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Torpedo
Salvager II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Bastion Module I

Large Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II

I’m still using Cruise missiles today. They still hit very hard. It helps to have the skills capped too.

[Golem, Golem fit]

Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Core X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive

Torpedo Launcher II, Nova Rage Torpedo
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II

Large Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II

1450 missile DPS, range to 61.8km w/ bastion, and 49.4km out of bastion, and you can script precision if you can’t take out a frigate w/ drones.

w/ standard t1 ammo, 933DPS, out to 59.3km w/o bastion and 74km w/ bastion.

Are you trying to maintain cap stability?

[Golem, Simulated Golem Fitting]

[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
Dread Guristas X-Large Shield Booster
Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amplifier

Caldari Navy Torpedo Launcher
Salvager II
[Empty High slot]
Drone Link Augmentor II
Bastion Module I

Large Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I
Large Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I

then fit the damage amps you need…range isn’t that much of an issue as you hit them with the target to cause aggro

That is a juicy fit, for sure. How much benefit are you getting from that fourth Ballistic Control System?

only 28% which is pretty low tbh. I could drop in a shadow serps damage control but it already tanks so well it seems pointless. maybe put in drone damage amp…

I park with this in the angel bonus room with t1 ammo, set the bastion and never move again until the salvaging is done, and still takes longer to salvage than kill, so low-end cruise for me:

[Golem, Snowbird Glacier]

Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Signal Amplifier II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Target Painter II
Gist C-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Dread Guristas Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Pith C-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Pithum C-Type EM Shield Amplifier

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Cruise Missile
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Large Semiconductor Memory Cell II
Large EM Shield Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet II x5
Salvage Drone I x5

Scourge Cruise Missile x2652
Mobile Tractor Unit x1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.