Golem lvl 4 mission runner

Grettings fellow capsuleers,
In a few days i will get my hands on the beast called the Golem, which means i’ll need a shiny new fit to use with my newly purchased Golem.

I was looking at the wiki and found this fit…

[Golem, Lv4 Mission Runner]
Cruise Missile Launcher II
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Caldari Navy X-Large Shield Booster
Large Micro Jump Drive
Target Painter II
Target Painter II
Target Painter II

C. Ballistic Control System II

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5
Salvage Drone I x5

Scourge Fury Cruise Missile x1

Will this be enough to deal with those lvl 4 rats and escalations 0/5-7 ?

Already have all the skills to run this fit, just to give you guys a idea about what skills ive got.

Any input/advice is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Easily man. You can use the LMJD to stay at range and almost nothing will hit you.

You can also do some fun stuff with a stable deadspace MSB. When you get some crystals you can withstand huge amounts of dps lazy mode.

2 Likes

Noted… thanks bud, really looking forward to trying this ship! Take care :smile:

1 Like

Your fit is not too bad.

This is what I use:

for rigs - 2 x rigor catalyst II

Mids -
Pith X type XL shield booster
2 x Invul. Fld II
MGC II
Heavy Stasis Grappler II
2 x Republic Fleet TP

-Kirst

it doesn’t even need crystals unless you are trying to afk or something. Deadspace med booster is the way to go imo. Pithum boosters are very close to cap stable, but aren’t quite set and forget, Gistum boosters are lighter on the cap but don’t boost as much.

also I don’t really like an MJD on a missile boat. If you have missile speed rigs, or a barghest it works reasonably well, if not you need to volley count or end up losing volleys off into space. Prefer an MWD or AB. although with the marauder 1m mjd cool down it does work very well in some cases.

I’ll admit I don’t know on the rigs, double rigor seemed to be the goto, but now with the stacking penalties rigor + flare may be better. Probably doesn’t really matter too much either way with the 3 Target painters. Someone had a spreadsheet with all the NPCs sig and speed and a few different setups to say what was best but no idea the status of that these days.

Thanks for the input, i’ll give it a shot.

I’d drop one of the TPs and add a mwd just because the MJD works fine for many missions, but there are some where each gate is like 54 km off and MWD can be used. Having both options are great. Using your cruises at too long range causes you to waste volleys as your missiles target already “killed” npcs. Hitting the MJD while aligned exactly at a far gate will sometimes work as you will stop at the gate; other times you’re left 40+ km off and have to slow boat back. I prefer to get into my attack site (close to next gate), bastion up, drop MTU, and cycle through targets ASAP. Short of passing out at the keyboard if you’re not cap stable, your Golem will tank every L4 mission. Only issue I could see causing a problem would be a nos/neut attack from either npc or player group.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.