Golem Fitting Contest for 500 PLEX šŸ’³

Very simple contest. Best PVE Fitting for a Golem wins 500 PLEX :credit_card:

• Best Balance of Tank/DPS
  • PVE for level 4 missions and Epic Arcs
  • No Purple Modules

Will run for Seven (7) Days to give everyone a chance to enter.

Iā€™ll have a vote at the end to choose the winner.

*I work a lot but will try to check this daily.

4 Likes

Reserved for Vote.

Fairly high tank, decent DPS, quite standard fit, nothing fancy. Couple expensive faction modules but nothing crazy. Posting the base fit now, may modify later as I look up prices on certain modules. Not my design, saved it from somewhere around December when I was wondering if it would be interesting to fit out a Golem. Might have a link to the original source hanging around somewhere if you want to give credit where credit is due.

(Edit) Original link is here: https://www.eveworkbench.com/fitting/golem/6c769c71-b57d-42b3-776a-08d6e84e3f8a
Total Jita ship cost as-is: roughly 2.5 billion ISK. To check the tank and DPS against your own skills, use the above link, click the ā€œExport - EFTā€ button, copy to clipboard. In EVE, open a fitting window, open the Wrench icon menu on the left, lower left of that has ā€œImport and Exportā€, click ā€œImport from Clipboardā€.

My own personal modification was to replace the 3 Caldari Navy BCS with the C3-X Hivaa Saitsuo modules (as I bought some of those back when they came out). However I see those are running around 300 million ISK each atm vs 130 million for the Cal Navy. So the extra drone DPS prob isnā€™t worth the additional expense.

[Golem,L4 High Tank]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Target Painter II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Acolyte II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5

Edit#2: The link I got the fit from specifically mentions swapping the Shield Boost Amplifier out for more Mobility/MJD, Application etc. if extra tank isnā€™t needed. The DCII is also an easy swap out if you know your tank is sufficient and want to add something else.

Edit#3: This build is very high on tank and cap. I always start any new, expensive build out fairly maxed on tank and cap. Because if Iā€™m fitting out an expensive new build, it means Iā€™m pushing it into some relatively tough situation I havenā€™t tried before. Otherwise Iā€™d just use a Praxis or something cheap. Fit for tank and cap, test the situation, see which one I can use less of, strip those module(s) out and replace with Mobility/DPS/Utility modules - thatā€™s the routine.

4 Likes

Nice copy paste.

This is botting a fit lol

1 Like

itā€™s also a bad fit

1 Like

Best Golem fit is the one that is really a Minmatar ship with extra guns taped on.

Feel free to post fits rather than snark, guys. I chose that fit from a couple of options because I wanted solid tank: if I was going to try an expensive new ship, I didnā€™t want to lose it because I made some dumb error the first couple times out. (Been there, done that - although it was back in the day when ā€˜a shiny new battlecruiserā€™ was an ā€˜expensive shipā€™ for me.)

Given the skills/implants on the character that was going to fly it, the C3-X Haitsuoā€™s gave my drones enough of a boost that I felt confident they would protect me from anything close or small, and the missiles would handle the rest. For me it was also important that it be reasonably priced.

Never said it was a great fit, an original fit, or even my fit. It was, however, a lvl 4 Golem fit with, for me, a good balance of Tank and DPS.

Youā€™re welcome to submit any massively improved, obviously better for the OPā€™s purpose, fits that you have on hand. If theyā€™re that much better, and reasonably priced, rest assured that Iā€™ll happily copy those too.

1 Like

First of all we need to understand what the OP means by ā€œbestā€. Easiest to afk with or fastest mission completion times. If we ignore ā€œeasiest to afk withā€, because fck that, you need to look at several things: mobility, damage application and ease of use.

• a fit without an AB (MWD is going to suck cap wise but could be done I guess) and quite possibly MJD is already out the window.

• Damage application, yes the Golem gets a painter bonus but painters are horrible to use outside their optimal and you have to apply them to each and every target, and only having 1 painter means you canā€™t use weapon groups which is terrible. So it doesnā€™t really work, itā€™s super annoying and restricts how many targets you can shoot at once. Ditch it, use rigor/flare rigs instead

• ECM, yes in Bastion mode you ignore any form of ECM but you donā€™t always WANT to be in Bastion, mostly because it slows you down which costs time. So you want ECCM and if at all possible increased lock speed because that just makes things less annoying.

What you end up with is on paper not the highest dps but paper dps doesnā€™t mean much unless youā€™re clueless. Assuming the OP wants an active played fast mission completion ship.

2 Likes

Rapid heavies would be good for blitzing certain missions over cruise, granted you have to be closer in range and know how to blitz a mission.

1 Like

Since the rapid reload rebalance (not a nerf) the overall dps is down. Also due to the high rate of fire itā€™s VERY easy to waste volleys vs more distant targets meaning you get even earlier into reloading hell. On top of that the Golem gets a damage application bonus and as it doesnā€™t need its rig slots for anything important you might as well go rigor and/or flare rigs.

Only if you really time your reloads well, which lets be honest isnā€™t going to happen in reality, would it be worth it.

I donā€™t get to play enough for "easiest to afk withā€ to apply. I can run any level 4 and Epic Arc with the fit I have but I see much room for improvement. I thought 500 PLEX :credit_card: (or a free month of Omega Time) would generate more interest.

*Approximately 1.6b in Jitaā€¦

2 Likes

[Golem, Golem]

Syndicate Damage Control

Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Large Micro Jump Drive
Core X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Auto Targeting System II

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x15

Inherent Implants ā€˜Squireā€™ Capacitor Systems Operation EO-605
Inherent Implants ā€˜Squireā€™ Capacitor Management EM-805

1 Like

Iā€™m not at my PC atm, on my phone, so that doesnā€™t really help. Just donā€™t fall for bling clown fits like the one above this pot.

2 Likes

Agree 100%.

Actually they canā€™t post any because the only thing they know how to do is troll the forums.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m running it for a week. Just submit yours when you get a chance.

Firstly, good call on not putting the more blingy Hivaas on thereā€¦imo of course. Golem is a missile ship, drones are just for frigates that might get too close and such.

Because of the great bonus to Microjumpdrive a Marauder gets, imo most pve Marauder fits should have a MJD. Rather than a tank module, you could have a module that blips you far enough away to warp out if one gets in trouble.

Personally I like the Paladinā€¦becauseā€¦lasery goodness and all, but I experimented with a Golem for pve at one time. Hopefully things havenā€™t changed too much with it.

Kerzai, I took the liberty of messing around with your fit a little just off the top of my head, hope you donā€™t mind too much:

[Golem, PVE, mid-range]

sensor booster

Missile Guidance Computer, Range Script
Missile Guidance Computer, Precision Script
Large Microjumpdrive
Shield Boost Amplifier II
faction or only semi-blingy Large Shield Booster
Cap Recharger II
100 mn afterburner II

empty
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Rigor Rig
Flare Rig

Acolyte II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5

2 Likes

Thank you, itā€™s not my fit so mess away! I should probably have pointed out that the link I got the fit from specifically mentions swapping the Shield Boost Amplifier out for Mobility/MJD, Application or other modules as needed. Iā€™ll likely toss an edit in there to mention it.

The DCII module is also easily swappable for whatever anyone prefers if they feel they donā€™t need extra tank for the task.

I like the extra mobility your fit provides, and after a few test runs (if I ever tested it) to see how much excess tank I can shed for the task, I would likely go for something pretty close to what you have there.

1 Like

High power
4x Torpedo Launcher II
1x Bastion Module I
1x Drone Link Augmentor II
1x Small Tractor Beam II

Medium power
1x Gist A-Type X-Large Shield Booster
1x Gist A-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
2x Gistum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
1x Republic Fleet Target Painter (114km range)
2x Missile Guidance Computer II

Low power
4x Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Rig Slot
1x Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
1x Large Bay Loading Accelerator II

Charges
2x Missile Range Script
3000x Inferno Rage Torpedo
3000x Inferno Javelin Torpedo

Drones
5x Warrior II
5x Hammerhead II

1300 DPS @ 45km [9,138HP Volley] (Loaded with Rage Torps and range scripts)
948 DPS @ 81km [6,087HP Volley] (Loaded with Javelin and range scripts)
Switching out for precision scripts when required

119k EHP with resists of 76/86/88/88 when in Bastion.

Gist A-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Provides 1,876HP rep every 4s
Can fit a brick tank with over 200k EHP if required, for when you see combat probes on d-scan and the gankers arrive.
Failing that, just swiftly fit a MJD in place of the MWD and GTFO.

This fit is nowhere near cap stable: with 3:32 mins,
I think this is more than enough cap for an experienced mission runner.

Flying this deadly beast in-conjunction with the Golem Vitalshift EGO SKIN makes the ship feel even more awesome.

4 Likes

You really donā€™t need so many words to say youā€™re sorry.