Dread Guristas Cruise Missile Launcher
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II

Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Augmented Hobgoblin x10
Augmented Warrior x5

Please tell me the location where you will be testing this fit.
It’s for Science!

3 Likes

Basic no ■■■■■■■■ but good fit that actually performs and isnt’s nonsense bling.

• Cruise because torps are dumb, it’s better to bring faction and T2 cruise (don’t bother using T2 vs smaller targets)

• drone link helps if you MJD forward, there’s a bigger chance your drones will still be in control range

• NOS helps when you have to make a stand + Bastion, it also affects aggro table so your drones get less aggro, always nice

• AB + MJD, AB is fast enough to travel as you’re also shooting targets, if you have to travel more than 50km simply MJD in that direction and then fly back

• Gist B-Type XL is good value for money, no need for more or more bling. Same for 2 T2 invuls, you can go clown bling invuls but you don’t need them and all that happens is you becoming a gank target

• guidance comp + precision script, for obvious reasons. NO PAINTERS, they’re good if they work well but annoying to use, explained that earlier.

• signal amp for increased locking speed, also outside Bastion a Marauder has terribly low Sensor strength meaning you get jammed SO FRICKING OFTEN when fighting Guristas, adding ECCM helps with that. This is an indirect dps increase, being jammed less often, being able to target faster.

• rigs for damage application, paper damage is meaningless.

[Golem, Golem Basic]

Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Ballistic Control System II
Signal Amplifier II

100MN Afterburner II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Gist B-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Heavy Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu
Small Tractor Beam I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Bastion Module I

Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II

1 Like

Entry is here: https://pastebin.com/21uVXQVM

Cap stable with all mods on. @41.2% (With Thukker battery for 28% neut/nos resist)

132k drone range, 208k cruise missile range (Can remove a drone link for a tractor II if you don’t use MTUs or a neut if worried stilettos)

975dps unheated, 1132dps heated

1989.7EHP/S unheated, 2911.7EHP/S heated. (That would literally take two blasterfit Vindicators to even start doing damage, without factoring in drugs and implants.)

Can ditch one of the invuls for an MJD depending on the sites you want to run. Recommended.

2 Likes

[Golem, **Golem]
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Khanid Navy Ballistic Control System

Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Large Micro Jump Drive
Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster

Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Bastion Module I
Improved Cloaking Device II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hobgoblin II x10
Salvage Drone I x5

Mjolnir Fury Heavy Missile x1000
Inferno Fury Heavy Missile x1204
Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x108
Nova Fury Heavy Missile x1000
Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x1000

This is a decent fit very expensive but you get what you pay for right has ok dps very good tank and lots of extra cap if you run into drain
should run lvl4s without the module even on but extra if you need it
and if you need more punch swp the cruise for hvy rapid

1 Like

[Golem, FAT LOOT WORMHOLE Fitting]
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

Data Analyzer II
Scan Rangefinding Array II
Scan Acquisition Array II
Scan Pinpointing Array II
Relic Analyzer II
100MN Afterburner II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Festival Launcher
Salvager II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher
Improved Cloaking Device II

Large Salvage Tackle II
Large Salvage Tackle II

Federation Navy Hobgoblin x15

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8
Wings of Victory Firework x500
Sisters Combat Scanner Probe x8

1 Like

[Golem, *Golem]
Damage Control II

Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Caldari Navy Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Caldari Navy Adaptive Invulnerability Field
EM Ward Amplifier II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Republic Fleet Target Painter
100MN Afterburner II

Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Bastion Module I
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x10

Scourge Fury Cruise Missile x2036
Nova Fury Cruise Missile x1436
Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x2124
Mjolnir Fury Cruise Missile x1724

Don’t hate on the medium shield booster. It’s sufficient running all the time on this cap stable build to run all level four missions provided your skills are good. Good balance of cost, dps, and tank. When you need speed the cap gives you plenty of time to reach those long gates with your tank running. For even better cap performance switch out to capacitor control 2s.

1 Like

okay so.
The fat tank of the golem allows to tank very well with only bastion, a DC and LSB II.

Of course, the best SB is the GXTXLSB so if you can afford it … go for it. If you can’t(800M right now), go for PXTXL(290M), or PXTL (390M; but worse than the PXTXL - unless you lack fitting)

With a RF LCB and an invul, you reach 668 EHP/s (EM, the lowest. Then 1100 EHP/s in thermal, the second lowest)

Then for movement, I consider a MJD + 500MN to be the best. The 500MN is just to move fast to the gate. the MJD is to keep rats at range.

This also allows you to run with minimal tank, and to tank the rats while bastion finishes in case you made an error with MJD (or were bumped ^^ )

Then for DPS :
4 cruise launchers T2, 3 CN BCU, gives you 920 DPS with fury. using a T2 calefaction would go 980 DPS but we need a range rig because the targeting (118km) is too low : if you MJD you will likely not be able to lock your targets. A large ionic field projector II will push this to 154 km.

Application : well that is the issue. Since you want to shoot hard and good, you need a lot of application. Good thing is, the golem has a bonus to painters, and a -25% explosion radius bonus (which is huge : that’s +33% application). So two RF painters and a rigor T2 will multiply the application by 2.97(so 3.96 with internal -25% sig). That means you will be able to oneshot almost all NPC frigates. And actually up to BC. Compared to a rattler, which has no bonus to application, that means you deal same effective DPS, even with 900 paper DPS instead of 1200. And also, you can select your damage type so even better vs angels and sansha/blood.

So what to put in the 3 remaining highs ? Well, nothing. You can use a MTU and salvage drones if you want (actually two mtus), but with nothing in the highs you can overheat your modules more(it removes 3/21 of your heat)

Of course this is for very active gameplay. Otherwise there is no point in playing a marauder (you will get ganked). If you want to play AFK, get yourself a praxis with passive tank please.
Half-assed fits that want to do everything will just get you to lose everything. In Eve you need to go fast, to adapt to your target. Slackers will be losers.

fit
[Golem, GXTXLSB]
Shadow Serpentis Damage Control

Large Micro Jump Drive
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Core X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive

Bastion Module I

Large Ionic Field Projector II

Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x216
1 Like

I agree with Anderson. I don’t do it quite like she does, but close enough. The dual-prop is the way to go. Plus, her fit takes advantages of the ship bonuses, which is what you should be doing.

I put medium neuts in the spare highs… just in case of unexpected visitors.

You won’t have the time to apply them. Better use ec-300 instead (they will defend you). Also, as long as you MJD on arrival and the mission is a dedspace complex, they need to run towards you 100km with rats on the field, so unless you activated bastion just before they landed, you have time to bastion off + MJD, align and warp off. And since you don’t even need bastion unless you made a mistake…

Without bastion you still hit with fury at 167 km and can rep 200 EHP/s EM (the lowest resist). There is not really a point in using bastion unless you ■■■■■■ up somewhere. Still it’s nice to have, but not mandatory to use. The actual best usage is to use it when damped ^^

I made epics with that golem and did not even use the bastion unless ECM’d. Now that you can shoot the ECM ship, it’s not even needed. Ho and I tanked the whole room on the spot when I did the caldari’s final mission. Just to test (don’t mind if I lose it - I did not)

@Character_Bazaar

over 11.000 fittings to choose from :wink:

JuuR

2 Likes

It’s important to understand how painters work. Outside optimal (54km) they don’t gradually work less well like normal falloff stuff, instead they work binary: they either work or they don’t and you don’t KNOW if they’ll work before missile impact. You’ll only see afterwards as you get the damage numbers, IF you pay attention to that.

The result is that you won’t know if a target will need, say, 2 volleys or 3 because you can’t know upfront if or how much the painters will apply. So if you’re sitting at silly ranges (because scared and range is cool yo) you either have to wait till your missiles impact with the target and it’s confirmed dead OR you need to put extra volleys in the air just to be sure. Even more so as you have to paint all the targets you’re firing at, and then you have to deal with painter cycles etc etc. It’s all hilariously terrible and a massive waste of time.

By using guidance comps and rigor/flare rigs the NUMBERS might look less good but numbers are meaningless, it’s about actual application in an actual scenario. You get dependable damage application and that means you can do “2 volleys for you, 2 volleys for you and 3 volleys for you”. Without having to check/wait too see if the damage application actually works.

1 Like

No they don’t. The game engine does not allow this kind of mechanism : a module effect is applied on cycle start, and removed on cycle end, NOT computed on arbitrary effect…

BS.

Cycle start of the painter module yes, chance based in falloff. But it’s not about the moment the painter applies, it’s about the moment the missile hits, and if at THAT moment the painter applies.

Also, it doesn’t change anything as it’s still chance based. You’re relying on RNG application which combined with missile travel time and possibly long ranges is terrible.

1 Like

No.

No chance. Effect is applied on cycle start, period.
It’s always applied as long as the target is within module range.

BS. You have no idea how painters work.

Here is the graph of volley of the fit I gave vs MGC precision scripted instead of painter :

Imgur

MGC are literally worse than painter, even at max target range (154 km)

for comparison sake, with 1 MGC+1 painter :

Imgur

Still 2 painters is always the best.

1 Like

Again, painters work binary Pyfa just doesn’t show that, instead it shows an average.

@Anderson_Geten I’m beginning to understand why your posts sometimes seem impatient.

BS.
Just plain BS.

Because I took the time to check for the data I looked and those people did not. They claim random BS and claim that I should put more effort into proving they are wrong, than they actually did into proving they are right.

That’s just spoiled kid behavior. Do your homework, or STFU.

In this specific case, the behavior of painters is very well documented, with enough experiment to conclude that painters are not chance based. What’s more the engine does not allow to have varying effect on-hit modules, as this would create a lot of lag.

1 Like

Yes, I can see that.

Go try it. Go deep into painter falloff and fire a bunch of missiles at a target, preferably a stationary one to avoid rng in that sense. See what happens.