Having corvette blue prints please!

Alright I have searched all of the caldari rigional market on corvette blue print and found none. I am a new player and I am a nooob when it comes to ship building but as I experienced that demoralizing sacrificial mission, where your ship is sacrificed by the state, I have always wanted to build a cheap ship you can sacrifice on the go. And I believe corvettes are the way to go for it. I mean given in stranious sircumstances were resources are not enough to build frigates wouldn’t corvettes be a good idea to bolster your fleet ships with? I mean I play stellaris and I know the limitations of corvettes but I think being able to field them for a fraction of the cost of a frigate equiped with good modules and decent enough small turrets that can dish out damage to bring down a frigate it would be a good change of pace in fleet building. Just bringing out an idea on that

You can already get them for free. Just leave the current ship, undock as the pod, dock in any station without a ship there, congratulations you now have a corvette, in as many stations as you want.

2 Likes

Oh almost forgot to say that players should have control over what type of engine/power engine could be equiped on ships think of the possibilities of being able to use powerful modules on smaller ships just by adjusting the energy they need to use it. Of course this also outs forth the idea of energy draining/ stealing weapons that could drain power or energy of off ships. Think of the implications of a battleship unable to use their shields or modules that require them because their energy is drained or stolen.

As stated by someone else, you will be “awarded” free Corvettes by entering a station that you do not have any ships in.

Though, beyond “shits and giggles” I am unsure why you would want there to be blueprints for Corvettes.
Even the cheapest Tech1-fit Frigate (which is worth about one or two level 1-2 missions) is more combat capable than a Corvette.
A shuttle warps faster than a Corvette.

A Corvette is, for all intents and purposes, nothing more than a “rookie ship”… which is the equivalent of a twig in other MMOs.
Its point is to get you used to the mechanics of the game rather than be an actual force to be reckoned with.

You can already do this.

Energy Neutralizers can “nullify” a set amount of power in a target ship every few seconds… which can prevent said target ship from using certain weapons and/or modules.

Energy Vampires can “syphon” a small amount of power every few seconds on the condition that your capacitor power is less than that of the opposing ship.

Stasis Webifiers can reduce a target ship’s speed by 50-60%. More if your ship has specific bonuses for Stasis Webs.

This may sound well and good, but it is a nightmare to balance current and future ships for.

There is a reason the system we have exists… why ships only have a certain amount high, medium, low slots and why ships have only a set amount of CPU and Powergrid.

If people could manipulate what slots and fitting abilities their ship has, they would gravitate towards certain ships that have innate states that best fit a certain tactic. And no one would use anything else as it would be “sub-par” to do so.

2 Likes

Easily made/low cost cyno ships.

You can’t generate them in Sovereign 0.0 unles you have access to an Outpost (which are to be removed shortly).

From that PoV, Rookie Ship Blueprints make sense.

I have no sympathy for cyno users. Nor do I want cynos to be easy/cheap to use. :smiley:

1 Like

For that very reason I suggested that the cyno module’s fuel cost should be increased to 5000 units of ozone and the force recon’s bonus is changed to a 99% reduction, so it remains the same.

1 Like

That makes no sense…

Yes it does. Risk a recon ship to light your precious IWIN button. A corvette with a cyno IWIN button is zero risk.

3 Likes

I’ve clicked the wrong reply button.

1 Like

Well if the energy syphon ing module is already in game then no need to add that idea. But I still think having rookie ship blue prints be made available. I know there are better ships out there that are built for a prolonged fight but I have seen in other games the capabilities of having over whelping numbers built on cheap cannon fodder troops. It is just an idea but having the capabilities to build corvettes may make it easier to acquire them rather than having to die over and over again to have one. I mean I heard somewhere in the eve online forum about disposing rookie ships or excess ships through self detonation might increase your is spending per clone resurection.

overwhelming*

That’s what frigates are there for.

That’s not how it works. Dock pod at a station where you have none → get free rookie ship.

Your idea and your understanding of the game are on the same level.

So i don’t have to be practically locked into the ibis…

You don’t have to die over and over to get a Corvette. Any time you dock in a station in your pod and you have no ships in station to get into you will be awarded a free corvette.

Corvettes are free, so there is no need to build them.

Being able to cook 100 overnight rather than docking and undocking over and over

It just isn’t necessary. Pay a new player 50k each for them :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll give him one for 45k, with extra civilian turrets!

I feel like you guys don’t think these have a legit usage

I don’t see many uses for a corvette over any other frigate unless I’m trying to save isk in increments of 10,000.

then you’re not thinking big enough. out of all of them i find the ibis to be exceptionally good