Having Trouble Importing From Fuzzwork Dump to My DB

Hello Everyone!

I am still a new developer and I am struggling with how to take the ‘[mysql-latest.tar.bz2]’ file from ‘https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/dump/’ and import it into my database.

I am trying to import this via phpmyadmin into a MariaDB as a part of XAMPP into a Laravel project using a localhost server on a windows 10 OS.

I have tried to increase the size limit of files in my php.ini, as was suggested on a Stack Overflow post, but I continue to get the error: ’ Incorrect format parameter '.

I am extracting the bz2 file into a folder on my desktop via 7zip and then importing via the phpmyadmin panel which is where the error occurs.

I don’t know if there is an alternative, but I am trying to import a list of item names to match against typeID’s for a market application.

Thanks so much for your time!

What does the error say?

I don’t have a windows PC to test with, but make sure when you extract compressed archive that you have a folder that should contain each .sql file for each table. You might need to extract the contents again as after the first time you end up with a .tar.

Blockquote I don’t have a windows PC to test with, but make sure when you extract compressed archive that you have a folder that should contain each .sql file for each table. You might need to extract the contents again as after the first time you end up with a .tar .

I did run into that issue, and was able to retrieve the actual .sql file. I am still getting the incorrect format error from phpmyadmin.

Is there a CSV format that I can use that is up to date?

Has been a loonngg time since I used MySQL but 2 things usually tripped us up, permissions and data types. phpmyadmin could be a bit finickey so usually we would use the bulk update command line tool instead. This made you consider perms and types properly. Once you get the script/batch right it just works every time.

Ok so it looks like I have no trouble uploading the entire zipped folder, I still don’t know why I was having that error.

I will post back if I find a fix

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.