"Hello User!"

------------------------ ------------------------

“The human body is a marvelous thing, I can’t even begin to describe what about it that I find so fascinating. It’s such a complex entity that I’m only filled with more curiosity and admiration when answers for how it works emerges. I truly believe that this is the most optimal corporal form to experience everything the Maker’s universe has to offer. It is the most defining characteristic of our species, and while many try to flee from the limitations presented to us by it, I will fully embrace said limitations as I see them as just another part of what makes us human.”

• Suha Raibuya

“Hello User!”

April 25th YC 122

H-PA29 IV - Moon 2 - Guristas Assembly Plant, crew cabin of a docked Rattlesnake-class battleship

“What the ■■■■ is this?! This wasn’t here before!”

“Hell you complaining about so verbally this time Ramerus?”

“This ■■■■■■■ pop-up right here! I’m checking out the network to see if anyone is selling some sweet ass cybernetic rigs, and this ■■■■■■■■ message pops up talking about embrace my Imperfections and talking about me having a spirit.”

“Really? Lemme see.”

“Here.”

------------------------------ --------------------------------------

[If you’re looking for cybernetic limbs to replace -LOST- organic limbs, disregard this message]

Hello User!

The Venal Prosperity Network is grateful for you using our application! We pride ourselves in creating a free digital Venal marketplace that enables users to buy what they need and sell what they don’t!

This includes the items in the [Cybernetics&Augmentatios] category. While we will not stand in your way in buying or selling items in this category, we would like to take a moment and express to you the importance of maintaining your human form!

Your body is home to your spirit, a source of your energy, passion and emotion! This spirit is part of who you are and it stretches all throughout your body, from toes to ears.Your body has many glaring shortcomings and flaws when compared to the benefits that cybernetics provide. These imperfections however are another part of your humanity and it should be embraced - not replaced. Do take this message into consideration, consider accepting the imperfections of the human body and keep your spirit intact."

------------------------------- Do you wish to proceed? ---------------------------

----------------------------------- [YES] --------- [NO] ----------------------------------

[*] Don’t show this message again

“Well this is incredibly strange.”

“Right?!”

“And this never showed up before?”

“Never.”

“Well ■■■■, here I thought a message like this only popped up if you go looking for drones.”

“Wait, wait, wait…There’s a pop-up like this if you search for drones?”

“Yeah, I was gonna put an advert up for this medical drone I found in the storage of that Navy outpost we raided last week. Went into the category and got a message about how I should be careful about humanizing drones.”

“The ■■■■? Lemme pull up drones real quick.”

“Go ahead.”

“…Son of a ■■■■■!”

---------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Hello User!

The Venal Prosperity Network is grateful for you using our application! We pride ourselves in creating a free digital Venal marketplace that enables users to buy what they need and sell what they don’t!

This includes the items in the [Drone] category. This message is not here to stand in your way in buying or selling items in this category, however we would take a moment to warn you about the problem of humanizing drones.

Drones are machines, no different than any appliance you deal with on a daily basis. They’re factually not humans no matter how symbolicily similar they can be in design. So called ‘sentience’ among drones is a myth fabricated by confused individuals mistaking malfunctioning equipment as free will.

Do not demean yourself by thinking machinery is your equal, for it is not - drones are tools built and designed to be used by humanity to increase efficiency in select tasks. They feel nothing, think nothing, and most importantly are incapable of harbouring a spirit like you.

If your drone shows signs of malfunctioning, do not attempt to socialize, empathize, or sympathize with it. Please track down a qualified drone technician and seek out repairs immediately.

If you need help finding a drone technician, please refer to the Venal Prosperity Network’s job board and filter out adverts to show only those tagged with [Drone Technician]

------------------------------------------ [Continue] ------------------------------------

[*] Don’t show this message again

“Are the people behind this application high as ■■■■ or something?!”

“Nah Ramerus, goes a little deeper than that.”

“How so?”

“That cartoon mascot, right?”

“Right?”

“It’s designed after a real person…Some ‘Guru’ in N5Y-4N peddling Wayism.”

“That ancient nonsense that the Caldari use as just another prop to promote their ■■■■■■■■ patriotic dribble?”

“Well…Not exactly, my understanding is that she takes Wayism, and gave it a twist that’s more in line with the Gurista way of thinking.”

“■■■■■■■ how?! That pop-up trying to scare me out of getting augmented tells me it ain’t. Does this so-called ‘Guru’ not realize that The Rabbit - you know, the guy in charge of everything right now - is basically a cyborg at this point?”

“I’d argue we don’t have to mold our way of thinking around whatever the Rabbit approves and disapproves of.”

“It’s not about that! It’s about The Rabbit having the right idea! That technology is the way forward and we shouldn’t have to settle with our lame ass flesh and limitations when we can be so much more and push the boundaries! You think all the brilliant ■■■■ he’s creating would be possible if he didn’t augment himself?”

“I think he augmented himself because he was incredibly insecure of his stuttering.”

“I’d be careful with words like that.”

“I’m just being honest.”

“Yeah, well your honesty can probably get you killed real quick if you say that kinda ■■■■ to the wrong people.”

“And who are these wrong people? Rabbit sycophants like you?”

“Damn straight. I ain’t no snitch though, so your disphit opinion is safe with me.”

“Whatever man - if the pop-up triggers you this much, just hit the “Don’t show this again” checkbox and move on with your shopping.”

“I will! To hell this god damn regressive thinking. All this ‘Guru’ wants to do is hold us back.”

2 Likes