Help with building and outfitting a new ship?

SO I’m a returning player but so much has changed. I’m overwhelmed and just want a good ship to get me through, well space alive. I think I’m heading towards T3 missions and I have a Drake but it’s not cutting it so well when it comes up again those big turrets. Anyways are there any good ship designers that wouldn’t mind contacting me in game and taking a look at my API and building me a ship? I will pay well.

Thanks in advance,
Kazack Fang-Wo

1 Like

Do you have any experience working with fitting tools like PYFA or EFT?

Not trying to be “that person” but working through the fitting process yourself will be really helpful in learning not only what works for your skills and play style, but also how to balance the different tradeoffs when it comes to fitting.

Building a good ship on paper is one thing- building one that works for you and you enjoy flying is another :slight_smile:

I’m happy to give suggestions if it would help. For example, what specifically isn’t cutting it for you on your current fit?

2 Likes

I have heard of PYFA and EFT arent they some sort of database to import APIs into? or am I wrong? Ive never used them but I have an API ready to export to ya if ya wanna message me in game.

Kazack Fang-Wo

1 Like

Ah, you’re going to like these :slight_smile:

Both are third-party applications that can import your API and are essentially fitting tools that will allow you to experiment, prepare, and get stats on different fitting scenarios. Here is a link that covers the basics of PYFA (which is updated more frequently and is cross-platform):

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/PYFA

To be clear, I’m not trying to give you a “do it yourself, slacker!” kind of response. Not at all.

Welcome back, and fitting can be a challenging thing to dive into, especially with the recent changes.

But fits are also very personal. Do you want a sniper or brawler? More tank or more gank? Cap stable and conservative, or more on the edge for performance? Cheap or bling? Boring and consistent, or dynamic and variable?

Working through the fitting process is a great way to not only nail down strategy, but plan out your skill path.

And it’s a great way to kill time when a massive update borks the game for a while (not that that ever happens… :wink:)

1 Like

A person in help channel told me to get a gila. others were mean and told me to get a shuttle and pod myself. people, ugh. why they hang in help channel and are mean is beyond me. Anyways would you like to see my API and me give ya my Gila and set it up for me and let me know the ost including your fee?

1 Like

Good questions! I’d like a brawler that is tankish but able to dish out damage just enough that it makes people think twice about taking me on in a long fight. But speed to get away is nice but not a prioridy.I lean towards Cynamic and variable so that I may learn from what you do to it and make changes as I learn. I also like rockets and missles =) Does that help answer the questions? I’m pretty open oh but one thing I had is being web trapped and jammed so I can fire back. ugh.

1 Like

OK, that helps. Where are you running missions? HS, LS, etc.?

What is it about your current fit you don’t like?

Also, remember, PVP and PVE fits will be very different.

1 Like

I dont run mission I find thme to be too mondane so I just fly around looking for gankers mostly. I run a Drake right now and its fine but at time I go for NPC red bases and I get my butt handled to me if I dont warp out soon. SO that I dont like.

1 Like

Want to meet in game to chat? would be easier for me as this webpage shows up all white with white text and very hard to read for me.

1 Like

I’m not able to get on right now, but I will send you a mail when I can.

In the meantime, others may comment as well.

1 Like

ok: in mean time here is my API:

WOLFKAZACK

Kazack Fang-Wo

Character

UPDATEDELETE

Verification Code: 2d9KM2JKFmJyZgWyZASIT7TvnrGRoD9UcZQNyfmBP76tHGweLxbZyyiuPF7fJ6yw

Access Mask: 3381596296

Expires: 2019-03-23

1 Like

OK, Here’s a quick mockup for you to try:

[Drake, Drake fit copy]

Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Shield Power Relay II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Phased Scoped Target Painter
EM Ward Amplifier II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

‘Arbalest’ Heavy Missile Launcher, Scourge Heavy Missile
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hobgoblin I x5

Here’s how it looks in PYFA with your skills:

263 DPS (with drones, you need to work on the missile skills)
1911 volley (with drones)
50.4 k EHP
Passive resists
Cap stable without the MWD
A probe launcher for scanning down DED sites

Now, this is totally a starting point. Depending on what you like, this is very adjustable. There is a lot of tank here, so those rigs could be swapped out for some DPS rigs- totally depends on what you like.

You can copy and past that fit directly into EVE or PYFA and continue to tweak it as you like.

If others want to critique the fit, additional comments are certainly welcome.

1 Like

What kind of missle do I load?

1 Like

Ah, sorry. Scourge Heavies to get the KIN damage bonus. But of course, you could use any kind to apply different damage. Some auto-targeting missiles are also sometimes handy if you get jammed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.