High Sec Ganking

I guess we can call it… the popcorn club. :smirk:

:popcorn:

1 Like

How is this a solution? First off, two of The biggest gank spots are .5 sec system. So nothing would be stopped. Plus there are NPC rats I the belts in.9 systems so you would actually hinder mining in those areas. No missioning in .9 or 1.0 systems and the New player experience would be tough.

Sorry, but yes it sucks to lose stuff to gankers. Learn from this and adapt. Don’t demand change just because you are mad and make sure your change a would actually work, not cause more problems.

1 Like

Ask any ganker how not to get ganked, most will be more than happy to tell you; the permit RP aside most of what CODE. “preach” is common sense if you want to keep your stuff.

Autopilot is a mechanism for sorting the wheat from the chaff, using it for anything but routeplanning is dumb, not fitting a tank is also dumb, putting too much isk on the line is dumber still; doing all 3 at the same time makes you a feckin moron.

3 Likes

I’d like to remind everyone that outside of the heads of a few people who suck at playing this game, suicide ganking is not actually a problem.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t really understand what you’re saying or trying to say in your post, so let’s see if we may clarify it a bit…

What doesn’t make sense? The ‘if you undock, you consent to getting killed’ remark? Sure it makes sense to me, so what exactly is it that doesn’t make sense to you and why? Your post doesn’t make this clear at all…

This is wrong, utterly wrong, but more on that latter…

The real question here is… even if it was true (which again, isn’t)… so what?

Are you saying suicide ganking has to take skill (which, again, it does) for it to make sense and be a valid game mechanic? Are you saying all features that take no skill make no sense and hence should be removed from the game or what?

What activities do you normally do in EVE? Do all of them take skill? Should those that don’t be removed from the game because they don’t make sense either?

What skill does it take to fly a hauler so poorly fitted that it can be 1-shot by someone with no skill?

Clarify, please, because otherwise it’s very difficult to understand what it is exactly that you’re trying to say.

Since it takes no skill, I guess you’d know, without doing any research, (1) how to pick the right ship and fit to do that yourself, (2) how to determine, in the little time you have before a potential target warps away, whether that target is worth ganking, (3) how to loot the wreck and dock before you get killed yourself, (4) how to deal with the kill rights on you that will be awarded to each of your victims, (5) how to deal with the loss of security status you incur with every kill…

That is, without having to do any research, you already know how to do all of that for that particular form of ganking that you seem to be talking about, right? And you’d do it right the first time with no practice needed, right?

I really hope the answer to those questions is yes, because otherwise it would mean you expressed an uninformed opinion about something you don’t really understand… which takes no skill either, you know…

Sorry, what?

Huh? So it really is that you have no idea what you’re talking about then?

Now, let me get this straight… You could have posted asking how to protect yourself from that, and you’d have gotten useful replies telling you how easy it is… but instead you chose to assume that there is nothing you can do about it, so that you can elude self-responsibility and blame others and the game itself for… guess what… your lack of skill… Well done, great post…

What makes you think it shouldn’t? Sorry, but after reading your whole post several times it remains unclear to me what it is exactly that makes you think it doesn’t make sense…

I’m not sure what you mean here either. Are you saying it should work like it does in real life? You know this is a game and things don’t have to be like they’re in RL, right? Not to mention in RL criminals are also punished after committing their crimes… provided they can be identified, caught and proved to be guilty…

So how exactly do you propose criminals should be dealt with in EVE? That would make the game fun to play, I mean, not just “make sense”…

Ah wait… You did propose a “solution”…

So that does make sense to you, then? Do you know of any place in this or any other planet where it is possible to disable the use of weapons?

I have no idea what are you talking about here ^^ …

My thoughts exactly…

1 Like

I think this would be a better idea to counter gankers.

Leaves the gankers guessing and can make high sec safer without forcing weapons green.

Q. Are there statistics that support your statement?
A. No. (That was all I was asking; nothing profound.)

I was teasing you; specifically by looking at your public record to see if you have made a profit via “skillful ganking”. Turns out there was no immediate evidence of any such activity under your Mr Pedro moniker.

Aha! Now that is interesting. It is something largely promulgated on behalf of the “Mighty CODE.” ™ [sic] that they are generating profit. In fact, is it not taken as something of a mantra that unless you (individually or as an alliance) can show a business case for ganking, then CCP would be almost obliged, under its EULA, to accept any tickets against you claiming griefing?

[That’s rhetorical; no answer required as I’m only teasing you again (although, I do note that although the “Mighty CODE.” ™ [sic] claim extortion as their business model, you do not claim any potential profit motive?)]

Thank you!
I usually say that a true sign of greatness is if you can do the complicated look easy.
And have you heard about the Dunning–Kruger effect?

4 Likes

I’ll be overly precise here… It does matter, quite a bit. Those ships are supposed to unerringly get blapped by CONCORD, there is no “if”. CCP has made it excruciatingly clear what happens should one find an if in that system.

Yeah, that is unrealistic for Starfleet, they don’t have the technology to lock down every single aggressing ship and unerringly destroy them while suffering zero losses or damage. If they did, nobody would oppose them… ever. Considering even if the KDF was cloaking and ambushed the freighters they would be there and wipe the grid clean… so, yeah, with you there.

Sure, if you aren’t allowed to do PVE either. ■■■■ ISK faucets.

1 Like

I do you one better. Disable the forum! The only arguably bad thing about ganking is that it is too much fun. It’s composed of fleet action, instant explosions, knowledge of mechanics, incredible winnings, and on top of it all: endless threads of drama that are decorating the forum like victory banners. … And you’ve just created another one.

It’s no surprise that there are more ganks happening, Although I don’t even know any exact numbers. I merely judge by the number of complaints… But with this much fun and drama to be had in high-sec, when high-sec should probably be more boring, and not less boring, and to cause players to seek for fun in low- and null-sec, how can one not see that ganking is becoming a major attraction for all of EVE?

If it didn’t already have destroyers and tier 3 battlecruisers then CCP would have to invent a ship only for ganking, because of how attractive it has become. There is little more to say than that.

If the KDF sent their entire fleet on a suicide mission, uncloaked at earth and started shooting, Starfleet would take a huge amount of time rallying a proper defense fleet. Ships dont instantly appear anywhere in the galaxy, and they would have to draw in a lot of different fleets from different sectors in order to do a combined defensive.

And this is true for the real world, too. Police are dispatched AFTER a crime has occured, not before. Why? Because police cannot be everywhere, all the time, 24/7.

You should be happy that EVE does not require you to “Call it in” in order to get Concord to your location.

Suicide ganking is still on an all time low. The numbers have been presented on the forums quite a few times. Scipio Artelius worked through zKill. The complaints exist, because they try to make a non-issue look like an actual one, just like afk cloaking.

The amount of complaints is insignificant and not in relation to the amount of suicide ganks happening. For this to be a thing, hundreds of people would need to fill the forum with threads.

Ain’t gonna happen.

1 Like

One post removed, and One post Unhidden from false flagging.

1 Like

I’m just gonna skip the rest of the thread and get straight to the point.

As an experienced industrialist who mined ore for hours on end, hauled expensive ■■■■ on a regular basis like a nomad, and even went as far as participating in and preparing against high-sec suicide ganks, I can assure you that suicide ganking in high-sec is not that big of a deal. They are almost 100% avoidable if you at least pay attention to local and pick up on any bizarre changes in local traffic.

There is also the fact that there are intel channels that alert you of certain activity happening in specific systems like Uedama, Jita, Niarja, Balle, etc. which can help you plan accordingly. If you have to rely on a third party to carry the goods for you safely, there is always Red/Green Frog or PushX or any other reputable services if you don’t feel safe hauling the goods yourself if you’re hauling.

As for mining, I keep an eye on local and try avoid systems that look too busy for miners as they might attract gangs like CODE. I also become quite nomadic which made me able to dodge the vast majority of suicide ganks. It’s very rare that I lose my Mackinaw and by then I have already earned enough ISK to cover the loss or I already have a backup.

With experience and time, I have learned that suicide ganks are almost 100% preventable. I say “almost” because if a gang really wants your ship to go boom no matter what, they will find you unless you make it not worth their time anymore like I do. I have ganked miners myself so I know how to handle gankers.

As for the undock, that’s avoidable too if you take some time to setup an instant-warp point to make undocking safer.

PS: So stop being lazy and start paying attention to your surroundings.

2 Likes

You forgot to add, if you get tagged by a lone frig scanning you, dock up immediately, do not pass gate, do not collect 200 corvette bot gankers and everything’s gonna be ay ok. :slight_smile:

So you don’t know the exact numbers either, but only know about somebody else’s findings. Well, this sort of thing happens everyday.

My personal impression though is ganking got more popular. I see CODE ganking in a fleet far away from market hubs all -9.0 or -10.0, but I see them ganking near the hubs and travel choke points, too. It even appears they’re using multi-boxing for it now. I also see a lot of Goons as well as members of Red Frog at the choke points (not sitting in freighters, but watching). That, too, is a sign of activity. Only a week ago did I lose a courier with Red Frog due to gank. I also see red blinking chars in local in one out of five systems these days. Many often not being members of alliances, but nonames. I see players near hubs and in 0.9 systems trying to gank, and failing at it, but obviously wanting to get into it.

This just of the top of my head. I’m not sitting with pen and paper at my desk and take names… I look for signs of ganking, because that’s just smart for moving cargo, and I do see more signs on my routes than I did perhaps 1-2 years ago. So I cannot say it’s on an all time low, even when it could be. Somebody else can have the opposite impression, and it still doesn’t make it the truth.

The only reason ever to get worried about ganking is when it happens to one repeatedly, after one has adjusted to it and gotten smarter each time. Then perhaps a complete change of activity, ships and area might be necessary, which shouldn’t be a reason to be sad. EVE has so much to offer… Apart from this does it not really matter if it is one or one million ships that are being ganked.

1 Like

This is just one of the posts I have found just by googling. There are more recent ones as well, but you could just put effort into it and look for them yourself. Not that you will … just like most people won’t. As usual.

Your personal impression matters zero. Even if there was ten times more suicide ganking happening, it would still not be a problem, because it is not a problem for anyone except those who are not smart enough to take precautions. Natural selection at its finest.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Exactly. So does your need for numbers. Or say, why are numbers so important to you? Have you figured it out yet why you care for them? It is only your ship, which needs to survive and not a number of them. You don’t need to care for those.

1 Like

“Man, why do you care about the numbers?” …
… said no chemist, mathemagician, architect, baker, etc …
… ever.

You know who does not care about accurate numbers and data?

Ignorant and dumb people.

vOv

3 Likes