High Sec the New Renter's Space

Ok. It explains something… Also… It remains on the issue for me.

you can use structure deposit into citadel to make items theirs, or so it seems.

that’s nonsense, a few stations is not all of their assets. the income alone from 1000 people ratting and mining without disruption would dull down them few station losses to the point that they’d be like losing a few well fit frigates. hell just build more, it only took a few weeks to gather the resources needed for the last ones.

so is this the logic now.

own a station means your corp is rich ( all assets :eyes: ) can be war decced.

not owning a station means your corp is poor. can’t have war declared on them.

if you own a poco, you’re now rich and can be war deced, hahahahahaha I’m sorry i know this is serious but the logic behind these war dec changes make zero sense and don’t seem to be thought out very well.

yes we want more people to come into EVE and stay. what we shouldn’t want or have is a PVP stale highsec. so many new guys will never feel the need to protect themselves or learn how to protect themselves or their mates, sure nobody can attack you now once you don’t own a (your rich now and can be decced) structure

complete and utter poppycock.

Teach me how you can protect yourself when a corporation ten times bigger than yours bashes your structures.
The answer is : you can’t. so your post is full of bull ■■■■. You pretend people should feel the need to defend themselves, but all they feel is they can’t defend themselves. And that’s the same feel for HK in their wh. So what ? people should never have dropped any structure? I say bullshite.

OK right now people ransom you to put structures in HS.
what’s the next step ? people ransom you to undock from a station in HS ? Because that’s exactly what will happen. People already ransom you to mine in a belt.

1 Like

Why own something you can’t defend then?

Lmao

Note the rigs, they are serious assets.

As for other comments

He could not defend it? Perhaps he should not have owned it? :rofl:

This too:

2 Likes

You can. You can deliver items to another player without their consent which can appear on a killboard if I structure is exploded in a wormhole.

While I am all for killboards being as accurate as possible, I am not sure how to stop this. Adding a step to accept deliveries seems to me the only way, but that adds extra tediousness for every delivery. Perhaps CCP could exclude items in a delivery hanger from killmails, although that gives a tool for players to hide items from a killmail by transferring them to an alts delivery hanger. And even then, a ship could be exploded if it dropped generating a killmail. Maybe the ownership of all items in delivery hangers and transferred ships could be set to the corporation that owns the structure or something until boarded or moved into another hanger?

In any case, I think we are going to have to live with this loophole as it is pretty low priority problem.

But this is off-topic. The bottom line is every player-owned structure has to be open to attack. It’s a core idea of the game. There will be no war-immune structures, or at least none that aren’t open to some form of other attack like say Mobile Depots and MTUs are. This is how it always has been (and always will be) so I don’t see why people think there will be a massive change. You could always use wars for extortion and it never made structure deployment impossible in highsec. Maybe more players will take up the activity and there will be need for balance tweaks, but it’s at a minimum too early to conclude that.

I am really happy that CCP has now given players a choice that allows them to stay out of wars as long as they forgo deploying a structure in space. More ability for players to play the way they are comfortable with. But if they decide to build your dream, the other players get to try to wreck it - it’s the social contract we all agreed to when we enter this full-time PvP sandbox.

Maybe one day soon we will get those player-owned FOBs that were mentioned at fanfest, FLEX structures that are cheaper and faster to deploy/undeploy for the smallest groups and solo players to use who cannot afford to risk a medium Upwell structrue. But they too will still be open to attack, like everything else player-created in New Eden.

Might as well link the whole BR showing he was by himself Vs only 13 guys.

My point still applies, if you can’t defend a structure, don’t own one til you can.

Inb4 some edgy comment/edit plus some goalpost changing (again)

They could not defend it, perhaps they should not have owned it, it is a structure after all. So much for your vapid comments.

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon where does the line stop when it comes to insults?

Kinda tired of the bs posts and edits by @Dracvlad for the last many many posts

What good is it to bring good arguments and counters if you’re going to get called names over it? Nothing constructive has come from his side of the argument. Only derogatory comments.

Everyone who’s so jaded about these changes have the wrong attitude, it’s seems like a careful good balance so folks can play in their social corporations or they decide to put a structure down and join Eve’s big game. You don’t like where highsec is headed? Then adapt or quit already you junkie

4 Likes

Absolutely spot on. When I stopped subbing for a brief period I did not come anywhere near the forums, but I am very excited at the change possible in hisec, so decided to come back earlier to do a challenging thing in Faspara followed by talking to people in hisec to develop a change in attitude. Early days, but there are interesting possibilities here.

@Dom_Arkaral
There is an edit facility on the forums, I correct my grammer and spelling and clean up the meaning of my posts and add additional data like the Keepstar loss mail above. I happen to have turned off the notification, you should do the same if it bothers you so much.

I was avoiding replying to you, you posted a reply in the War dec thread to another player but wrote it in such a way that it was aimed at me. I ignored it. You then come in here and then make a direct comment calling my views pathetic. I find your posts lacking any substance or detail, they are in my opinion point scoring look at me posts and done to wind me up. And as soon as I point out how wrong your post is with an example you go off the wall.

Please stop stalking me and trying to get me banned from the forums. I want nothing to do with you so stop harassing me, is it that difficult to do.

4 Likes

You do me too much honor. I could never beat you at being obnoxious.

1 Like

To deliver items, you must have the docking access to the specified citadel, right?

No. You can deliver or items remotely (if they are already in the structure), or now in person, without having docking rights, even to a completely private citadel.

You were the one who replied to me above first, up until that point I had totally ignored you.
I ask you again to stop stalking me. Up until you calling me pathetic I ignored you completely.

Note that it is a snipe, I have a whole folder full of them from the past five (three to four years, it seems like longer) years including the war dec discord following on from your last attempt to besmirch my good name by your previous and false allegation of harassment. Here I detail your attempt to bait post me in the war dec dev thread.

Nevyn was talking about structures only and is not doing anything in terms of developing people to fight back in hisec, the post you put up is directly beneath my post and refers to my intentions in game.

Action is now being taken and I ask you again to stop harassing me on these forums.

3 Likes

you are spamming the thread with your insults.

@ISD_Fractal can you prevent him from polluting the forums with his relentless aggression ?
His only goal when posting here is to wreck topics, insult people, all in all to behave like a spoiled kid.

Is this correct related to delivery items?

• it just pushes the item in question to a players own hangar.
  • it just takes something from corp inventory to a member’s inventory. It has fewer steps than a contract and no fees. It doesn’t require them to be online or to accept. Quick easy dirty, but no paper trail.
  • It is a halfway house between a private contract and a direct player trade and very much a quality of life improvement that was needed. Primarily for passing items between friends and corp mates in the same station (Citadel) that don’t need the protection of a full contract. Especially when something is being given, without anything being expected in return. It can be done between individuals as well as from corp hangers
  • If you “deliver to” the item doesn’t move - it simply goes into the deliveries hangar in the same structure for the recipient.

Is it possible “to deliver” items to another corporation Citadel situated in another system?

Yes, if you have the items in the Citadel already.

Here’s the thing though… you can keep your productive characters out of the holding corp. The only characters that need to be within it are a CEO which can be an alpha account and a pile of alpha accounts where each real player of the corp puts together one combat alpha clone that skill trains into Ferox or Canes and a couple additional utilities like damp frigates.

Sure if you want to use station guns you’d need one paid account with a few permissions on hand… but it high sec space you don’t have bombs or point defense usable anyways! Plus with the nerfs to the station point even that isn’t terribly useful. You genuinely can do “well enough” by getting 30+ nerds into some flavor of alpha or volley fleet and having pre-set pings and a couple fast frigates for burning new pings and which can pull double duty by also applying things like damps from range while doing that.

Plus with how cheap Raitarus are… why not just keep placing new ones in system the moment they aren’t paying attention? Unless they want to camp the system 23/7 for weeks on end eventually they will get very very bored of shooting the same darn structure in the same stupid system multiple times a month.

3 Likes