Highsec Ganking Dead - Are you happy now?

You should really read the dev blog.

EVE is not made for casual players, so that’s fine.

It clearly happens.

In your opinion as a biomassed character. It’s curious that the people calling for omega only on the forum haven’t called you out for posting on a character that no longer exists.

Supply and demand. Would gankers have quit if someone bought up all the tags earlier? They wouldn’t because sec status didn’t matter, and that’s what CCP have changed. They made it matter just a little more.

3 Likes

Sadly it’s gonna keep decreasing as they slowly keep taking away player emergent gameplay.

What’s ironically funny to me is the peeps behind this change think it’ll be good for long term for the game.

It won’t be :smiley:

We already seen what happens. But nothing lasts forever too. There are other games out there that are much the same.

Will EVE end tomorrow? Of course not. But will it be true to what it has been? Most likely not either.

It already isn’t true to what it has been. What line have they not crossed yet?

Local chat in nullsec.

Well they tried, but we know how it ended.

True. Sad to see really.

Well, not as sad as a dude alt cycling on the forums and trying to pretend he isn’t Grampy Box Boy but

Sigh, don’t get me started on how I wish blackout was everywhere :smiley:

1 Like

Blackout is everywhere for you, that’s the benefit of never logging in.

2 Likes

There goes all the users at a Internet cafe, or people stuck behind carrier grade NAT.

No doubt a bunch of alts run by bored null players waiting for a ping to cyno, titan bridge or a blops drop to kick off between structure bashes and entosis wanding.

Nobody is going to agree on the definition for this.

Who would do such a thing and why? Perhaps to demonstrate the error in making absurd statements like ‘PVP impacts everyone, even if you do not undock because x market, blah blah blah’ as the dead do not PvE or PvP.

It would have been better if CCP modified the security status changes, waited a bit, checked the results, then implemented alpha account non-green safety change. Too often CCP bundles changes together and its hard to see what the impact of each is, like with DBS and MESS. At least DBS is mostly undone, still have to figure out what the point is with MESS when there are so many reserve banks that are stuffed with cash and nobody caring to open them.

Aaaaarg ( or whatever they are name is ) would still be sitting in a thrasher on a citadel tether warping down to the gate to blow up a rookie ship.

This statement sounds familiar. Where was this before. Ah. Remember ‘Blackout’ and how it was going to be ‘so good’ for PvP because now those ‘krabs’ would not have free intel of local?

For all the hype, the PvE player just looked at the changes, logged off and stayed logged off, as there is nothing emergent about the gameplay of getting dunked on by a bunch of randoms. Hell, even the PvP crowd hated it because they did not want to fight each other and got upset everything was either under super umbrella or nano kitey crap that was unengageable.

It might seem backwards to get more people in EVE by removing gameplay, though those who can recognise the more toxic elements within EVE will see the merit.

2 Likes

I wonder if they managed to earn more money with that alpha ganking nerfs.

I already had 2 omegas and I didn’t subbed/plexed more - I simply accepted I won’t be as efficient. And I stopped paying completely - no char transfers, no subbing anymore.

The one guy I had in my corp who was alpha (he said he is nullsec player and this is his alt when he is bored) didn’t subbed either, he just stopped playing (that alt). What little I heard from safety was along the same lines - they didn’t sub those alt, either stopped ganking or are ganking on their omega accounts with previously non-gank toons.

The rest gankers were omega already.

Some of the gankers I was speaking with the other day in fleet were saying that they buy more weekend packs now.

1 Like

Sadly I wasn’t here for blackout but I’d loved it :smiley:

I love WHs for the same reason.

I mean I love me my blaster rax. The nano meta makes me sad.

Is it toxic tho? The only people dying to ganks were bad at the game. It was a skill issue, not a mechanics issue.

That is the ultimate goal. But then if I had my druthers, we’d only be able to have 1 omega account anyways and no alphas :smiley:

I have to say I’ll never understand that mindset where people think that PvE players are the targets and that making it easier to catch PvE players will result in more, jucier targets. The opposite is true. For more targets you need jucier bait. Like these Christmas sites, we’ve been roaming all over lowsec finding blingy players farming these sites, targets everywhere, it’s been great.

1 Like

Its worth adding that nobody is going around deliberately looking for <30 day old noobs. Gank comms is usually full of stuff like ’ Retriever in Piekura, Mackinaw in Isanamo’ and so on. People seldom even look at the age of the pilot. Its a lot of boredom punctuated by a few minutes of setting up and a few seconds of frantic activity. If the pilot is in a 0.5 system then they are fair game. It is only afterwards that I see I took part in ganking a 15 day old account. And even then…one has no way of knowing if this person is a genuine noob or an alt account of an older player.

1 Like

99% it is never a new player LOL.

Well…mathematically one can argue that most ‘noobs’ are not new. I mean, I had one genuinely new character 15 months ago…but since then I have created 8 other characters at various intervals, not one of which was genuinely under 30 days old. As most people have alts, or at the very least use all 3 of the characters in one account, it stands to reason that most under 30 day old accounts are alts of older players.

The trouble is that I doubt CCP even know who is genuinely under 30 days old.

They are almost always alts LOL.

Never feel bad for killing the 3 day old “nub” in SAK.

He’s not 3 days old :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s worth also adding that expendable Alpha alts exist for the sole purpose of exploring low and null and getting blapped without it showing on the killboard of one’s main. In fact I have explored null way more in such accounts than I have in this one. Thus all the ’ oh the poor noob getting blapped by the bullies’ stuff is misleading as a lot of such accounts are expendable alts precisely for that purpose.

As MacGybo pointed out, 15% of all his kills were ‘one day old noobs’…carrying more than 400m ISK worth of stuff ( his gank level ). Gawd…at 1 day old all I had was the 15m ISK some kind person in Rookie Help gave me…lol.

Everyone is a potential target. There is no sign above you that says ‘PvE Player’. What’s more, you cannot draw some absolute distinction between PvE and PvP. That hauler taking stuff back to corp HQ is ultimately hauling stuff that will be part of that corp’s PvP strength. Same goes for the miner. Everyone is engaged in some or other process whose end is combat…and you cannot unthread the PvE from the PvP. Which makes everyone a legitimate target.

It is sad that CCP seem to now need reminding of that.

1 Like

He knows this.

His ultimate aim is to just be able to AFK his goods thru high sec.

1 Like

gankers have turned out to be bigger babies than miners

1 Like

We’re all gamers. We are all manchildren in someone’s eyes.

2 Likes