HiSec Moon Mining Created Content for Me

you need a ship near by with a fleet hanger and just transfer the ore

1 Like

Exactly! And the target ship doesn’t flag suspect, on the ship that moves the items. (Don’t tell CCP!)

UPDATE 15.8.YC116

The intel I had access to regarding moon scheduling has gone dark. Their stations have removed my docking rights and disappeared from the contextual menu.

Luckily, I had all the locations bookmarked and had copied and pasted their schedule to Notepad.

Unfortunately, it seems that they are no longer running any moon drills.

I popped next door to mine some Brilliant Gneiss from a different organization’s moon field. They tried bumping, but Mining Pattern Delta (see above: Porpoise + orbiting + tractor beams) instantly defeated them. They tried suicide ganking one of the Procurers with a single Catalyst. The pilot trying to bump me boasted in Local “that’s okay, I have friends on the way.”

2 hours later nobody showed up.

In other news, I lost a cloaked Anathema in a safe spot to Triglavians. VERY interesting.

1 Like

You’re certain it was cloaked?

My reason for asking is this: I’ve flown cloaked ships around the Trigs, and my impression is, at least, occasionally, some of the Trig entities, do seem to sense “cloaked” ships.

Absolutely.

I’m not complaining, I think it’s really cool. Adds more danger and risk.

Maybe this means CCP plans on implementing some kind of “cloak dissipation” module.

1 Like

Yes Ive had similar incidents.

They seem to accidently on purpose kinda wander over

1 Like

Someone noted that they do head towards you if you click on them in the overview or look at them while cloaked. I have not tested that myself. But if this is the case, cool beans…

Now that is what I would do. The CEO is looking to wait you out. If he has other moons in other locations then he will go there. The good thing is this:

If you had followed them to another system you might have got a rap on the knuckles from the GM’s.

Does that count for corps and alliances as well as individual players?

(The last paragraph)

SMALL UPDATE

On a side note, and mostly unrelated, I was sitting on an unanchoring Athanor. I had a feeling it would pop today, as I’ve been watching it for almost a week now. I set the corp Neutral so they’d show up grey (cuz that’s how I have my Overview settings done) and I noticed their Director logging in and out. I had an aligned hauler.

The Athanor popped and I warped my hauler to the scoop bookmark, but I couldn’t scoop it. Attempts to scoop just resulted in a beeping sound. There was a cargo container so I set my safety yellow - and scooped an Astrahaus. Is it possible that you can’t scoop unanchored structures without going suspect? I’ll have to look into this.

I mean, I guess it’s kind of a grey area. I am “at war” with them, so to speak. Well, engaged in a conflict, at least. And I am profiting from the mining. I suppose you could say that I need a stated “end goal” to the conflict. I’m enjoying the wonderful and creative content that’s emerging from our interactions, so I don’t think it would be inaccurate to say that I’m enjoying the conflict for the sake of the conflict.

Can we get a GM, ISD, or CCP ruling on this?

Is hunting a group of players to mine their resources different from hunting a group of players to blow their ships up?

1 Like

It is a good question, I have wondered that myself.

You are not at war with them, you have no war dec in.

It is a grey area that is for certain. But the fact that you went next door and jumped on another groups moon ore would likely protect you.

By the way me saying this does not mean that I think you should be in trouble if you did, as far as I am concerned once you have decided to be some ones enemy it is open season.

2 Likes

True, but I can’t WarDec them. The corp with all their mining characters in it doesn’t own any structures.

Interesting… Is being ineligible for a War Dec combined with this rule to some sort of conflict shield?

Some say “Yes! Working as nintendoed!”

Some say “No! This is EvE! Read closer!”

Some say life here began… out there

Others say there are still brothers of man, fighting for survival, searching for a bright, shining planet…

Called Earth

2 Likes

Wondering if this “new” Triglavian ability to uncloak and destroy afk cloaked ships is a testbed of sorts for further NS content. Going to have to try some HS cloaking test with the Triglavians to determine better what their abilities may be.

3 Likes

I don’t mind having to be actively at the keyboard to cloaky camp.

You can always uncloak and safelog. They have no way of knowing if you’re online or offline either way! (Unless they catch you on DScan and make guess - but still, no way to know for sure unless they happen to be in the same chat channel as you).

1 Like

Id be very interested in the data.

I havent replicated the “Look at them and be seen”, but accidently on purpose wandering I definately have seen.

Now, Id like to point out that in the past Ive seen rats do that too, but there was no pattern and it didnt always happen.

2 Likes

Yeah, me too. Anytime I think I discover a new ability/habit, I run across an example or 2 that doesn’t fit my hypothesis. Just thinking that CCP could develope this AI to combat afk cloaking and then modify local in null to be delayed. This allows active players to respond and avoid the uncloakers, as well as perhaps placate a small section of some NS players. Let us know what you discover.

1 Like

Will do.

Ive a couple of theories myself, but I think we all need more data before we can say anything.

CCP, you cunning devil

1 Like

Absolutely brilliant thread! Keep up the good work OP!!

As someone who used to gank miners and had some fun around moons and their mining fleets myself here is a tip: The Orca is an absurdly overpowered ship, use it to your advantage. If you find another one of those jetcan miners, warp the Orca on top with the loot ship and just load everything into the fleet hangar. But it does not end there, it also has a nice maintenance array which happily fits a command ship or something you can switch to if someone should engage your suspect looter.

I always used a Venture as a loot ship as this is another ridiculously overpowered cheap mining ship and since miners always feel sorry for themselves and think they got only crappy ships they will happily engage it. It also makes it easy to warp out if the engagement is not in your favor. Just tank the thing a bit.

1 Like

Hostilities against any group of players, formal or informal, has never been considered harrassment in the past, so unless CCP wants to change their policy, this is firmly black and white, non-harassment even if you follow them from system to system.

There are some qualifications of course, CCP has been deliberately vague on what actually constitutes harrassment. Past precedent seems to be that any in-game, in-space actions are fine and you only run into trouble when any smacktalk or verbal taunting or antagonism goes beyond the context of the game, into real-world stuff.

A petition for clarification would give you a more definitive answer, GMs rarely weigh in in a forum thread like this.

I’m greatly enjoying this story, Xuixien, keep doing what you do. I’ll be munching popcorn over here in the corner. Oh and yes, scooping a citadel that doesn’t belong to you in highsec does make you a suspect, I found that one out myself not long ago.

1 Like