Historical Record: TS-F 'Nexus Releases'

Nexus Release 15 : Marriage/Mating and Relationships

UI-ID: 486f7720646f20796f7520646f3f.071123299-CALDETtsfSecretary:RaakelClaramond:RaakelClaramond

My name is Raakel Claramond and I am the Underseer’s secretary.
The following is a document I’ve been requested to assemble and release to the Capsuleer division.
May you find it beneficial.

The name of the mating game

In our Foundations, the distinctions between intimate love, familial kinship, primal attraction, and intellectual courtship are quite thin. Love is no simple creature, it is an ongoing process that one tends to like any garden. We nurture it within ourselves, laboring to bring healthy fruit we can enjoy with each other.

Whether you follow Amarrian marriage, Gallentean Civil Union, Caldari Civil Contract, Minmatar Bonding, or whatever derivative your culture practices, formalized unification with a loved one is important to people. In Outsider society, it’s often thought of as the closest connection a person can have with another. We know this not to be true for the new paths we have created cast aside this singular approach.

For Outsiders, it’s simplest to explain as we do not formalize relationships in general. We keep genetic records and blood line data in order to monitor gene pool health, but otherwise leave organization to the people. Families, friends, associations and so on, are all fluid and constantly changing. The only constant is our kin-like regard for each other.

It is here I find it difficult to explain without seeming to be … insensible. We are not raised, nor do we believe in, the idea of preferring one over another. As a simplistic example: a man and a woman may be ‘together’ as Outsiders understand it, but this togetherness doesn’t affect the rest of the unity. We defer decisions and respect to those we believe better suited for it, and we may suggest ourself as appropriate for a situation … but we don’t do so out of a sense of ‘favoritism’. We do so because it is perceived as the most efficient way.

To put it another way, now that I am thinking much too hard about it, we don’t practice ‘emotional logic’. When we are in a serene state of mind, we can make logical decisions that are the most efficient. When we are emotionally compromised, we jeopardize what may be the best way to take action. Others will have to think in our stead, but they do so to help us through the troubled times. This approach greatly helped us survive the great invasion a century ago…

Ah, now I am sidetracking myself. I hope this provides a clear enough picture for you Capsuleers on how courtship functions in our Foundations. We are as open as possible on the subject because we greatly treasure love in all its forms. Our love for the Master, our love for each other, our love for life, and so forth.