How old was you when you first played eve?

I started Eve last year when I was 71. I’d been thinking about trying it for a while, but all my ‘online’ time for the last 10 years was taken up by virtual world activities. When the virtual world I was most active in collapsed I ‘took the plunge’ into Eve instead, and haven’t regretted it for a single moment since :smiley:

5 Likes

This my wife understands.

2004-01 here so i was… ehmm 21

1 Like

I started Eve in June 2007 when I was 48 years old. Yup, I’m 60+ now.

4 Likes

Awesome, good few years of EVE for me yet!

idk i grew out of this game when i was like 12

I was 45 back in 2003 when I started ahh they were the days eve has not changed for the best

1 Like

2009, when I lived in Ithaca and someone I knew introduced me. Started playing it seriously a couple of years later.

Paul if you’re out there, EVEMail me. You’ve ruined my life and I have words for you.

1 Like

There’s a certain CCP community manager I’ve been warned not to refer to by name, who happens to have the name of a certain someone you might have met in Ithaca.

1 Like

What was it? Second life? Or is that still alive?

No, I was with the second-biggest virtual world for 8 years, until it went bust. Second Life is still going, but virtual worlds are in the past for me now I’ve found Eve :smiley:

Eve is in our blood… whatever you say.

So? What was it?

Sounds a bit like my experience, once I tried the games people were telling tales of, I ceased being so active in SL (or the SL look-alikes)
I was only 47 when I first tried EVE.

Sorry, would make me easier to identify in RL.

i was 20 when i started in 2005, eve was 2 back then

You were part of the second biggest virtual world for eight years, but to name it would mean it would be easy to find out your name.
Interesting.
Were you’re the only person in that virtual world? Or did you make it yourself?

2 Likes

I started playing the day after my 33rd birthday in June 2007.

No, I didn’t make it myself, but I was in it very early on, and I was pretty well known there for a number of reasons.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: