How to disable aura?

Correct.

So you should not make remarks like this anymoreā€¦

Same hereā€¦

Oh lord, youā€™re aā€¦a funny guy, made my day.

no ?
and now ?

Why not just run through the quick tutorial. get a free frigate, close to 50k Sp and go about your day. took me maybe 15 min at the most to run through it. thats another good way to get aura to not pop up.

1 Like

itā€™s a bit strange getting the tutorial on a 210m sp toon, as above, no question mark on the aura thing

You can try the ā€œReset Settingsā€ menu in the ESC-menu and reset it all.

If it doesnā€™t help then you can try to remove or rename the settings directory and let the game create a new one:

.../Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/c_program_files_(x86)_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility/settings/

I.e. renaming it into settings-old/ will let you keep the content and the client will create a new settings/ directory. This will reset all window positions and you may possibly have to save your overview settings first and reload them afterwards.

Thatā€™s the original Aura voice. The current one is 2.0 and like most things 2.0 (web 2.0 for example) itā€™s way worse than 1.0.

1 Like

Thank you for all of the answers above.

Useless. No matter what I do, Aura keeps popping up.
Trash

It appears i can drag the icon around like a system. Can the add a trash can for me to drop it into?

I mean, aura is trash.
I do not want to see that crap at all. Is there a frakking setting for that?

1 Like

It does seem like the question mark disappears once you start the missions, and you can no longer skip.

Would be fun if we could drag and drop hostile spaceships into that trash can as well. :recycle: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t got the question mark to remove it either.

Aura is horrendous to the gaming experience and far too intrusive for those that donā€™t want it

I just donā€™t get why CCP has to push these new features on to the player base without considering just maybe some proportion of players wonā€™t want it

Iā€™ll be waiting for the update to make it easier to turn offā€¦

1 Like

The joke here is that Aura is for the disabled.

Auto-renew your subscription works the same way. If you can find a way to turn it off, no matter. Next month it will turn itself back on.

1. Open the Agency window she points to
  2. Select the new combat training thing.
  3. Enjoy an aura free EVE again
1 Like

So itā€™s trueā€¦ They didnā€™t get rid of the Cockroach, they just took away our ability to Link it. I used to have a Notepad full of old ship links, like the Cockroach, and the various Jovian ships.