How to unbork FW megathread

Rewards based on rank won’t work until they fix mission or remove rank association with running FW missions, as you can easily become a General within a day of grinding lvl 4’s.

Changing defensive plexing is still the best way to go, imo. Pilots can farm oplex, but clearing rats will always call for high dps fits that would require damage mods in place of warp core stabs.

I suggested once that maybe the structure could be destructible and you can build defensive plexing around this. All around, defensive plexing is very lame and boring for anyone to do. It encourages AFK play by its very nature, even more than mining does, as you are required to do absolutely nothing but sit there within 30km of the button.
Another idea would be to create some kind of high bounty enemy npc rat, similar to Clone soldier rats, who’s worth is determined by the upgrade level of that system, which could help bring contestation levels down.

I am not a fan of PvE solutions. I’d prefer a phase which the iHub could enter that drops 20% off the contested level of the system, but if it is attacked during this phase, the opposite occurs and 20% is added to contested level. An new option added in the hub’s donation UI. The amount of LP required should be the total amount of LP of every offensive plex combined at the current level of your tier. The time it takes to begin and remain targetable I will leave open to debate, but it should send out some kind of visible notification to anyone undocked within FW space, imo.

I am actually suggesting a different range of ranks or tiers or passes for access. The current useless rankings doesn’t do the actual FW content creators and players justice.

So I am suggesting a different form of L.P. store access passes that is based on the players efforts. Not the current rankings which is kind of wasted on Venture ‘capitalists’.

1 Like

The Golden Serpentent
I don’t agree, there’s too much stuff to learn about aligning, warp core stabs are a necessary training tool in the beginning. And it doesn’t make any sense to restrict them. I like Eve to be realistic, the only way you could get rid of warp core stabs is if both sides of the conflict agreed, through Concord that they would not be used.

There are ways to lock down a stabbed ship, if I scrub like me can do it, then, well…

Are you serious? Aligning takes all of 30 seconds max to figure out. Stabs should go and the pretense that they benefit new players is total BS. They benefit only the risk averse, afk or bot using farmer. A new player would be far better off getting directed to join a player corporation and being shown how to fit, plex and fight by those who are more experienced.

Exactly. I’m still new enough to remember what it’s like to be new in Eve and new to faction warfare. Even though a joined a corp, there was still a tremendous amount of downtime where there was no way I could fly the only viable solo frigate in the game effectively: the worm. The only thing I COULD do is plex and run when my corp was offline.

Limiting rewards to people who earn killmails as a group - that I could go for. But there should be more encouragement after enlisting made to join a FW corp. Just a little note that says “Hey this is a lot easier if you join a corp. Ask in militia chat.”

1 Like

Just out of interest is the title of this thread meant to be unblock not unbork ?

Hi 07,

So yeah FW could be so much better. I liked Flyinghotpocket’s suggestions.

More use of AI in faction warfare space. This could be in building forces in highly contested regions, building of ship yards linking to increased NPC numbers in secure systems. Maybe link NPC’s to gate camps kills and have appropriate responses. I’m fine with pirates gate camping by the way, however, from a game-play perspective it could be better. Pirates camp a gate kill a FW pilot, the navy would respond. Send a few ships to investigate, maybe they die so they send a few more. That way gate camps have to be a bit more discerning on who and what they kill. (I.e. Do i kill this 7 day old noob in his slasher? Or do I wait for an actual target?).

Orbiting button is dry and tedious, missions reward the wrong type of player, and the wrong type of play style for a ‘warzone’ dynamic. Mix the two add some AI to spice it up. Have the extra plexs that hotpocket describes the t1 BS the t1 BC, split them 3 ways one where you gotta do an entosis type deal, one where you have to hack the ■■■■ out of something, one where you kill some NPC with similar difficulty to the burner type missions.

The stabbed farmer alt’s must be removed, the only way to do that is by introducing new more interesting dynamics to the ‘scoring’ system of FW. I get a lot of fights, it is my main purpose in Eve to find interesting fights, however, there is nothing I hate more than spending two hours after getting in from work chasing around 26 different toons all with the same Chinese ship name from Iesa to Todifraun and not fire a shot in anger.

If you want Warp core stabs to have a place in FW fine, maybe keep a section of mission running limited to courier missions for war efforts.

Get rid of tiers, get rid of Ihub bashes. The final fight for a system should be a giant AI led Cluster*&%$ of epic proportions. CCP can deliver that, you’ve done it in wormholes you’ve done it in DED site and you’ve done it for
Incusions.

EvE is such a rich game, with so many possibilities, and yet FW has all the complexity and charm of half baked tofu.

Hopefully CCP will listen to the likes of Tristan and Hotpocket, hopefully they will ignore the endless mewlings of the large null sec entities who from its inception and until today make FW and simple extension of null sec e-peen comparisons.

Fly Reckless,

Xi

I think the hubs are fine as they are, mechanics wise. Their rewards should be higher by two zeroes, imo.

Plexing is ok offensively. Deplexing is where the problem is. Doing it as a necessity to keep home systems down and farmers taking advantage and not having to equip anything to them or even pay attention. It really requires less attention than mining, for goodness sakes man. I don’t want to change the way they work. I would like to change how dplexing pays out. This would solve the farmer problem as a whole mostly. Just look at the past two days of activity in Vlill in our wz. These bring fights and keep them going in a great way. And hubs escalate those same fights while micro battles continue to happen in the plexes at the same time during a bash. Those are good things.

Make alliances choose a faction when they are created. This will drive more players to content that includes both null and FW. It will prevent blue donuts. It will make hisec much more interesting.

Do you understand factional warfare is like being in a mutual and everlasting war? New players are just not ready for that imo. Not even most null bears. High sec becomes the most dangerous space to be in.

Nope, it was meant to be unbork.

Any update on where we are, Tristan? Last thing I heard was the change about Citadel anchoring on close range to hubs and that’s it.

There are a lot more ways than “stabbed plex farmers” to avoid getting caught. Just ask any hunter who’s trying to catch a carrier in null.

And, in the other direction:

If it’s worth it to chase someone down and kill them for ISK/LP/rank, it’s even more worth it to put for a farmer to put an alt in the enemy militia and kill it, maybe even lots of alts. The only way you get farmer bots out of FW is with the banhammer and by chasing the money trail. It would be interesting to try to see if the players who remain are even worth the money to do that with.

It doens’t have to be worth it to catch a farmer, you make dplexing not worth it and problem solved. This began when defensive plexing started paying out. Anyone that says offensive plexing is also farmable doesn’t quite get it. offensive plexing requires dps and fits that fill those low slots with dmg modifiers and not stabs, so they can be caught much easier than having to hunt with a specialized anti-farmer fit that can’t really do anything else.

So far there has been an exploit notification regarding citadels being deployed at 0 on FW ihubs.

There is also a nice picture from the CSM summit. I have highlighted the good stuff for you.

Gasp. What are those six things!!

warp core stabs are an awful part of factional warfare, as is the venture

This fake news was posted as an april fools on reddit by /u/JitaScammer. The idea in it was pretty good though.

Faction Warfare Newbie here,

About the discussion about newbros : limit so-called novice plexes to T1 frigates even if it means creating another type of plex allowing faction frigates. What the point of being blasted by a Chremoas ?

About limiting LP store for players having been involved in pvp, it’s a good idea. It would push newbros to fly in small gang for FW killmails and therefore ranks : a few roams with your corpsmates or other newbros is not beyond a newbro ability. Rabbit plexing is indeed a newbro activity ( and the only one we can reliably do to help) but it shouldn’t be possible to do only that and only that.

Give suspect timer for pirates entering plexes or even the area near the acceleration gate : hell yes. When joining Faction Warfare loosing security status is scary since your main is your only character. To loose access to ennemy high sec is part of the lore but loosing the high sec access of the faction you are fighting for is just depressing when a new player.

About pvp reward, there should be more lp involved in pvp. As far as I get it, right now except if you have a very positive kill ratio, pvp doesn’t pay in itself. To avoid exploits like the Goons’ one with market manipulation, maybe put a cap according to size hull ? Or use the median value of the modules instead of a sum divided by a factor ? Or make the value of modules a weighting given to the hull value instead of an absolute value ?

An idea about which I got know no idea if it would work : make destroying ennemy player militia in a plex reduces the timer of said plex by a margin. It could be a good way to make plexes less farming without helping farmers.

The chance of a lifetime for a trophy km you won’t soon forget

It’s been thrown around, but a large portion of enemies you’ll encounter are non-fw neutrals, so I don’t know how it could work.

A really bad suggestion is lock non-FW people out of them.