I would like to see a special area for people who have a real life disability who cannot react as fast you're just an idea below

You should really resign yourself to having a little bit more respect young man.

What was disrespectful about what I said?

1 Like

Would you treat a person in real life with disability in the same manner, casting them in with the wolves and directing the wolves to them to get cheap kills and scam them out of their assets?

For the Disabled Capsuleer Corporation there would be a special API key for the each disabled member that only CCP could release to them so that such a grand idea of exploiting them doesn’t take place.

At no point did I say I would do such things, merely that I can all but promise someone would. But yes, I believe in equal treatment. I believe that if you start something, there shouldn’t be any hand-holding.

Insofar as real life, I’d be perfectly happy to see public social programs completely defunded and said tax dollars never being taxed in the first place. I know that life sucks for people with disabilities, and I sympathize. I know it’s very easy for me to say as a relatively normal person. Never the less, at the end of the day, in real life, I look after me and mine. Not you and yours.

Back to focus of the Disabled Capsuleer Corporation and not Captain Marvel Whats In My Pants.

The DCC, if allowed by CCP, could pool their resources together and even get a van with their corporation logo painted on the side to help bring awareness to those with disabilities that like to game that Eve Online is a game for them as well.

Maybe DCC could be the base of a new chapter for Eve Online that would promote those with disabilities and their challenges.

“Not ever pod is perfect, but every pod that gimps is welcome.”

Great…so I have helped gank freighters and by opening my wallet I too can farm the crap out of those systems. Can I farm it on each account?

I think “Disabled Capsuleer Corporation” is not a good name for a corporation that is very friendly to members dealing with disabilities but also needs to include players who are not but support the concept.

The corp name needs to not self-segregate it. Corp name needs to be a little more subtle. A mining/industry corp that happens to have many disabled members and is properly accomodating to them as individuals rather than a corp focused first on disability (or race, or gender, etc etc)

There are in-game channels dedicated to folks with a similar situation/interest socializing regardless of their corp. Perhaps those might interest you, OP.

Also, check these things out. People have been playing EvE despite disabilities for a long time. Maybe you’ll find some useful information through these:

https://twitter.com/accessiblegamer?lang=en

1 Like

i wouldn’t say ganked, id say war declared. if we can talk to some deep space null sec groups, it would be a complete pain but you could be given space on the very fringes of space where everyone would have to go through the main alliances to get to you. most of that fringe space is unused just sitting out there empty.

my brother suffered a seizure when he was 5 with a severe case of chicken pox, it caused brain damage that stopped the seizures but now he is 26, cant not live a normal life alone, cannot work with people and has a host of disorders. He had to go to special classes just to make it through school or he wouldnt have been able to even finish school. He gets a small monthly check since he cannot earn anything himself because people wont hire him.

Ive also played D&D when I was in highschool with a guy that couldn’t talk or control his arms and would go into random spasms, he used a text to talk program to talk to use but he was awesome in the gaming and enjoyed his gaming time with us all the time. he too was probably getting a small check to pay for food.

if you want to cut programs on some government funding theres others things that can be chopped off or restructured.

1 Like

I had been trying not to mention GSF in this discussion, but he is not the only member of GSF that is disabled and plays EVE.

2 Likes

Sorry OP but I doubt CCP would make such a zone since they seem keen on maintaining the whole’you are never safe’ thing.You also probably picked a very very very very very bad game to try as you’ll encounter both sympathy and also alot of mindless hate from this community.My best sugestion would be look for a nice corp to mine with as a group who could run defense for mining ops to let you focus on just mining.

There was a suggestion about such a thing I’ve read sometime ago but not for disabled players instead for casual players who rarely log in. It was about private owned wormholes where whatever you produce can not be used outside the wormhole, this sounds familiar, so why not reiterate or shift support of such system so everyone can have their mini space empire that can not influence the rest of EVE? This way anyone who want to have a safe space like that can have it if pay for it in some form without damaging the rest of the game, may them be casuals or disabled or whatever other reason they have for it.

Of course the thread I refer to had the reasonable disapproval of those who want EVE to remain a global sandbox where every action can affect everyone else and where PvP is always a risk, so there is that. Still I think looking up that other thread could prove useful discussing this and seeing how that discussion went.

Digged it up from my post history. Haven’t took the time to read the rest of the thread but it is fairly short as I see and was auto closed down after 3 months of inactivity. Still could be a useful read I guess.

It’s a really bad idea because a private wormhole like that would be utterly pointless. What is the point in building anything when success is guaranteed, nobody wants to buy your stuff, and you can never interact with anyone else? Single-player EVE would be a terrible game with zero sense of accomplishment. There is no empire-building, only a counter of how many hours you have spent in your private wormhole wasting time.

Wow, you’re a heartless asshole. Seriously, you’re at sociopath levels of selfishness and lack of empathy. People like you do not belong in a civilized society.

1 Like

Alot of us act like rabid dogs under the cloak of anonymity on the internet.However the thread is about preferential treatment for some in some crapy dying internet spaceship game.No you shouldn’t receive preferential treatment ingame.

Depends on who you ask, you realize not everyone thinks like you, right? Not that I disagree with your point of view but that doesn’t prevent me from expecting some people preferring such a private wh concept. They can build for their own needs, kill rats in anomalies in their wh, may even have a missioning feature as well, not sure but surely it can be made interesting enough for the niche audience who would even consider such in the first place.

Also the details who can enter the wh even if nothing can be taken out can be an important factor how many people would use it and find it a good or bad concept, for example if a small group of friends can build their mini space empire there, fighting rats and whatever. Even if nobody buys their stuff it is still a way of progressing even if just stockpiling stuff in the long run. If someone only signs in a few hours per week this can be a more viable way of playing depending on their playstyle than the current sandbox.

Personally I still think it would be a niche for a select few but that does not prevent the discussion of such a feature. I don’t think it is pointless in general either, because a sandbox means just, everyone play as they like not just a select few ways the majority choose, nor the niche stuff should be dismissed immediately only because only a few people would use it, though even if a coherent concept is developed I don’t say it should be implemented if it isn’t worth the development time, efforts and costs to implement it. Still discussing is a different thing and I wouldn’t dismiss the idea only because it doesn’t fit some or even the majority people’s playstyle.

The question in my opinion is can it be done in a way that doesn’t ruin the rest of EVE and develop the concept around that. Actually implementing is a completely different subject in my opinion.

Oh and just to note I don’t think I myself would use such a feature even if was free (no premium payment for it either in RL $$$ or PLEX or whatever) but that doesn’t prevent me from considering the concept and thinking about how it could be made feasible.

But what would be the point of any of that? PvE against NPCs is boring as hell, once you get to a point where you have the ship/skills to succeed it’s just mindless farming against floating loot cans that don’t shoot back in any meaningful way. Same thing with building stuff, what’s the point when there’s no chance of failure and no interaction with other players? Instead of an accomplishment to brag about your work represents nothing more than a count of how many hours you’ve spent doing it.

And, to prove my point, how many people regularly play on the test server outside of PvP practice in the arenas? That’s a 100% PvP-safe area where you can set up your private empire without interference, but how many people actually do it? Very few, if any, because those accomplishments have no value in the absence of the chance of failure provided by the real game.

Again, try looking beyond your nose and your personal preferences and realize this is a sandbox that different people play for different reasons?

Mining is boring for me 99% of the time so only do it like 1% of my time or less. Other people enjoy it and find it relaxing (I do too when I do it) and they do it 99% of their time. Do I dismiss their choice because it differs from my taste? Nope.

Oh you mean playing games is ever anything more than just “wasting” time?

Most people play games to have fun. What is fun to them is personal taste and preference. Or you say you are the ultimate judge of what should be considered fun and how a sandbox game be played? I am sure that is not what you meant but still your lack of considering other people’s choices results in the same thing even if unintentional on your part.

As for the test server, many people play as alphas, they have no access to it only omegas. Just to name one general and very good reason.

1 Like

At the risk of contributing to the derailing of this thread, I’ll bite.

No, I’m not lacking in empathy. I can see the hardships they suffer. Obviously I don’t know first hand, but I can certainly see and both empathize and sympathize. Yet, consider that I have an obligation to my own family to give them the best that I can give them. I have an obligation to give my son, for example, every advantage. More to the point, this is what I want to invest my resources in. It should be noted that I do not ever intend to be the recipient of any such social spending as well, whether I need them or not.

“The strong taking care of the weak indefinitely” is not a viable model. Never has been. For perfect evidence of this, look at nature - the most stringent analyst of survival mechanisms. You won’t see a single welfare state in nature. Even in species with social hierarchy and/or communal behaviour such as wolves or apes, the weak are always driven off for the sake of the collective fitness. I recognize that we circumvented the laws of nature a long time ago, but that doesn’t make nature’s ability to weigh and measure a method of survival any less accurate.

Is that cold and heartless? Yes. Absolutely. But those are both emotional views, not pragmatic ones.

All I’m going to say is remember this the disabled community of one of minorities you can join you just stepping off the curb the wrong way you could become paralyzed for the rest of your life so karma if you don’t change your ways could be a real pain in your left side so let’s try real hard not to be such a miserable sob

1 Like