[ILF] Questions Regarding Federal Military Deployments in Intaki

Laides and gentlemen.

The Intaki solar system has been secured by Caldari State. Gallente occupation regime is no more. Federal Military deployments shall not be questioned. Instead they will be dealt with in a swift and professional manner.

Pirate elements from ILF will meet the same fate.

Glory to the State!

I have read through your thread with interest, as I note one of my former employees has raised their voice in support of Intaki secessionism.

Whatever backdoor deal was secured to protect Intaki from the designs of more aggressive entities within the State was sufficient when the Ishukone Corporation ‘owned’ the system through that farce of an auction a decade ago. I am sure that the Federation Navy was not required or welcome due to this protection, whilst systems in Verge Vendor were on the brink of famine and criminal organisations were allowed to run rampant throughout the occupied territories to plunder as they saw fit.

I find it a bit disingenuous to accuse the Federation of forgoing it’s promises to the Intaki District to maintain a limited military presence within the District, as was agreed in the accession negotiations. Nor is it fair to suggest that they would override the appointment of the Intaki Space Police by force - State megacorporations and their subsidiaries are in control of certain franchises elsewhere in the Federation and they have not been removed through military means. The concerns surrounding the appropriateness of the Intaki Space Police as a Shipping and Security provider are valid in the eyes of the Federal authorities, especially in light of the Intaki Assembly’s corrupt elements which to my knowledge has not yet been addressed through a public enquiry.

The militia conflict is not a war that the Federation wanted - it was a conflict that was forced upon us and has been to the detriment of the regions involved. I fully appreciate the uncomfortable historical circumstances that Federation troops being deployed to member states evoke, but unless it was of dire importance to the security of those states they would not have done so. In fact, such a deployment would require consent to have been given by the member states in question! The Federation has a duty of care not only to the member states, to ensure their territorial integrity is not violated, but also to the wellbeing of it’s inhabitants.

The only means of bringing about a true end to the conflicts plaguing the Defence Cordon is to negotiate and conclude a permanent end to the CONCORD Emergency Militia War Powers Act on a status quo ante bellum basis. The solution cannot simply be to extricate Intaki itself from the Defence Cordon alone. Any suggestion of special favours being levied for the Intaki District at the expense of the others in the Cordon would be met with severe contention.

I have more thoughts, but I will put them to the proverbial paper another day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.