I'm a noob risking it all... Low sec exploration 2 times now it does this

Irrelevant. The only thing that matters is scan strength. It takes about 93 to pop a lvl4.

Even in an Astero you’re only pushing 92

What is “project discovery” ?

This is wrong.

If your probes end up getting too close together, they begin to act as a single probe and you will lose scanning strength.

1 Like

Just because you don’t understand what I’m talking about doesn’t mean I’m incorrect.

1 Like

Both you and @Scoots_Choco missed the point and of course you both did.

His scan strength is not powerful enough to EVER pop that site

Well, if you can afford Astero - you might as well use Sister’s probes (not the launcher) and get 94.5.

I’m estimating but I think you’re gonna need like 98 for lvl4?

I mean, I’m an alpha and can scan down IVs. Can’t get Vs though. Issue in WH space is so many of the sites are Sleepers, but usually once you find a good “safe” site you get b/t 15-30mil. I hear there are 100mil sites but haven’t hit one yet.

1 Like

Scanning needs both character skills and player skills. Figuring out the best formation of probes and how to use them effectively will help you get that last 5% of scanning done.

Keep telling yourself that.

It’s a crowd-sourcing project identifying planets in other star systems. Icon looks like a DNA helix in the Neocon.

The rewards are interesting, with blue print copies (BPC) for CONCORD ships, ship skins, and avatar clothes, as well as ISK.

Might be the whisky slowing me down, but just connected your character name and exploration topic: Dora the Explorer. :laughing:

For probing I found these shortcuts adding a lot of versatility:
Alt+mouse wheel = probe distance
Ctrl+mouse wheel = probe offset (helps to make scanning more thick)
B = analyze
V = D-scan
Add some modules, maybe rigs, implants if you do it most and there you go, popping holes and cracking sites like a pro.

hey @Dora_Milaje

nice nice but yea there is a bit you can do:
use a Scan Pinpointing Array http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=33178

use not normal probes but Sisters of EVE probes
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Scanning

i am not sure but has the Astero better bonuses as the Probe?
well you can look into that but as F2P without cloack its not a good idea anyways

JuuR

Focus on one thing, relic or data sites, or combat probing lost drones/fighters for example

[Relic Heron]
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I

Relic Analyzer I
Scan Pinpointing Array I
Scan Rangefinding Array I
Scan Rangefinding Array I
5MN Microwarpdrive I

Core Probe Launcher I

[Empty Rig slot]
Small Emission Scope Sharpener I
Small Emission Scope Sharpener I

Hobgoblin I x7

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16

Take the ship loss for granted, your profit including the losses will be high

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.