Probably more impactful for our Space Truckers but the Empires really need to develop some new routes between the major trade hubs (Jita 4-4 & Amarr). Make it a Toll-Highway and, voila!, you also have another isk-sink. It’s honestly just good science fiction and good economics.
So basically you’re talking about a shortcut…
How would the fee be set up, like a flat rate or a percentage based on cargohold item’s total worth? And would the value of those items be an average of all Reginal Market prices or based on Jita prices? Also would the value be based on Market high price, low price or an average of the two?
DMMC
o7
We already have a shortcut, it’s called Ahbazon, and we already have a toll system set up for it, it’s called paying someone to drive off the gatecamp/having alts to scout and web your freighter through/paying the gate campers for safe passage.
I say no to more shortcuts. We the players fought hard and struggled to liberate Niarja for the trigs, and our effort was rewarded with an impactful and permanent change to the game. You won’t take that away from us.
The core toll is built from a fixed fee plus a capacity‑based charge that depends on a ship’s class and billing unit—I would suggest tonnage. That way you avoid all that Jita price/Amarr price nonsense.
@Anna_Dyneaux Ahbazon is a temporary arrangement…a moment in time to be enjoyed but subject to change.
If anything CCP should get rid of the highsec border systems. Each empire would be connected to the others only through lowsec. This would aid the players in playing the pirate gamestyle, massively boost hauler income, and bring the empires closer together because you’re no longer obsessing over taking an awkward route just for CONCORD protection. It would also make each non-Jita trade hub more important, the same way removing Niarja boosted Amarr trade hub by making it inconvenient for Amarr players to just go to Jita instead.
@Anna_Dyneaux I like your rationale - it’s reasonable. I’m not sure it impacts the magnitude that Jita dwarfs the other trade hubs though. I do list in Amarr…and usually get close to my sell order price. It is significantly slower. My own rationale is closely linking the 2 hubs (or add Rens and 'dixie) and it might pull some business away from Jita.
What will actually happen is the customers will think ”Amarr is overpriced and Jita is just ten jumps, I’ll go to Jita instead”, and because people think this, the sellers will go to Jita as well because ”it’s just ten jumps and my products will sell much faster”.
Bringing the trade hubs closer together means the biggest will cannibalise the smaller. Keeping them distant and putting something dangerous in between, say three lowsec connections, will massively help the smaller ones.
The problem is actually that all logistics have been utterly trivialized and Jita is too accessible from anywhere in the universe. No matter where I am, if I want to do any significant amount of buying or selling, I will do it in Jita because it is trivial to reach and trivial to transport out of.
I could be sitting in Emperor Family Academy and it would still make more sense to go to Jita for anything beyond some ammo or other small one-offs.
@Namdor 100% agree. When i was moving a bil PI stockpile I had originally listed in Amarr (just prior to the Cradle of War expansion) and ended up paying a courier to truck it to Jita…where it was sold at a better price in 1.5 days, 2 days at most.
I’d say separate empires by sov 0.0-sec. It would make 0.0-space more important.
Or even make it so the only way between empires is through permanent wormholes to that special wormhole system with stations (I don’t remember its name).
That would be better and have a lot more positive effect on local markets and non-empire population.
@March_rabbit THERA.
Thanks.
How is it nowadays? Visited it once of twice many years ago… Was not impressed. But there should be some players who like stuff like this.
Same - visited to cross it off the ‘seeking content’ list.
If we had a toll highway… What would stop massive multi-boxers from taking the entire market share from real paying players and simply putting everything on minimal skill autopilot bots with free accounts? That’s like Exordium shipping.
(and nullsec pve. 600m an hour with a smart bomb… Yeah can’t wait for that fun time. That’s the kind of game play that keeps people here right…)
Praise James 315
Nothing. Havn’t they done that already?
I also think gates themselves could be minimized or eliminated. Just a thought to allow the hate to shine in.
