Is it possible to compare heavy and light missiles? Explosion radius? Burning speed? Whats wrong?

OP read this, its an detailed explanation how missiles work in EVE. I’m realy suprised it wasn’t linked earlier.
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Missile_mechanics

1 Like

Because math isn’t his problem.

It’s true. I have little interest in mathematics and even realism. I am surprised by this wretched weapon - missiles. Nevertheless, I will try in my free time to come up with something that can be offered to improve the system.

Make sure whatever system you come up with will work with the way EVE Online’s engine does its calculations.

1 Like

As an avid missile user for over 8 years, I’ve never had an issue with the differences in how heavy/cruise/light missiles work, depending on the ship that is using them. My BS, i use either Cruise or precision missiles depending on what i’m firing at. Precision I like to think is the “light” missile version of the Cruise, since its great for attacking some BC’s and Cruisers and below, where as the Cruise I use for some BC’s and Up.

1 Like

Applying real world physics to EvE game mechanics rarely ends well.

I climbed to scientific sites to see how the real mechanic of explosions works. And i found that people know very little about the propagation of a blast, shock wave in a vacuum. The following is known - it has not a spherical shape, but a shape reflecting the shape of the charge. The main striking element is kinetic. Other laws and principles work for gravitational,thermal, electromagnetic-radiation waves and cannot be compared with matherial and gas waves. These are different waves. The pressure drops very quickly. The temperature drops very quickly. But the speeds of material elements are much greater than in the atmosphere and persist for a very long time.The speed of flying material striking elements can be 10 km per second. Not at all 200m / sec. But they may not hit the target. When army scientists worked on the creation of real anti-satellite missiles, after the first experiments with explosive warheads he switched completely to ballistic striking elements, and laser systems are also considered. Explosion radius systems are not considered at all, if they not nuclear.
So it’s hard to say how close this system is to reality. It would probably be better to keep this system of assumptions.

P.S. But I am terribly, terribly disliked by these weak heavy missiles. Need to learn lasers.

You understand that these are other missiles? Which can not be put on a ship designed for the abyss. Although I set one launcher when test strange fits. You do missions where there are almost no frigates, this is the whole point. I see one time 17! hits of damage on the frigate with 5 heavy launchers salvo! You know, my eye twitched at that moment.
tiki_detey-300x200
And I have all the skills of missile level 5,with specialization, and the ship has modules and modifications to reduce the radius of the explosion, and so on and so forth. Including implants and boosters. This whole kit sometimes does not work at all. These frigates constantly dodge heavy missiles. Why don’t they dodge cruises?

Frigates are not good targets with the cruise. as was mentioned, its like trying to hit a fly with a bowling ball… not gonna work to good, compared to a fly swatter.

why you are having such a hard time with heavies, i have no clue… id have to look at your set up, and what you are using.

have you thought about trying to use the advanced high damage light missiles (T2 lights)?

Fury (T2) - cruisers, BK and BS target
Precision&Caldary Navi- frigates
CN - destroyers and cruisers.

and
T2 Warhead Rigor Catalyst
implant for missiles implosion signature radius
implant for target speed affection on missile dmg
booster that reduse missile explosion signature radius
fraction Target painter or 2
computer with precission script

im too tired to tell that all these modules have too little influence on the calculations. I have a business. Do not believe it, let’s close the topic.

You don’t really need any of these, tbh…

But what do I need to kill a damavik with at least two salvos of 5 heavy rocket launchers? Not from 4 volleys, not from 5, not from 6. I have a timer, 20 minutes for 3 pockets. What are these modules?

First off, there are no weapons platform in EVE called “Heavy Rocket Launchers”.
Second, why do you believe you deserve to be able to 2 shot Damaviks when you don’t even take the time to learn how missile damage works in EVE Online?

Instead, here you are trying to come up with a different system without first knowing what you’re even talking about.

I know dozens of people who run Abyssal pockets in Cerbs, Gilas, and Sacrileges and they are able to clear the sites more than handily because they know what they’re doing and have good fits. For all this talk about missile mechanics and damage calculations, you haven’t even shared the fit you’re using.

So does everyone else, but they’re all able to clear them without an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.