Is there a why to stop NPC's from attacking Drones/Fighters?

/me coughs

CCP please, rats shoot me, make it stop.

1 Like

@Anderson_Geten i have tried all those types of fixes and they don’t work. now as for the people that say use ECM most ships i fly like the Ishtar don’t have the room to fit ECM with the fits i run i would have to drop a tracking link or the Nav link as for carriers you can’t have ECM and the NSA at the same time. on my Ishtar i have a remote armor rep to repair drones and make my self look like logi it use to work for about a month after the carrier changes but i think @CCP patched it because it don’t worn any more.

i have also notice a glitch in resource wars with drones when in aggressive they keep switching targets and in passive they stop attacking after a while i have only seen this in resource wars its not that big of a deal the NPC’s can’t break my Ventures tank

I cannot see where anyone said to use ECM, but you can use a target painter (last I checked) to pull aggro from the NPCs to your ship, and the NPCs should leave your drones alone. I’d assume drones & fighters acquire NPC agro using the same algorithm (I don’t know if they do).

And yes you may need to change your fit, but a tracking link for a target painter isn’t a massive compromise (is it?).

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

they patched target painters years ago

that was a measure put to prevent people from AFK grinding missions with Droneboats.

if your drones get aggroed you recall/scoop them then wait until the rats change focus on you again (until their circles get on red again).

its annoying i know, but its for balance reasons. even if you’re using Drones you should be keeping an eye on their safety not just take them out pres F and let them do all the job while watching Netflix.

another option could be, i dunno, use remote reps on them to make them last more on the battlefield? but i’ve never tried that.

1 Like

sun hack
ther an urban legend that if you warp to the sun
eject from your ship andinstantlly get back to it…drones dnt get agro
its bean a wile since i rated in a vni

but when i done it…my drones ddnt pulled agro
dnt know if its a coincidance
but it worked for me back when i was rattin

Why do you call it moon hack …
… when you hack it by warping to the star?

fixed it
ty
to much from that sweet sweet mary jane

1 Like

I doubt you really would want to use it, unless you are fine with a ban for using an exploit.

Dude please enquire about the topic before you give your opinion.
This was told to be a fix to the drone aggro bug I talked about.

So now if you can’t tell the difference between a fix and a bug abuse, I don’t think you should discuss the topic here.

i know they made NPCs attack drones to stop AFK people and i dont mind my drone being attacked every now and them but my problem is my drone get attacked the moment i launch them even if all NPC Agro is on me the moment i launch drone they switch to them

Still are, frigates rarely even shoot at mediums (elite frigates attack them like rabid dogs though)

Yeah… unless you are fighting off elite ships, thats is not how that works.

I believe you are overpushing how aggressively npcs change aggro pools.

I had the same problems in wormhole space with sleepers. My small drones where targeted by frigs (and sometimes cruiser) and my medium and heavy drones got shot by every sleeper, from frig up to battleship.

But since I am ratting with duo nestor, always keep the cap chain and remote rep on, none of my drones got shot once. I can fight the frigs with heavy drones, they completly ignore them, I like that ^^

1 Like

@Sebs_Pride GTFO you didn’t even read my comment did you

I did, twice.
And I think you are STILL overpushing it.

If you mean random drone aggro no. If you mean the bugged drone aggro were npc go crazy and only want to attack your drones. All you can do is dock, leave your ship and then jump back into your ships and start running the site again.

EDIT: IF you’re in null or low smartbombing the frigs can help pull the aggro onto your ship instead of the drones.

its not that bug with the ship its more like my account is bugged or something my old Null sec friend came to my house and watched me rat and its got him stumped. logged in with his account and did the same site it was alright go back in to my account the moment i launch drones they get attacked by every NPC on the field even non Elite NPC’s. it doesn’t matter light drones heavy, ECM, armor rep drones and mining drones they all get attacked all the time.