Is there another active module like the cloak?

(Hefalumps) #1

Is there any module that can be activated that has no cycle time and consumes no resources beside the cloak?

Problem with untransportable and non jumping caps
(Nora Maldoran) #2

I thought about this for a minute and have to say I don’t know any.
But I wonder who one comes up with such a question.

(Hefalumps) #3

Someone who wants to point out the multiple points at which CCP is being completely hypocritical about its principles.

(Scipio Artelius) #4

The damage control unit was like that before it was made a passive module in 2016.

(Nora Maldoran) #5

Oh I see… :no_mouth:

(Piotr Leusten) #6

Is there any other active module that prevents you from doing ANYTHING ELSE while it is active?

(QuakeGod) #7

Cloaks do use resources. They are fueled by tears…

(Sinjin Pava) #8

Do we really need another thread of tears? Your other one is still plenty active.

(Hefalumps) #9

lol… as though pointing out blatant hypocrisy has anything to do with tears.

(Scipio Artelius) #10

Anything to do with cloaks has its roots in tears.

This is almost EVE Lore now.

If you start a thread on cloaks, at some point you will be crying about them.

(Hefalumps) #11

Sorry, this is about hypocrisy on the part of CCP.

(QuakeGod) #12

EVE has so many different, delicious varieties of tears to choose from. Ganking tears, cloak tears, ECM tears, bumping tears, tethering tears, cyno tears…

(Scipio Artelius) #13

Which perceived one this time?

(Whitehound) #14

The damage control unit didn’t work like a cloak. It used cap and cycled like any other hardener. A cloak seems still a bit different from the old DCU before it was made passive.

If anything perhaps the Micro Jump Drive has a unique mechanic to it, too, but it’s again a different one.

(Hefalumps) #15

This is how the cloak should work: active for a period of time (5 mins), and then a 10 sec cool down before it can be activated again

(QuakeGod) #16

You’d still never find the camper and you’d still be frozen with fear and unable to undock…

(Vortexo VonBrenner) #17

At this point, can anything remotely new be said about cloaky camping? In before merge to oblivion.

(QuakeGod) #18

Nope. That’s why the entire argument has been condensed into a single thread…

(Whitehound) #19

They could try to put a cloak onto the thread. :ghost:

(zluq zabaa) #20

Is this an attempt to start another cloaky camping thread?