ISK sinks

Imho, not specifically Supers/Dreads. The problem is ratting itself and the lack of ISK sinks to counter that. From what I know, only a fraction of the total isk is made with supers, but I may have outdated info.

You can of course reduce the faucet by nerfing bounties (if you wish), but I am on the same side as you are in that I don’t think that’s the solution. I too think that a lack of comparable ISK sinks is the problem.

Have to disagree heavily on that, cause it doesn’t make sense. If a 30b supercarrier is destroyed while ratting, how much isk are removed from the game? The answer is: 0. On the contrary, isk is introduced to the game through insurance, even though that’s fairly limited.

Destruction in general rarely removes isk (only if market fees to buy the ship again exceeds insurance payout), so more destruction does nothing to adress the problem. It’s more likely that it’s the opposite. Destruction is likely to be an ISK faucet through insurance. On the other hand: If destruction reaches a critical mass, it’s a contributor to price increases through increased demand.

Destruction itself has heavy influence on the mineral prices (need destruction to keep them stable), but as for the actual isk, it does very little if anything at all.

Ofcourse, if you destroy a VNI the pilot can’t rat for some time, but it doesn’t cost much to replace it.