January 2018 Release - General Feedback

Hey guys, can someone confirm if I am going mad or not ?

I’m pretty sure that when in the PI screen scrolling forward on the mouse wheel i.e pushing the wheel AWAY from your wrist used to zoom in on the planet while scrolling back on the wheel used to zoom out of the planet…

But now it seems to be reversed… It’s doing my fruitcake in.

I think this is inline with the silly new scanning screen and zooming in on the probes - to me, it’s all backwards and I cannot seem to find any way to change it. In most other PC games, there’s simply a setting “Reverse Mousewheel” and you can set it to whichever way your used to.

For me personally the old way was best - Forward zoom in - backwards zoom out.

CCP, please can we get a reverse mousewheel option button ? or go back to the old hamster mousewheel ?

Cheers Guys.

4 Likes

Odd - I just checked and mine works as it should (ie. in the intuitive manner you describe) - some invisible setting may have gotten screwed up for you (happens to me often with audio.) There’s an alternative you can do: hold both mouse buttons and move the mouse up and down - it also works the “intuitive” way, so it may help you (I use this in the probe scanning window too.)

EDIT: Also, there’s an Invert Y-Axis setting under the graphics options (WTF!) I don’t know what it affects exactly, as I’m not messing with it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
Invert Zoom

1 Like

The Agency is a ton of crap. please return to the Agent Finder. get rid of the chat buble asap. Who in his daft mind came up with this lunacy?

7 Likes

So, I just noticed that the covert jump in effect was changed … from flashes with a boom to a swirl with a swirly sink sound.
First of, the new effect is worse and looks uglier than the old effect.
And second: Why? There are sooooooo many graphics effects that need fixing: Smartbomb effects (yes, the new ones look ugly as well), the warp disruptor and warp scrambler effects just end in a plane, which looks terrible on small ships, not like the old effects which adjusted to the target and ended in a sphere, the stasis webber effect looks terrible compared to the old effect, the bright central gate core is particularly overwhelming on some Amarr border gates, among others. But you chose to update a perfectly fine and awesome graphics effect? Come on, please.

1 Like

Are esclations on the Agency still broke, i dont believe it updated or the next part was triggered and i already ran it and nothing happened.

I would like to suggest small NPC mining stations the size of a Mobile Depot be located in belts where the NPC corps are mining at. The roids could have models added to them as well to create the appearance of a permanent NPC mining operation that would include NPC MTU’s that would tractor wrecks from the belt.

The Mobile Depot could be hacked similar to Ghost Sites that if a successful hack takes place then the local NPC Defense forces would not be alerted until the loot was scooped up into the Capsuleer’s cargo bay.

The MTU’s could also be hacked in the same manner as the Mobile Depots resulting in local defense ships from the NPC corporation showing up as well.

Both the NPC Mobile Depot and MTU could be destroyed but would flag the attacker as a flashy yellow as if they had stolen something.

Looting a hacked depot or MTU would only result in a standings loss with the NPC corp and their defense ships showing up to then chase the Capsuleer around the system similar to how Concord chases a ganker around in a High sec system. The only difference is that a timer for the NPC defense fleet to engage you would exist that would allow the NPC ships to chase you around for 10 minutes before they disengaged.

@CCP_Falcon I have been trying to get attention of devs through support tickets & bug reports but it’s in vain, I reported a exploit as the result of this patch which I don’t want to speak here but its related to how escalations work in eve right now.

Please can you get some developers attention to the bug report EBR-142613.
I don’t know other way to get this to your guys attention. Hopefully it will do and GM response on my ticket would be really appreciated

1 Like

Triple minus for “start conversation” icon on each member in channels, because of what a lot of unnecessary invitations to chat

1 Like

I don’t know if it was introduced in this update, but the changes to the skill window to display the time required for the next level of the skill, rather than the highest level of the skill available make it rather difficult and annoying to figure out how much time it will take to train the next available level of the skill. To see this time now, the skill must actually be added to the skill queue, which means that for players with a full queue, a skill will need to be temporarily removed and then re-added when the time to train the next level of the skill is seen. This is a massive hassle compared to the previous iteration, where the time required to train the next available level of the skill was displayed. This change also means that a time of 0 minutes is displayed for all skills at max level, which is extraneous and unneeded information. Overall, the previous system that displayed the amount of time required to train the next level of the skill that is not in the skill queue was much more user friendly and much easier for players to interact with.

5 Likes

I’d like to add that skill queue manipulation is flakier than ever - when moving a skill around to a different slot, it often fails to move, or it takes another skill out in the process, or both! Usually, when another skill is removed from the queue in this manner, it isn’t even immediately apparent. This is not new behaviour, but it has become even more pronounced than before. It is now necessary to only shift a skill by a maximum of ~4 slots, and to hold it there for 10-15 seconds to improve the chances of it successfully moving - and even then, that is no guarantee.

Your bug report has been processed, but in general you won’t get any response on it unless we require additional details. Thanks for reporting this issue!

ty so much so its a bug right? not a game mechanic?

Looks like it! For future reference if you see that your report has the status “Attached” on the bug reporting website, that genreally means that we’ve attached it to an internal “defect” and its considered to be an issue. Thanks again!

1 Like

TY SO MUCH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW :heart_eyes: i will know next time

1 Like

An implant has the same weight as 7 Heavy missiles… We all must have incredible neck muscles!

2 Likes

Those particular developers are busy hiding under rocks and ignoring user feedback.

3 Likes

Just wanted to add that the agency is really terrible - my group wanted to do some fw small scale pirating for a change - so i check the agency and it only wants to let me do gallente 28 jumps away. I open dotlan and the amarr/min systems are 10 jumps away. Honestly wtf? Why doesnt the agency give me all the available options so i can figure out what i actually want to do? Why does it hide info? Why is the info that it provides usually bad/wrong?

8 Likes

After so many complaints over removing the old agent finder and moving some of the functions to the agency with no response from CCP or any devs, one must apply the old maxim:

“Qui tacet consentit”

“Silence gives consent”

Therefore CCP and the involved devs agree with the change or else we would have a response as to how great this change is for the player base, or sorry made a big mistake and are working on a fix.

2 Likes

i guess they are hoping that the new dev blog about the AF changes will push this to the back of peoples mind, the carrot after the stick.

or as in most changes like this, people will just use it anyway and continue, albeit restricted.