January 2018 Release - General Feedback

Yes, it’s funny (and by “funny” I really mean not in the least bit amusing!) how we get quick, visible feedback on action regarding such trivial inconsequentials, but dead silence about the stuff that is actually problematic for so many people.

7 Likes

Personally, I love the agency. Yes it has its bugs, but it looks and feels great. I can see it drawing new players in for sure. Just be sure to get all the kinks out first!

2 Likes

Old agent finder was an instrument. Before Agency, new player can fly everywhere, explore new open world with no direction. Agency became everlasting tutor: go there, look here… It makes EVE similar to all other games with “click on highlighted item” gameplay.

When I saw in today’s patch notes that “overloading the inventory when changing charges” had been fixed, I was naturally expecting not to see the inventory-spam happening anymore. Imagine my disappointment when I tested by loading a different charge type into a ship’s railguns and finding that the swapped out charges are STILL creating their own separate stacks in the cargo hold…! :angry:

EDIT: CCP, while I’m here, and seeing as you recently screwed around with item sort orders, how about changing the MTU’s item category to sort either to the top, or the bottom (preferably, the former)?

5 Likes

Was in Amarr last night. When I noticed the undock of the trading station beeing camped by some random NPC Corporation. I found the whole thing quite entertaining. Is this something we can expect more of?

4 Likes

Tengu still got corpses in tooltip description regarding the subsystem cargo hold , found 2 more bugs but seriously can’t be a*sed to address them anymore as I see CCPs’ willingness to fix anything.

1 Like

So from now on, Tengu have to use corpses as a fuel! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We’ll likely fix this in a subsequent release as its incredibly minor. Thanks for bringing this up

2 Likes

Is a fix coming for " anti aliasing " that causes black screen when it’s turned on? I’ve sent in a ticket, been here on the forums looking for answers …and haven’t heard a single word from CCP about it yet!

1 Like

I’m sorry that you don’t like this feature

However, I think its GREAT that the Pirates are finally getting their act together and attacking the invaders that have been stealing their resources and treating them like animals to “farm” .

… Have at it I say give em taste of their own medicine

Release: The chat UX & agency could do with some tweaks but overall more improvements than faux-pars

2 Likes

I wanted to change one of my research field of studies. In the old agent finder I could have explored many options in ten minuets. The Agency P.of.S agent finder is such a useless cluster f .
All this time since the release of this “update” and not a comment from the devs about this issue of agency agent finder, makes me regret recently resubbing my second account.
Put the old agent finder back. Those that ooh and ahh at the excessive bling, slow and cpu eating agency can still use it. I prefer the compact, sortablility and efficiency of the old agent finder.

9 Likes

I didnt spot this on my quick look through just now - has anyone else noticed an issue where recently rolled WH sigs do not disappear - unless you log out then back in?
Had one on my screen for three hours the other day after rolling - couldnt warp to the sig, re launching probes and scanning didnt resolve it… Only an issue when rolled - natural end of life and it goes as normal

2 Likes

Most likely, with the increase in the number of FOB these rats will be more common.

+1 for removing the “start conversation” bubble on each name from me too. It adds nothing to usability (saves a right-click, wow) but adds a lot to annoyability. I already accidently started conversations with people a few times although I only wanted to doubleclick them for looking at their character information. And that was embarassing and alerted those people needlessly. Now I have to be really careful when clicking on names. You have to be careful with a lot of things in eve, but in this case its uncalled-for and hurts my game-experience.

4 Likes

+1 for removing or at least implementing the option to disable “chat bubbles”. It´s 2018 dear UI design team, no need for clunky/unnecessary stuff in the UI. At the end of the day, you proofed you can do good. For now it´s either not logging in and playing, autoreject all convos or losing my ship to a stupid pop-up or make someone else lose it because I wanted to look him up. Sadly autoreject or losing my ship is no option to me.

5 Likes

+1 for optional chat bubbles. Or, at the very least, make chat channel bubbles behave like the ones on the guest list inside a station. Those only appear on mouse hover. (I know I can get this in compact mode, but I personally prefer the portraits.)

4 Likes

Please remove the chat bubbles. They aren’t needed and only make people accidental convo each other. Instead make a “notepad” appear on peoples name in local that you have notes on. That would be an useful feature.

6 Likes

I know what you mean about Minmatar stations getting the least love lately, but… actually, there was a point before the last round of station graphical updating that I enjoyed the Gallente and Amarr ones a lot more. Then they made them all dark and cloudy. Caldari got the same treatment but somehow it works better with the cold greys of the Caldari station.

So while yes, the Minnie station interiors definitely need the most help still, I personally wish they’d roll back a bit of the work they’ve done on Gallente/Amarr, as I used to enjoy them as much as Caldari and now Caldari is the only one I enjoy (good thing all citadels use Caldari with slightly different colors, I guess).

Other people have replied to you about FOBs and pirate rats… but I believe you were talking about a NPC empire corp, yes? I saw the same thing at Amarr recently. Some dude undocked and started trying to salvage the same wreck my Noctis toon was salvaging, so I looked at him. Random dude in a frig. Suddenly, he started being shot a ton. I thought it was by players during a wardec or something, but nope… NPCs. H2O corp or something? I think he’s pissed off the mining fleets enough time to have negative standings with that specific corp in Amarr space.

Loving them camping the undock for the people they hate now, heh.

1 Like

I am still waiting for CCPs reply how or where I can turn off the chat bubble. There is no positive “line” how great this useless feature is. So why CCP is quiet and do not want to even comment anything regarding the chat bubble ?

5 Likes

Because its CCP putting its fingers in its ears going “LALALALA I CAN’T HEAR YOU”, but if its something that isn’t the main gripe they respond very quickly.

3 Likes