January 2018 Release - General Feedback

How do I remove the chat bubble? In the mean time I will use compact and pretend this insane thing doesn’t exist. TY!

4 Likes

I dont want to worry anyone, but just how big are the corpses that we can only fir 120 in the subsystem bay of a Tengu?

6 Likes

I suppose it depends on how fat they were.

Can we please get searching for Agent in specific systems/constellations/regions back? :frowning:

The Agent finder in the Agency can’t do that :frowning: .

5 Likes

Hi again CCP, I’d like to know if the ‘LP per focus totalling’ system will be brought back to the Journal or newly implemented in the Agency window on the next patch? It’s been like nearly a week since the release, and I am assuming the team responsible for this downgrade have already thought of the next fixes / workarounds, yes? Can you give some feedback? Or just tell me straight that it won’t be fixed, so I know where to head next. Ty.

3 Likes

Erm, can we get the old agent finder back? The new one is missing several important features!

• show only available
  • long list of agents so you can find the best one(s)

Furthermore, it is slower and takes up a lot more space than necessary.

Stop changing features that work well.

10 Likes

@CCP : Also, filtering by security level is rather important…!

7 Likes

Who ever made that chat bubble deserves toilet cleaning duties @ ccp for at least 6 months

5 Likes

Today I was setting my skill queue and all of a sudden I see “X has declined your invitation” ?? I didn’t even hover my mouse over local, what the…I blame the chat bubbles. :smiley:

1 Like

Even this the only cool feature in the update isn’t working:

21:14:46 Notify You cannot place an item of that type into that location in your Tengu. The bay you are trying to access is specialized and can only handle certain types of items.

2 Likes

Yes. Yes. Yes.

4 Likes

Underwritten.

5 Likes

I also am very sad about the agency’s agent finder and the loss of the old agent finder. Many faults of the new thing have already been mentioned (pre-release, too!!!).

I want to reiterate, stress and add the following:

• Slow/sluggish, takes up too much space (and probably too much CPU)
  • bad sorting and filtering options
  • misses important agents, e.g. generic storyline ones
  • incomplete results
  • when I am not accepting a mission from the nearest agent, that is usually for a reason (undesired target, and “decline” on cooldown), so I do not want that agent to be the only result given to me in the nearest xx jumps!! When an agent is offering me his mission, and I do not take it, then I want to see viable alternatives!!

This current “agent finder” is a very poor development. It is a change for the worse.

And knowing that much of this had been told to CCP beforehand, and seeing that apparently nothing has been talen into account, makes me really sad and unhappy.

10 Likes

Agreed. The last thing I want when I’m trying to lookup where an agent lives is to wait for that stupid agency UI to check the status of every piece of random content in the galaxy so it can decide which ones to recommend to me! Making me click again to filter for agents instead of “recommendations” every time I open it, and then re-enter all my agent criteria far more often than the agent finder required is just pouring salt in that wound. Then to make it even more painful the agency is missing several of the agent finder’s search/filter criteria despite running much more slowly.

I actually like the concept of a content recommendation system for new players, however CCPs insistence on replacing clean, functional UI elements with sluggish bloatware is persistently reducing my interest in this game. This was the straw that made me stop recommending the game to friends; one more update like this one and I may not be here myself anymore either.

8 Likes

when you remove the stupid chat icons can you remove the counter for how many infantry are in system ?

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on this, this was just a mistake in the tooltip, we’ll get this fixed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On a completely different topic, and while I’m also concerned about the points repeatedly made above:

, could the Minmatar stations get some love next? As far as the station models and textures go, I keep feeling that Gallente > Caldari > Amarr >> Minmatar :cry:

Another flaw with The Agency: when setting destination to an agent from here, it plots the course to that agent’s system, but not to the agent’s station itself. (Not a huge deal, but still a minor inconvenience - and clearly an oversight.)

3 Likes

Very much looking forward to the details. People’s speculation and subsequent hand-wringing here and elsewhere gives me a headache.

Oh, really? Looks like there’s nothing more to fix…

How long you’ll be ignore stupid chat bubbles / crippled agent-finder? - remove the first ones forever and bring back the second in previous condition until you’ll rewrite it correctly.

4 Likes