January 2018 Release - General Feedback

Would the tooltip information just added to Tranquility (not just the test server) not constitute “up to date information”?

one more time , how do I switch off that useless chat bubble in local ? halooo ccp , I am asking you !!!

3 Likes

It’s not speculation if it’s on TQ, and the video you linked also does not contradict anything we’ve been discussing, in fact it reinforces it with the exact same information.

If your development cycle is such that you push things to live that aren’t even correct or up to date information, then perhaps the fault isn’t with the players but with you. If on the other hand you just want to shut down criticism then that’s something else entirely, but perhaps even worse.

Passive aggressive comments from CCP like the one you just made just make it seem like the company ego is more important than the product, which I would hope isn’t the case.

12 Likes

I’m really sorry you feel like I was trying to stifle criticism because that’s absolutely not the case. As I said above, we’ve been reading peoples concerns and I can say that there’s even been some adjustments based on some valid points.

My post was simply to reassure players that they aren’t going unheard and that the full and complete information is on the way. We don’t want people panicking when they don’t have all the facts.

Thanks for your response!

That’s a very different reply and very appreciated, and I’m sure you understand how your original post could have been construed in the way I said.

The fact that you’re making changes based on current feedback makes me hopeful, but I also question how we arrived at this point in the first place. Why couldn’t the CSM or QA or whoever the first point of feedback is easily predict how bad 2.0 would have been if it went live in the state we currently see on TQ / announced at Vegas?

4 Likes

I’ll be happy to discuss this further when we’ve released all the details

1 Like

k, see you next year when all the details are released then.

4 Likes

this whole release reminds me of that meme:

I don’t always test my code…

[[ Most interesting man in the world photo here ]]

But when I do, I do it in production.
Stay on Call my friends

3 Likes

Another vote for the removal or ability to toggle the chat bubble icon that is completely unnecessary and problematic

2 Likes

Fixed That

There, fixed that for you. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Here we go again… please remove the chat icons from the character boxes, i can right click if i want to engage with someone. i don’t want a screen full of useless icons/links that get in the way. And looking at other posts, there is more mess to moan about. Are you trying to turn this into a childs game?

2 Likes

I agree with the other posts saying the “start conversation” button needs removing or at least have a toggle, and agency window seems much less efficient than old agent finder - Why would you remove option to filter low sec missions? I don’t see how anyone could consider this an improvement

2 Likes

CCP - Can we please have you look at making functional changes to the way private convos work?

Set a default for chat text size/ time stamps positioning and member list display

It would be so nice that i don’t have to not rest it EVERY TIME I get a convo.

Also… Please remove chat bubbles for the love of Bob.

EDIT:

Better Idea: Give us the ability to sort the local list by status for war decs, so you know… flashy/reds, etc will show at the top of your list.

2 Likes

Still waiting for reply :frowning:

1 Like

By removing this handy option to quickly see other people active contracts you guys did very bad job. Now it pops up this super annoying “Not allowed” message. makes me sad.

3 Likes

+1 For having that new horrible start conversation button removed or a option to hide it.

2 Likes

I noticed that because of the event that just ended. I had all my skin drops from the event together in one of my toons’ Amarr hangar, and boom, all of a sudden all those pages and pages of skins were down at the bottom instead of the top. There have certainly been times skins-at-top has irritated me (when I’d rather see ammo at the top during an event, which is why I suspect they changed it), but while docked in a station, it’s rather a pain to have to scroll to the very bottom to deal with the skins I’m buying and selling to get the ship skins I want to inject and/or keep after this event.

Also, all the BPCs that dropped in this event are still at the top above ammo whether in ship or in station, so… still plenty of stuff blocking ammo from being at the top of the cargo.

Maybe the real solution to this is to allow us to set what order we want what items to appear in (by default, I mean… not talking about sort by name/quantity/type/estimated price, all of which are niche sorting schemes)… and maybe be able to make separate default sorts for while in ship vs. while in station? That would be most epic.

2 Likes

Nope, as I just mentioned in my reply to Ky_Vatta, it suddenly swapped for me as well one day this past week. I did not change sort options, it’s the default order of item types that changed.

And speaking of default orders of things… I noticed the skins moving in my cargo/my hangars due to the event, but I hadn’t missioned in a week or so (also because of the event), so I just noticed something in the past day while returning to some L4 missioning post-event and post-sorting out my skins…

When you do a reverse icon sort on your overview (which I started doing for incursioning reasons but have since used as my default overview presentation 90-95% of the time in game (5%-10% I’m using distance or name/type, but very situationally)), it used to be sorted as follows:

fleetmates → rats → structures/objects → stations → stargates → sun

… well, a few missions in to returning to L4s I warp into a particular mission and there’s nothing but fleetmates and objects visible at first in my 27-item-visible-at-all-times overview… turns out it was the first mission I’d accepted with a ton of LCS/LCO on grid. The rats were hiding way down below all those objects:

fleetmates → structures/objects → rats → stations → stargates → sun

… this change makes no sense and I can find no reference to it in the patch notes for January 2018 (any more than the skin default sort placement in cargo hangars). I’m having to use a tab that only shows fleetmates and rats as a temporary workaround, but this is quite the pain.

Please revert this icon sort change to our overviews or allow us to customize that as well.

Paradox said they were blue before and are blue now. That’s true. But they used to be a very pale light blue and not very noticeable IMO, and now they’re a dark blue… which some people say is also not very noticeable… but to me, makes them look like shared/lootable wrecks when I see them on the sides/top/bottom of my screen in space on gates. Gets my hopes up for nothing. :wink:

2 Likes

REMOVE THE HORSEPUCKY, the thing called ‘start convo bubble button’.

• its eats up my precious display space
  • its the biggest troll every time i move the pointer over a contract
  • NO!!! I DON’T WANT TO CONVO!!! I WANT TO SEE THE #*@#^#^ INFO ON THAT CONTACT!!
  • PUT IT BACK IN THE RIGHT CLICK MENU WHERE IT BELONGS
9 Likes