Keeping PvE players in EVE

The question “What if neither wants the baby?” suggests she does not know the story or perhaps needs a refresher. I see no reason to take a suggestion to look up the story in question and provide search terms as such an affront.

is not a affront brother
its a cultural thing
Brazilians love to joke and talk ■■■■
is called “zoeira”
google the zoeira never ends
images
dont take me serious …

edit:
sometimes we like in such a Kafkaesque reality that we need to make jokes about everyone and everything to go on , its part of our DNA

thats a famous Brazilian song poorly translated by google that kinda explain

Yea I’lll let the piranhas handle this one.

Thank the heavens that Big Daddy Rohan is here to educate my young, impressionable mind, and discipline my naughty, rebellious keister, for without his reassuring voice and stern (but fair) touch, I surely would have been lost to the degeneracy of these internet message boards, doomed to wallow in my ignorance as a pig in mud.

3 Likes

The situation you mentioned above, doesnt happen. You would have to go to a lowsec or nullsec system and buy a battlecruiser there, in order for the situation above to happen, and even then, the ship would be cheap, and Battlecruisers cost 100 mill so lowsec would be even cheaper.

Your fantasy scenario of “I went to lowsec and bought an overpriced ship and was killed” is no more real than “I bought a titan in Nullsec and cant do anything with it, i just want to PvE with my titan, with no risk of getting it destroyed, so CCP please either allow titans into hisec or create a PVE server where even Nullsec is PVE only”.

People say this, but imagine what a terrible place it would become.

If ships can no longer be destroyed, there is no longer any demand. This would escalate in oversupply, as players buy ships, but because they never get destroyed, prices become cheaper and cheaper until they are worth nothing, and there is no longer any incentive to mine or build anything anymore.

The PVE server that you ask for, would not work unless CCP removed mining and building and had NPCs start seeding ships and modules.

Good news is, if all you want to do is PVE, then there already exists a server for this.

Its called Singulairty. Its a test server where you can mission and do all your PVE activities with very little chance of being destroyed.

3 Likes

Seriously, this server that you want, already exists. Its called Sisi, and its a server that will allow you to PVE all you want.

that said i think i bring above average humorous comments and overall I’m a positive asset to this forums

me review

3 Likes

We should start a thread where we post reviews.

Here is mine.

4 Likes

Language: English

Well, that’s a stretch.

Anyways, my review is just someone asking where they can get the R18 patch.

1 Like

Join the club.

We should start a petition.

1 Like

Fun place too.

All those wth…lets just go nuts with pyfa ideas you can make reality here. And not care if what on tranquility would be a 80 billion isk cruiser just got vaporized.

:+1:

Since when were BCs considered rare?

“pay of omega” they said, “you will get access to 100+ ships” they said, of which you can realistically use like 10 of which for 6 you even don’t need to have an omega

1 Like

This idea is bad for numerous reasons

1: Splitting the playerbase into 2 different servers will probably kill or severely hurt the game, by making far less interaction happen and less content for everyone

2: Why a pve centric server? If theres a server where you can farm endless ISK, what do you do with that ISK? Make more ISK endlessly? So then youre just playing a very advanced version of cookie clicker or its bajillion ripoffs. I don’t think anyone would actually like to play an eve where the only thing to do is make ISK which only has the purpose of making more of itself.

3: If a hypothetical newbie buys a BC with ALL of their money, and loses it to pvp, theyve experienced 1 of the most core rules of eve: Don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose. Eve isn’t for people with poor risk management.

4: CCP probably doesn’t care about the players who exclusively do pve, beyond their use as content for pvpers directly or indirectly. People who do nothing but pve only serve to be content for others, farm modules that pvpers need (faction/deadspace loot especially), and inflate the economy by printing raw ISK in the case of most pve. If they’re fully separated from the pvp parts of the game, they don’t have a purpose for the wider economy and won’t be cared about

Dude, you are 18 years late.

This thread not locked yet… made it in time. Inb4lock.

PvP players feed on PvE players like piranhas on other fish. Remove the other fish and the piranhas die.
What CCP shouldn’t have done is put NPCs in a PvP game so if PvE players leave it’s CCP’s fault.

But there is a PvE server where non-consensual PvP is not allowed in 99,99% of the systems. Why are you not going there? It’s called Singularity. If you can answer this question then you know the answer to yours.

2 Likes

Does it? It’s been almost two decades and modern Eve is chock full of PvE grinders and farmers, more so than back in the glory days. Seems like CCP has found the formula to provide enough adversity, or maybe the illusion of adversity, to hook a large number of PvE-minded players.

I mean, look at yourself:

Returned to eve after unsubing many years ago. Played mostly mimitar. Never got into the PvP content nor went into null sec. Got only so far as the destroyer, thrasher in ships. Planetary interactions were not in the game and CCP was its own company.
I cannot honestly remember why I left eve online, maybe because I didn’t have the time to afford the subscription service? I was also playing more planetside 1, prior BFRs patch.

You got bored and drifted away from Eve and the “engaging” PvE you were pursuing in highsec. I see no reason why you think it will be different this time. In a few months you will be in a Battleship farming repetitive L4 missions, and then leave again. Players taking the linear solo PvE path don’t have a long life expectancy. Sure, a few players like the engineering puzzle of optimizing stale content and stick around for a long time, or find a community of other autists/aficionados to bond with, but most players just get bored with Eve’s safe PvE and move on either to something more dangerous in Eve, or more commonly another game entirely.

If there is anything interesting about missions, it is doing them in a context of competing with other players and with the background of a player-driven economy. And that is all PvP.

I think you are missing one of the key, maybe the key value proposition of Eve Online: we all share a single, persistent universe. That is something that will never change. CCP won’t jettison the history and… cachet of being the longest-lived and most popular virtual world. And they won’t completely isolate you away from the rest of the universe, as what would then be the point of playing in a virtual world?

I’ll think you’ll find that Eve is not as harsh as you imagine. Yes, you can lose stuff unexpectedly to both NPCs and other players, but CCP has built in a lot of effectively safe space over the years that allows PvE players to avoid conflict yet feel like they were at risk which enhances the experience and give more meaning to your actions and accomplishments. One of the ingredients of the secret sauce that is Eve is that the possibility that you might lose, even if it is so vanishingly small and avoidable with a basic understanding of the game, that keeps more players than a perfectly safe space would.

If you avoid the most dangerous spaces, you are essentially at no risk as a new player as you don’t have anything. The cost on illegal aggression in highsec means you aren’t really a target. There are even things like Abyssal PvE that are complete instanced! Play some more, and you’ll see how safe this game is now, and maybe appreciate the spice a tiny element of risk and competition adds to the game.

But if you do want a taste of how bland and broken Eve is with no PvP, maybe give Eve: Echoes a try?

3 Likes

I think you are limiting yourself there, either in activities, or in what ships you use.
It’s not all Ravens Online. :wink: