Keeping PvE players in EVE

There are many missions that have no gates.

People can locate the Abyssal trace and murder them when they come out.

3 Likes

I’ll repeat myself in bold: As for the rest, you have D-scan. Or is pushing V too much effort for you. If you’re in a mission, they will need combat probes to hunt you down. If you see combat probes, you’re probably at risk and need to bail.

Well… you got me there. Except you can run abyssals anywhere and it doesn’t effect the payout. So you can go to high sec and run them there. And since you’re running abyssals, you’re in a combat ship. And its highly unlikely if you’re running abyssals that you’re going to come out so heavily damaged that a ganker can pop you in high sec.

Also, you can be smart and just find a system where nobody is (dotlan, in-game map) and run your abyssals there. The odds of you getting caught are pretty low since they have to get into the system, see the trace, and then find it. Again, you’re looking for easy street on a game that rewards people who plan ahead and put forth effort. Seriously… pushing V is too much for you.

You made it sound as level 4 were no risk because of gates and it was false.

I knew hunters who were very good at locating peoples general location, using one probe or D-scan searches that does not give a warning and then bring them in get the hit and pull. So think about your statement again about pressing V.

Yep. I happen to be one of those guys. Its a skill you learn (like most activities in Eve) when you put forth the effort. The issue is that there is still a window where they are scanning where you can see the combat probes… even if its one scan.

I have a mult-button mouse (cheap at any big box retailer) where I assigned V to one of the buttons at the thumb. Whenever I’m in an area where I am worried about getting scanned down and attacked, I’m pushing that button non-stop. Saved myself a few times by doing so too.

Again, learn to play the game.

1 Like

So you are pressing a mouse button and not pressing V?

Just stop. People like you never think that there might be PVE players out there who enjoy the game as it is and don’t want more 100% safety garbage like triangle instances.

2 Likes

Yeahnah

If you don’t want 100 percent safety, all you gotta do is step outside the zone. That’s why low sec is so full of…oh wait. Low sec is like a desert…

1 Like

And so are most HiSec systems. You don’t have a point here.

The very moment that comment was posted, Checked the last 10 kills on zKill
5 lowsec
3 nul
2 high

Check the timestamps.

1 Like

LowSec is pretty active here in Solitude.

Especially Straloin and Toustain. Lots of krabbers ripe for the ganking.

Kills = population?

Nope.

1 Like

Cool. Eve is a big place and there are still so many places to go!

It correlates.

It doesn’t. One place you are free to shoot everything in sight with a chance to survive and another you have no chance. It makes far too much difference for that correlation.

Living conditions are hostile inside a desert… that could be saying that New Eden also hostile!

2 Likes

Send me isk.

It does. If you ever read the MER and check out the “destruction” heat map, and you have an idea of how populated different regions are, you’ll see that it maps pretty well. Sorry bud.

In all places you are free to shoot everything in site. And you’re being pretty myopic here, ignoring war decs, suspect baiting, kill rights, etcetc.

Sorry bud. Bad take on your part. Real bad. You went in the opposite direction of the empirical data. That never works out well.

1 Like

You misread the data.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like